Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

Asymmetric Warfare Components

I would not totally focus on ACE2 only. You will lose quite a few of the community that don't use ACE (for a variety of reasons).

Looking good so far.

I believe that you should continue your work, Finish with the ACE compatible version and then work on a non ace version. Just my two cents.

That's awesome. Can't wait to roll up on some of these in an RG-31, and disarm them!

looks like your use of the PSS-14 sparked some intrest in the ace team :D

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository/revisions/675cce84053f33c80431f470b8275174da02e8ff

looks like the sound has changed from that shrill beep to a dull buzz

Edit: also, are you only using ACE/BAF what ever IED models? no chance of maybe something a little more concealed? like the presure plate IEDs and DBIED's use the model/Are marked with patricular rocks/sticks os you can't actually see much unless you really are looking for it.

Edited by Scarecrow398

I don't often post (As may be evident by my join date and low post-count) but i just thought i would jump on and say that i hope this mod comes to completion.

It looks amazing.

I've always wanted to simulate IEDs since they are such a common occurrence on the battlefield these days, but scripting just goes over my head (Granted i haven't read too much into it. But for the time being i know how to change load outs...and next i plan to learn how to put things on roof tops).

That being said your approach looks much more user friendly, and frankly like a lot of fun in game.

Good luck to you. That last video looked amazing by the way. I would love to be in an MP game and be tasked with guarding the IED removal team, radioing back and forth trying to figure out how much time they need, and how long you can hold out.:yay:

looks like your use of the PSS-14 sparked some intrest in the ace team :D

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository/revisions/675cce84053f33c80431f470b8275174da02e8ff

looks like the sound has changed from that shrill beep to a dull buzz

Edit: also, are you only using ACE/BAF what ever IED models? no chance of maybe something a little more concealed? like the presure plate IEDs and DBIED's use the model/Are marked with patricular rocks/sticks os you can't actually see much unless you really are looking for it.

Sorry for the latency, my unit has been in the field.

I'm using the models included in both, yes. That said, I have my own devices that can be concealed by debris and or the environment. The player will have the ability to bury and conceal most of the devices, minus of course the larger ones made up of UXO such as aerial bombs and the IED's composed of large amounts of HME. Furthermore, the player will also be able to conceal the devices by placing environmental and man-made objects over, under, and around them (tires, foliage, etc).

Will there be map placeable IEDs for COOP? Basically treated like mines.

Will there be map placeable IEDs for COOP? Basically treated like mines.

Do you mean by the mission maker? If so then, yes. However, the complexity of the level of concealment will be a little lower than that of a player actually doing it themselves (OPFOR).

Not much of an update... but an update nonetheless.

Great stuff, do you plan to have it as a set of scripts or as a module?

That footage looks great. Now I have an urge to try a little PvP like that when I get time again xD But I like how you can accidentally set off your own IED by walking over it. Is there another possible chance, a slim, that it will detonate -AS- you set it up?

Hi DetCord,

Have there been any recent updates on the mod?

Kind regards,

Martin

Is this still being developed?

FYI, digging up threads is considered spam, if you want an update PM the thread author.

And no, Detcord was suspended for stealing content for a helicopter addon and has also stated on youtube he wasn't working on it anymore.