Lol, thanks Muahaha I am glad you are enjoying it. As mentioned, the addon makers deserve all the credit. Duala is awesome [especially by air], so it Nimitz, meatballs f18 etc. It nice to be able to use them all together and appreciate their hard work.My whole Christmas was playing this, it's really enjoyable.
On another note, my whole Christmas has been spent making a new update.
See the top post for a link.
I will try address some of the things you mentioned, all are pretty valid points. First of all, I changed and added some cloud + adjusted the daytime for the covert ops missions. Overall, I think you will now require to use your night vision. Particully the mission8 [Airfield Infiltration] I am pretty happy with. Silouttes of the enemy now depending on how and where you decide to place yourself to carry out the mission give great ambience.
v1.03 | 27-Dec-11
* Mission8: [Airfield Infiltration] patrols improved.
* Mission8: [Airfield Infiltration] Convoy lights are off until it moves into position.
* Mission10: [Takedown Gotdafti] NVGoggles added to MH-60S pilot as insertion is now just before dawn [typical mission playout].
* Removed: Atmospheric planes landing as they can't retract their undercarridge and sometimes explode on landing.
* Fixed: Issue where the Game Engine Seasonal tide calculations where causing issues with vehicles spawning on USS Nimitz [Causing explosions as they fell through the Nimitz deck into the ocean].
* Added Silenced weapons to units operating at night in mission8 and mission10.
* Fixed: Markers not hiding themselves using setmarkeralpha 0 for some missions.
* Added: Some planes to the Nimitz deck for some missions.
* Fixed: Wiki's name made it into the mission description rather than the credits section : P
In Libya, Nato inforced a strict no-fly zone. Apart from the odd Die hard, I believe not to many fighters even fired a shot due to air-strikes on the Linyan airforce airbases. This is what happened in mission 1 of my campaign. The No-fly zone was something enforced by the NATO alliance. It does seem really unfair that the MIG's of Duala are quite outnumbered.F18 against 1 Mig21 most of the time seems a bit unfair for the AI. Since the airplane draw distance has been increase. Can we get longer or tougher air dogfights?
In saying that...if they get off the ground you better watch out they are very deadly. 1 missile = 1 dead F18 Hornet.
I grabbed the CSG template from Snafu [Thanks Snafu]. It included the guys on Nimitz's deck. Trouble is AI can not navigate around the deck. Well they can but often they fall off and go swimming. My co-pilot script seems to be able to spawn a pilot on deck, but often he takes a couple of goes to get into your fighter jet.The carrier deck crew needs more animations or activity to make it more "busy".
Maybe I could spend some time making some guys have converstations or something. For some atmosphere I added that landing plane via playMove. Trouble is with different mission times the water tide levels change effecting Nimitz Height ASL. Therefore the planes sometimes explode killing everything on the deck. Lol, it is quite atmospheric, but not very user friendly on the mission.
I hope Meatball decides to implement a scripted version of the landing gear, because then I could also make the AI land properly on the deck. ATM they don't know that they are landing, and something like "(driver f18_1) action ["LandGear", f18_1];" only works for a player controlled aircraft. I have no way of forcing landing gear to go down when approching the carrier.
This might be really bad from me, but I don't know much about Mando Missiles. I am aware of the addon, but I thought it was an optional addon by the user. Is there anyway you can activate it via the mod-folder method? I think Meatball stated is was optional for his superhornett at least?Any chances of integrating MMA suite into the campaign?
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this. If I get more feedback I can improve it. Maybe even add some more missions if you give me some ideas. I am all out : P