Blake's Sling Loading v0.2.4a

Requirements:

TOH version of CBA.

Media:

sERZpUV1RE0

blakesslingload.jpg

Sling loading a light aircraft, sling camera example.

Introduction:

I created this for myself. I wanted an out of the box sling loading functionality as I like to quickly throw a few things into the editor and quickly create a basic functional mission for myself.

This allows sling loading operations to be easily created, without effecting any other missions created by others with their own sling loading scripts triggers etc.

History:

0.2.4a

Added ability to show the sling cam in the action screen.

Decreased the time it takes the loader to attach loads to six seconds.

Increased the maximum speed while the loader is loading to better suit players not using

autohover.

Changed the camera code to be compatible with my Mobile parts cameras.

0.2.3a

Fixed oversight when packing, where the signature was not being updated.

0.2.2a

Fixed incorrect signature files.

0.2.1a

Fixed problem where sling camera stayed active in all vehicles.

0.2a

Made speed more flexible, meaning less tolerance for ai hookups.

Created the ability to set the desired speed, for those that don't like to rely on autohover.

Created the ability to set the time required for an ai hookup.

Increased the range that the ai can hookup an object. Current version didn't allow the ai to move close enough to trigger the hooking sequence for large objects.

Added Sling load camera in the monitors. Can be turned off and on in the action menu.

Added two zoom settings for the camera accessed via the action menu.

Installation:

Same as any other addon. If you are unsure, please search the forums for help.

A good starting point is here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1908141&postcount=2

Limitations:

Only tested in single player. Although I did try and code it with MP in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if something didn't work seeing as it had no testing in that area.

This hasn't had a lot of testing, created it more for myself, but happy with the result and thought it might be enjoyed by others in the community.

I find it easier to disable my track ir when using the menus to connect the line to helicopters and objects. It requires you to place the cursor over them to make the menu item visible. The track ir makes knowing where the cursor position is hard.

Features:

Manual connection of the sling line to ensure no conflicts with other missions. To connect the line crawl under the helicopter until you get the menu item.

You can disconnect either by the remote release in the pilots seat(action menu) or crawling under to manually release via the action menu.

Electric hook releases for both loads and the line. Menu items.

Hot key for the menu items can be setup for use as buttons on a joystick if desired.

Found under custom controls in the controls dialog.

• User 1 = Line release.
  • User 2 = Load release.

The ability to manually connect and un-connect a load to your line if the load is close enough to the helicopter. Menu option becomes available when close enough and looking at the object.

AI Loader unit Found under Civilian -> American -> People -> Blakes Loader in the editor.

• Loader will move to the nearest load it has been synced with in the editor if it is closer than 100m. Note if the loader is a member of your group you will need to order him to move close the the load. Designed to be in his own group of one ideally.

• If a helicopter with a sling line is close enough and slow enough the loader will attempt to hook the nearest load onto the line.

• Distance for connection is between helicopter and Load object. Must be less than the line length. Tried using a token object to track the end of the line, but they would bounce around like tied up rabbits until snapping off the line.

Set AI loader values:

Max hookup speed:

Place the code in the ai loaders initialization field. Units are m/s. Default value is 3

this setvariable ["maxhookupspeed",1.4,true];

Load Time:

Place the code in the ai loaders initialization field. Units are seconds. Default value is 6

this setvariable ["loadtime",10,true];

Sling camera:

Turn on and off at the action menu.

Once on, there will be the option to change the zoom.

At this stage I haven't figured out how to define whether the overlayed version of the camera appears or not. In testing if i spawn the code in the init field, I get the overlay. Running the addon I only get the vehicle's monitor displaying? Hopefully as more people experiment with this a better understanding of how it functions will prevail.

Download:

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

download2_2.png

Community Base Addons

https://rapidshare.com/files/1394769025/Blakes_Sling_Loading_v0_2_4_a.rar

Edited by blakeace

Great! Downloading now. Thanks m8! Really need to try this today after work.

nice! now we just need some Christmas trees and trucks to put them in!

Sorry for the slow reply, and thanks for the kind words.

-Ziggy-;2067537']I'll check it out' date=' experiment, and give feedback. thanks for sharing.[/quote']

Cheers constructive feedback is always welcome :)

is there a way to shorten the time the line takes to connect?

great mod by the way.

Will be in the next version now :)

I almost have an update ready.

Changes will include:

More flexible speed tolerance for ai hookups. Ability to set the desired speed, for those that like to not rely on autohover.

Ability to set the time required for an ai hookup.

Increased the range that the ai can hookup an object. Current version didn't allow the ai to move close enough to trigger the hooking sequence for large objects.

Added Sling load camera in the monitors. Can be turned off and on in the action menu.

Edited by blakeace

blake thats the things id like improved this mod deserves more credit than you are getting its great fun.

Edit: HotFix Uploaded

Sorry I found a small logical error which caused only the heavy helicopters menu items to not appear correctly.

Light and medium were ok.

If you downloaded before you saw this edit please re-download.

Ok I have uploaded a new version.

First post updated with the new download.

Blake's Sling Loading v0.2a

History:

• Made speed more flexible, meaning less tolerance for ai hookups.
  • Created the ability to set the desired speed, for those that don't like to rely on autohover.
  • Created the ability to set the time required for an ai hookup.
  • Increased the range that the ai can hookup an object. Current version didn't allow the ai to move close enough to trigger the hooking sequence for large objects.
  • Added Sling load camera in the monitors. Can be turned off and on in the action menu.
  • Added two zoom settings for the camera accessed via the action menu.

blake thats the things id like improved this mod deserves more credit than you are getting its great fun.

Cheers, I'm glad you like it.

@Sickboy - I have updated my tools, so sigs should be ok now.

Edited by blakeace

found a little bug. if you activate the sling cam and get out the chopper without disabling it, than you have the sling cam on the left mirror of the suv.

should be a check do switch it of when you leave the chopper.

the addon is really great. testing it soon in MP.

greetz

found a little bug. if you activate the sling cam and get out the chopper without disabling it, than you have the sling cam on the left mirror of the suv.

should be a check do switch it of when you leave the chopper.

the addon is really great. testing it soon in MP.

greetz

Cheers, much appreciated.

Fixed Version now available in the first post

First post has been updated with a version that doesn't retain a persistent sling cam in all vehicles if left on when leaving the helicopter.

Awesome mod, just tried it out. Good work with it.

Can I make some missions for release on the forums using this mod please? I have had a few ideas for missions and I am going to start working on them soon.

Updated on SU, couple of issues:

- You created a new BlakeAce.Bikey - now your mods cannot be combined on the same server anymore, because you have addons signed with old blakeace.bikey, and now also with new blakeace.bikey.

If you want to update your key, you should version it (e.g blakeace1, blakeace2, blakeace3).

- The bisign included is still v1. The only thing you have to do to get v2 is use the OA 2.5.1 or newer tools to sign the pbo. Creating a new key was not needed.

Hopefully you still have your old blakeace.bikey and biprivatekey, so you can sign this mod again with your old key :D

Just tried it yesterday evening. Great mod! Works like a charm. I've made small mission for everyone to try it. Nothing fancy, no triggers or waypoints, no mission finish. You have to trasport cargo to cargo ship, both marked on the map. The worker is there to help you attach the boards. Off course all credits go to blakeace :)

Cargo mission

Enjoy.

First Post updated.

Version 0.2.2a

Fixed incorrect signature files.

Updated on SU, couple of issues:

- You created a new BlakeAce.Bikey - now your mods cannot be combined on the same server anymore, because you have addons signed with old blakeace.bikey, and now also with new blakeace.bikey.

If you want to update your key, you should version it (e.g blakeace1, blakeace2, blakeace3).

- The bisign included is still v1. The only thing you have to do to get v2 is use the OA 2.5.1 or newer tools to sign the pbo. Creating a new key was not needed.

Hopefully you still have your old blakeace.bikey and biprivatekey, so you can sign this mod again with your old key :D

DOH!, yes very silly of me. First post now updated with old keys, signed using the new tools. Hopefully I've got it right this time.

Thanks for being so on the ball :). Apologies for the stuff up.

Dan;2072042']Awesome mod' date=' just tried it out. Good work with it.

Can I make some missions for release on the forums using this mod please? I have had a few ideas for missions and I am going to start working on them soon.[/quote']

Definitely. The only thing I would suggest is a disclaimer as this is still in a testing phase. My development methodology rely's on member usage to help test my addons :).

If you are thinking of multiplayer missions, bear in mind this has had no testing in that environment, so I would be amazed if it didn't fall over somewhere in MP.

Just tried it yesterday evening. Great mod! Works like a charm. I've made small mission for everyone to try it. Nothing fancy, no triggers or waypoints, no mission finish. You have to trasport cargo to cargo ship, both marked on the map. The worker is there to help you attach the boards. Off course all credits go to blakeace :)

Cargo mission

Enjoy.

Cheers I'm glad you like it.

Small Update

Will not effect single player. Fixed a small problem where using the new tools to pack the files, I overlooked ticking the created signature file box. New download just includes the correct signature file.

First post updated with new download.

Updated

Version 0.2.4a available in the first post.

• Added ability to show the sling cam in the action screen.
  • Decreased the time it takes the loader to attach loads to six seconds.
  • Increased the maximum speed while the loader is loading to better suit players not using autohover.
  • Changed the camera code to be compatible with my Mobile parts cameras.
  • Camera requires batties to be on before being able to turn on.

Any idea how this mod can be made MP compatible (e.g. running on dedicated server)?

Currently it seems that server-side objects cannot be sling loaded (sling attaches but the object won't move).

I suspect server objects have to be made local to the player's client upon attaching for this to work in an MP environment but I have no idea how this can be done.

Great mod btw ;)

Any idea how this mod can be made MP compatible (e.g. running on dedicated server)?

Currently it seems that server-side objects cannot be sling loaded (sling attaches but the object won't move).

I suspect server objects have to be made local to the player's client upon attaching for this to work in an MP environment but I have no idea how this can be done.

Great mod btw ;)

Setting up a little test server is one of those things still on my todo list. All of the sling loading stuff is new to me and I am just experimenting around with it all. So until I get around to setting up a server and doing some tests I can't answer your questions sorry.

First a warning, I'm not a very good scripter at all. I wouldn't even know where to start in fixing this, but if the signs and symptoms will help then I have conducted a little MP test. Perhaps this might save Blake the trouble.

So I had a play with the slingloading on a local server. Me hosting and a local PC joining. At my end it worked just like single player. However the load would remain wherever I detached it, even if that was 100ft in the air! Other users could not see the rope or the attached cargo, but the cargo would reappear for them when released.

If joining the game, attach rope and sling object both work al la singleplayer. Other players cannot see the rope, however I, as host, could still see the attached load. The non host user was unable to move the box at all. The rope stretched and stretched.

I think Daikan is right. The objects work for me (the server) but are un-influencable by anyone joining.

As far as I can tell there are two things that need doing for this mod to work in MP.

- Ropes and attached load need to be visible to all players

- People who aren't the host need to be able to influence loads.

Sounds simple to me but I fully appreciate that coding is never as simple as it seems to non-coders. Anyway if this information helps at all then great! I really appreciate the work done by you so please don't take this as a nag to make it work. Just thought I would try to help in any little way I could.

Cheers Reg

First a warning, I'm not a very good scripter at all. I wouldn't even know where to start in fixing this, but if the signs and symptoms will help then I have conducted a little MP test. Perhaps this might save Blake the trouble.

So I had a play with the slingloading on a local server. Me hosting and a local PC joining. At my end it worked just like single player. However the load would remain wherever I detached it, even if that was 100ft in the air! Other users could not see the rope or the attached cargo, but the cargo would reappear for them when released.

If joining the game, attach rope and sling object both work al la singleplayer. Other players cannot see the rope, however I, as host, could still see the attached load. The non host user was unable to move the box at all. The rope stretched and stretched.

I think Daikan is right. The objects work for me (the server) but are un-influencable by anyone joining.

As far as I can tell there are two things that need doing for this mod to work in MP.

- Ropes and attached load need to be visible to all players

- People who aren't the host need to be able to influence loads.

Sounds simple to me but I fully appreciate that coding is never as simple as it seems to non-coders. Anyway if this information helps at all then great! I really appreciate the work done by you so please don't take this as a nag to make it work. Just thought I would try to help in any little way I could.

Cheers Reg

Thanks Codfish, but I believe the rope simulation isn't MP compatiable. I haven't read anything in the change logs that imply they have. I read it but didn't think to post a reference to it here sorry.

Each of the new Scripted - Helicopters waypoints are a function that is simply called by the waypoint when it is completed, and the parameters of the waypoint are passed to the function. In the case of attaching and detaching slingloads, the functions involved are: BIS_fnc_wpSlingLoadAttach and BIS_fnc_wpSlingLoadDetach. You can also call all functions in a MP compatible format through use of the BIS_fnc_MP function.

Unfortunately, rope simulation is currently not MP compatible. If it is a hosted server, the host will be the only one the system will work on. The rope and cargo will be invisible for the clients. It won't work at all on dedicated servers.

That is a shame. :( Thanks for letting me know.

I'm just speculating so once again please don't take this as any kind of nag.

I remember some features of A.C.E Mod for Arma 2 having sling loads and even rappelling. Did you ever use it? But with all the infrastructure that makes A.C.E. Mod what it is, my pathetic mind cannot dechiper what would need to be 'appropriated'. (and of course permission would be attained) I fear A.C.E. has so many layers working together that it would probably require a severe overhall, well beyond my capabilities, to work with ToH.

Again this is me speculating, is anyone from A.C.E in the ToH scene? It would be lovely to see some of these fantastic mods in an MP environment for ToH

Thanks for the cool mods Blake and I'm looking forward to your Naval aviation. :)

That is a shame. :( Thanks for letting me know.

I'm just speculating so once again please don't take this as any kind of nag.

I remember some features of A.C.E Mod for Arma 2 having sling loads and even rappelling. Did you ever use it? But with all the infrastructure that makes A.C.E. Mod what it is, my pathetic mind cannot dechiper what would need to be 'appropriated'. (and of course permission would be attained) I fear A.C.E. has so many layers working together that it would probably require a severe overhall, well beyond my capabilities, to work with ToH.

Again this is me speculating, is anyone from A.C.E in the ToH scene? It would be lovely to see some of these fantastic mods in an MP environment for ToH

Thanks for the cool mods Blake and I'm looking forward to your Naval aviation. :)

The other one to look at would be Norrin's MP Compatible Rope Script. I guess it depends where the compatibility issue lies - if it's just the function then it's probably fixable with a mod. If it's the underlying rope physics then it's not an easy fix! If I get some time I'll have a quick look at Norrin's script vs the BIS ToH function.