Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Stagler's Spetsnaz GRU

Spetsnaz GRU

Requires ARMA 2 Combined Operations

sneak1.th.jpgpic3kr.th.jpgpic1de.th.jpgpic4dn.th.jpg

newsniper.th.jpg63643868.th.jpg82813456.th.jpg

desgru.th.jpgdesgru2.th.jpg

I finally finished v1.0 of my Spetsnaz GRU addon after about 1 year of failed works in progress.

I made these first for personal use and for TF86 but they werent used so i carried on working on them for public release.

I originally intended these to be like the BIS MVD but I took a different path halfway through development.

I recieved alot of help from the lads at The Red Fox Studios and some models from W0lle and took these in the direction that resulted in this end state.

v1.6 Features

• Overall the look and feel of these units is that of a conventional military spetsnaz team, not MVD or FSB. (I may add heavier MVD style units later on)
  • 6 kinds of Operators wearing Gorka D: Teamleader, Scout, Marksman, Assaultman, Medic, & Operator (Under Men).
  • 6 kinds of Operators wearing Gorka D Izlom: Teamleader, Scout, Marksman, Assaultman, Medic, & Operator(Under Men (Woodland)).
  • 6 kinds of Operators wearing Mountain Flora and Sumrak suits mixed: Teamleader, Scout, Marksman, Assaultman, Medic, & Operator(Under Men (Desert)).
  • A Sniper and Spotter wearing KZS camoflage suits (Under Men).
  • OA features compatible: Backpacks etc (OA thermal textures will come in a later update).
  • Equipped with BIS AKS-74s (Different weapons configs will come in a later update, or just use "this addweapon "x"" ;)).
  • New flora balaclava head which is used by some of the units
  • New GRU Rucksack (Thanks to SARMAT Studios for the model).

They can be found under the EAST side in the faction "GRU"

Classnames:

SG_GRU_TL

SG_GRU_Operator

SG_GRU_Medic

SG_GRU_Scout

SG_GRU_Marksman

SG_GRU_Assaultman

SG_GRU_MG

SG_GRU_TL_W

SG_GRU_Operator_W

SG_GRU_Medic_W

SG_GRU_Scout_W

SG_GRU_Marksman_W

SG_GRU_Assaultman_W

SG_GRU_MG_W

SG_GRU_TL_D

SG_GRU_Operator_D

SG_GRU_Medic_D

SG_GRU_Scout_D

SG_GRU_Marksman_D

SG_GRU_Assaultman_D

SG_GRU_MG_D

SG_GRU_Sniper

SG_GRU_Spotter

GRU_PACK

Credits

Models: BIS, Myself, EugenyKrag and The Red Fox Studios, W0lle, Shnapdrosel (Thanks alot lads, especially those at Red Fox).

Textures: BIS, Myself, TheDudeAbides, EugenyKrag, Kis4M3, MilitaryPhotos.com for insipiration.

Thanks to my flat mate doug and some members of DAGR for testing.

Thanks to SARMAT for the cap and comms, the rucksack, and CWR2 team for the KZS suit texture. Thanks lads, seriously.

Thanks to Jackal326 and ArdvarkDB for advice and allknowingness about oxygen 2.

Changelog

v1.0 - initial release

v1.1 - fixed headbug with Assaultman

v1.2 - Changed Woodland units to have Izlom Gorka D, new Boonie hat for Woodland TL unit, removed some of the "excess radios" from some of the units.

v1.3 - Added Sniper and Spotter in KZS suit

v1.4 - Changed Sniper and Spotter. Added machinegunners. Various bugfixes.

v1.5 - Added GRU Rucksack, minor model fixes.

v1.6 - Added Desert units in Mountain Flora and Sumrak mix.

v1.7 - Various bugfixes.

Right. Final (hopefully) version is done.

Rapidshare Download Link v1.7

Armaholic Download Link v1.7

Arma2Base Download Link v1.6

Edited by colonel stagler

Thanks!!! And I've been thinking you were working on FSB SpetsNaz. Surprise!

Thanks stagler, these look awesome! Downloading now.

Edit: are those screenshots using Chechenskaya Respublika map?

Edited by Clarkey1

nope Clarkey they are ADO Brik2 and Chernarus.

Is there any of them with the same nice helmet and facemask as you have as Avatar Stagler?

Me want! ;)

Very good job!!

@Blackfox: haha I aim to please mate.

@Mr Pedersen: As I said, im looking into making some guys with Altyn helmets soon. First I need to iron out a few bugs, do some guys in Izlom texture for Kis4M3, and look to reworking the textures as a whole now EugenyKrag has PM'd me some WIP shots of his new gorka textures.

Whooohoooo!!

Im happy! nice to hear!! GOOD LUCK!

I really hope PR start using your troops or ACE?

PR need balance faction this will do it, stone age Takis vs Brits/US does not work in long term. This might make gameplay even?

Or any way, would like to see some nice battles now with two factions with some kind of balance now insted of U.S/Brits 2011-equipment VS 1970´s-AK with out any kind of scope etc.

Guys, GRU is not FSB, GRU doesn't use any altyn helmets.

I'm not sure, but I didn't see GRU fighters in such helmets.

As I said, im looking into making some guys with Altyn helmets soon. First I need to iron out a few bugs, do some guys in Izlom texture for Kis4M3, and look to reworking the textures as a whole now EugenyKrag has PM'd me some WIP shots of his new gorka textures.

Stagler, the addon is awsome, and patiently waiting for EugenyKrag's Russian Modern Motorized Infantry addon update to make ARMA 2 the best OPFOR experience.

And if your gonna make them with helmets, make a sepparate addon since GRU doesnt use those kind of helmets like in your pic, they are stealthy, nimble units. But since 2008 Russian Army and SpeOps has modernizised alot (did i spell it right?) and now the whole gear has changed. Ive made a video of their lastest gear (not sure if in service tho).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxKu1FA_EMI :yay:

:yay:

One question tho: Is it MP compatible? thanks again.

Guys, GRU is not FSB, GRU doesn't use any altyn helmets.

I'm not sure, but I didn't see GRU fighters in such helmets.

Eugeny is right. Altyn is only used by FSB and MVD units. GRU is army special forces, not police or state. So their job is battlefield reconnaisance and conventional special operations such as disruption of supply lines and sabotage.

If i make some units with Altyn later on they will be in a seperate addon labelled as such. But will use these units as a base most probably.

In fact, the GRU soldiers can be attached at different divisions of Russian Army, for example, the 45th Detached Reconnaissance Regiment of VDV is in collaboration with GRU, and often GRU soldier is attached to this regiment, but in shadow....:) So, finaly we can see GRU soldier with helmet :)

Some good pics of 45th Reco (if you want HD send me an MP) :

5gdwl.jpg

jtOO8.jpg

b1PH4.jpg

9V2Vo.jpg

th5pT.jpg