Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blake's Sling Loading

found a little bug. if you activate the sling cam and get out the chopper without disabling it, than you have the sling cam on the left mirror of the suv.

should be a check do switch it of when you leave the chopper.

the addon is really great. testing it soon in MP.

greetz

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster303 View Post
    found a little bug. if you activate the sling cam and get out the chopper without disabling it, than you have the sling cam on the left mirror of the suv.

should be a check do switch it of when you leave the chopper.

the addon is really great. testing it soon in MP.

greetz
    Cheers, much appreciated.

Fixed Version now available in the first post

First post has been updated with a version that doesn't retain a persistent sling cam in all vehicles if left on when leaving the helicopter.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Awesome mod, just tried it out. Good work with it.

Can I make some missions for release on the forums using this mod please? I have had a few ideas for missions and I am going to start working on them soon.
    My custom missions:
    TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ration-Pegasus
    TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-Convoy-Attack
    A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...48#post2182048
    Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...72#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

Updated on SU, couple of issues:
    - You created a new BlakeAce.Bikey - now your mods cannot be combined on the same server anymore, because you have addons signed with old blakeace.bikey, and now also with new blakeace.bikey.
    If you want to update your key, you should version it (e.g blakeace1, blakeace2, blakeace3).

- The bisign included is still v1. The only thing you have to do to get v2 is use the OA 2.5.1 or newer tools to sign the pbo. Creating a new key was not needed.

Hopefully you still have your old blakeace.bikey and biprivatekey, so you can sign this mod again with your old key

Just tried it yesterday evening. Great mod! Works like a charm. I've made small mission for everyone to try it. Nothing fancy, no triggers or waypoints, no mission finish. You have to trasport cargo to cargo ship, both marked on the map. The worker is there to help you attach the boards. Off course all credits go to blakeace

Cargo mission

Enjoy.

Author of the Thread
    First Post updated.

Version 0.2.2a
    Fixed incorrect signature files.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    Updated on SU, couple of issues:
    - You created a new BlakeAce.Bikey - now your mods cannot be combined on the same server anymore, because you have addons signed with old blakeace.bikey, and now also with new blakeace.bikey.
    If you want to update your key, you should version it (e.g blakeace1, blakeace2, blakeace3).

- The bisign included is still v1. The only thing you have to do to get v2 is use the OA 2.5.1 or newer tools to sign the pbo. Creating a new key was not needed.

Hopefully you still have your old blakeace.bikey and biprivatekey, so you can sign this mod again with your old key
    DOH!, yes very silly of me. First post now updated with old keys, signed using the new tools. Hopefully I've got it right this time.
    Thanks for being so on the ball . Apologies for the stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by [EVO] Dan View Post
    Awesome mod, just tried it out. Good work with it.

Can I make some missions for release on the forums using this mod please? I have had a few ideas for missions and I am going to start working on them soon.
    Definitely. The only thing I would suggest is a disclaimer as this is still in a testing phase. My development methodology rely's on member usage to help test my addons .
    If you are thinking of multiplayer missions, bear in mind this has had no testing in that environment, so I would be amazed if it didn't fall over somewhere in MP.

Quote Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
    Just tried it yesterday evening. Great mod! Works like a charm. I've made small mission for everyone to try it. Nothing fancy, no triggers or waypoints, no mission finish. You have to trasport cargo to cargo ship, both marked on the map. The worker is there to help you attach the boards. Off course all credits go to blakeace

Cargo mission

Enjoy.
    Cheers I'm glad you like it.

Author of the Thread
    Small Update

Will not effect single player. Fixed a small problem where using the new tools to pack the files, I overlooked ticking the created signature file box. New download just includes the correct signature file.

First post updated with new download.

Author of the Thread
    Updated

Version 0.2.4a available in the first post.

• Added ability to show the sling cam in the action screen.
    • Decreased the time it takes the loader to attach loads to six seconds.
    • Increased the maximum speed while the loader is loading to better suit players not using autohover.
    • Changed the camera code to be compatible with my Mobile parts cameras.
    • Camera requires batties to be on before being able to turn on.

Last edited by DarkXess; Jan 28 2012 at 21:55.

Any idea how this mod can be made MP compatible (e.g. running on dedicated server)?

Currently it seems that server-side objects cannot be sling loaded (sling attaches but the object won't move).

I suspect server objects have to be made local to the player's client upon attaching for this to work in an MP environment but I have no idea how this can be done.

Great mod btw

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what is least known." - Michel de Montaigne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast