Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Asymmetric Warfare Components

Quote Originally Posted by topas View Post
    Where's the damn 'like' button when you need one?
    I'm with Topas on this. Where's the "like" button!?

Seriously, this looks great already. Plus with the RG-31 and Husky like JDMT said--there's going to be some epic games ahead of us. (Ok, I need to stop re-watching Bomb PAtrol: Afghanistan. )

In Loving Memory of my Uncle Mike. RIP 1-31-13 & Grandma. RIP 11-18-2013

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    @ XxEnigmAxX

I'm working on basic disarm scripts, but certainly nothing fancy. I'm not very good at the more complex scripting aspects.

@ Robster

As you are an expert and have a lot of experience with these kind of devices...
    Would you like to tell us more about how to deal with them?
    Nope. Violates OPSEC.

Which of them are absolutely unbeatable?
    I've never encountered a device that couldn't be defeated.

Which ones could be avoidable, disarmed and/or remotely triggered?
    Technically speaking, they can all be avoided. As with the real deal... sometimes you get lucky and then again sometimes you don't. This modification while certainly "workable" in COOP, would most likely be better utilized in a TvT environment. This is purely my own observation. They can all be disarmed so to speak. Whether that is by physically attempting to do so, or by destroying the device/devices in place with a charge.

Will you include some "tools" or measures to manage risks when facing these devices?
    I'm looking into that right now. The majority of the devices will be visible to the naked eye, minus of course the DBIED's which will necessitate the Husky with a RCP to detect it.

@ ray243

A good portion of the explosions in the video were 85mm or below but yes, I am working on the more difficult to spot, smaller devices. That said, you need to understand how IED's work and how the forces that employ them think. Their mentality is; you either go big or you go home as the bigger the device, the more of a chance there is to inflict maximum damage and destruction to both equipment and personnel.

Can we expect devices which require a trigger man to be alive to detonate?

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMT View Post
    Can we expect devices which require a trigger man to be alive to detonate?
    For the RCIEDs and CWIEDs, yes.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Thank you for your quick answer, Sir!

I never meant to ask for any kind of OPSEC violation... I just wanted to know if we shall cut a blue wire or a red one... lol

You know, we do not manage technical stuff... in fact, the closer I've been to these artifacts was at cinema... watching "The Hurt Locker"

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Robster View Post
    Thank you for your quick answer, Sir!

I never meant to ask for any kind of OPSEC violation... I just wanted to know if we shall cut a blue wire or a red one... lol

You know, we do not manage technical stuff... in fact, the closer I've been to these artifacts was at cinema... watching "The Hurt Locker"
    OPSEC wise, I honestly thought you were asking for TTP's. That is a no-no.

I'm looking at trying to add something like the AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector. However, I'm absolute shit at modeling and wouldn't even wanna touch on attempting to animate said object/character if I even got a working representation in-game. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.

As for the Hurl Locker... I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. It's utter nonsense mate, plain and simple.

On that note - Just finished up something I think you guys might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    I'm looking at trying to add something like the AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector. However, I'm absolute shit at modeling and wouldn't even wanna touch on attempting to animate said object/character if I even got a working representation in-game. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/1551378

ACE has an AN/PSS-14, if it helps you at all, it currently detects mines, I haven't tried it on the ingame IEDs.

ACE has an AN/PSS-14, if it helps you at all, it currently detects mines, I haven't tried it on the ingame IEDs.
    Hey can you please tell me how this works. Been annoying me for a while. havent found any info on it.

Sorry for the offtopic.. You can write me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby86 View Post
    Hey can you please tell me how this works. Been annoying me for a while. havent found any info on it.

Sorry for the offtopic.. You can write me a PM
    Might as well help everyone else out too.

First, put a mine on the map, either using the editor, or do it yourself.

Then grab the AN/PSS-14 from the box, and turn it on with the self interaction key.

When the detector part is right over a mine, it will beep. It must be either on or extremely close to the mine.

Last edited by JDMT; Mar 1 2012 at 17:55. Reason: Added a video.

Suspended Member
    Author of the Thread
    Might as well help everyone else out too.

First, put a mine on the map, either using the editor, or do it yourself.

Then grab the AN/PSS-14 from the box, and turn it on with the self interaction key.

When the detector part is right over a mine, it will beep. It must be either on or extremely close to the mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgZhjMKCvys

Thanks for putting that up. I use ACE and didn't even know that was part of it... ahem.

Let the testing begin.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast