Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

Asymmetric Warfare Components

Wow that looks great! Maybe the days of making IED's the old fashion way are over hehe

I will start of by saying I have no idea how to make this kinda advanced things.

But does anybody know if it is possible to make some kinda script or something like that, that would connect the ACE mine detector to something like this maybe even with a high pitch tone affiliated with real life mine detectors?

And yes this has also been a part of my normal pattern when deployed so not just random asking.

Apologies for the lack of updates, gents. I've been in the field for Sapper Stakes and have been unable to comment.

First off....

ACE and SLX will not be required. They were activated for the video, something I forgot to disable in the launcher... while SLX certainly added to the ambiance. I don't like the idea of a mod being dependent upon another mod, that has never made sense in my opinion. So no worries on that end. I've been working on and off on it when I can, here and there so to speak. AWC is coming along though rather slowly. As of now, I'm trying to implement the ability to place them in foliage, like the Mujh likes to do in the 'Stan, but I'm running into some difficulty on that end but nothing testing and trial and error can't remedy.

I'll leave the EOD, CIED, and CREW systems (i.e. Duke etc) up to others that wanna tackle the IED defeat aspects. That's a little too much for me. I am shooting for a Christmas release but my military obligations take precedence. I'm hoping to have another vid for you boys as soon as I can, something that will hopefully demonstrate other the other additions.

Cheers!

Bryan

So, any updates since your last post? :D

Working where and when I can is about all I can add. My current military obligations typically suck up a great deal of my time, even more so lately as we spin up for another deployment. I have the TBIED's or Tree Borne IED's in a working fashion, however limited and am more so concerned with how a player would emplace them at present.

Still working on that second video.

Still very interested in this. I think Feint has a script that works for placing bombs (or in your case, TBIEDs) onto items or objects. You might find some useful help if you email or PM him in the "Diving Under Water" thread.

Anyways, hoping all is well, and work continues when and where possible.

this is a new concept, at least i havent seen anything like it, its good, and i would totally dl it if/when it is released. keep up the good work! also, the idea for the exploding tree model seems promising, a good idea.

This is nice. Definitely keep it up, it goes well with the sapper mod too i think. It appears indeed you are a combat engineer :cool: And the big red one as well.

Slowly... very slowly but most assuredly... it is progressing. Thus far, I've been able to implement most, if not all of the ideas I had for the modification. Some aspects still need a lot of work, such as objects being completely destroyed (i.e. trees, vehicles, personnel, etc) so I'm still looking for a solution or workaround for some of these problem areas. That said, here is a new videos featuring the new devices for AWC.

Great work Devildog, looks fantastic.

Any news on if the IED's will be able to be disarmed/safely detonated for a full EOD sim?

I'm sure i know a whole bunch of guys who would love to use these is missions.

Keep up the great work.

This is some amazing work. This, and ExA's RG-31 and Husky will make for some epic route clearance missions!

Looking impressive so far!

As you are an expert and have a lot of experience with these kind of devices...

Would you like to tell us more about how to deal with them?

Which of them are absolutely unbeatable?

Which ones could be avoidable, disarmed and/or remotely triggered?

Will you include some "tools" or measures to manage risks when facing these devices?

I know there are so many questions but you got us all really interested in this new focus on AW

Saludillos!

Will there be more varied types of explosion? Like 105mm, RPG, etc. Because you only shown those big explosions. I understand that its still WIP, but I hope there will be more types of explosion.

Where's the damn 'like' button when you need one?

I'm with Topas on this. Where's the "like" button!? :D

Seriously, this looks great already. Plus with the RG-31 and Husky like JDMT said--there's going to be some epic games ahead of us. (Ok, I need to stop re-watching Bomb PAtrol: Afghanistan. :p )

@ XxEnigmAxX

I'm working on basic disarm scripts, but certainly nothing fancy. I'm not very good at the more complex scripting aspects.

@ Robster

As you are an expert and have a lot of experience with these kind of devices...

Would you like to tell us more about how to deal with them?

Nope. Violates OPSEC.

Which of them are absolutely unbeatable?

I've never encountered a device that couldn't be defeated.

Which ones could be avoidable, disarmed and/or remotely triggered?

Technically speaking, they can all be avoided. As with the real deal... sometimes you get lucky and then again sometimes you don't. This modification while certainly "workable" in COOP, would most likely be better utilized in a TvT environment. This is purely my own observation. They can all be disarmed so to speak. Whether that is by physically attempting to do so, or by destroying the device/devices in place with a charge.

Will you include some "tools" or measures to manage risks when facing these devices?

I'm looking into that right now. The majority of the devices will be visible to the naked eye, minus of course the DBIED's which will necessitate the Husky with a RCP to detect it.

@ ray243

A good portion of the explosions in the video were 85mm or below but yes, I am working on the more difficult to spot, smaller devices. That said, you need to understand how IED's work and how the forces that employ them think. Their mentality is; you either go big or you go home as the bigger the device, the more of a chance there is to inflict maximum damage and destruction to both equipment and personnel.

Can we expect devices which require a trigger man to be alive to detonate?

Can we expect devices which require a trigger man to be alive to detonate?

For the RCIEDs and CWIEDs, yes.

Thank you for your quick answer, Sir!

I never meant to ask for any kind of OPSEC violation... I just wanted to know if we shall cut a blue wire or a red one... lol

You know, we do not manage technical stuff... in fact, the closer I've been to these artifacts was at cinema... watching "The Hurt Locker" :p

Thank you for your quick answer, Sir!

I never meant to ask for any kind of OPSEC violation... I just wanted to know if we shall cut a blue wire or a red one... lol

You know, we do not manage technical stuff... in fact, the closer I've been to these artifacts was at cinema... watching "The Hurt Locker" :p

OPSEC wise, I honestly thought you were asking for TTP's. That is a no-no.

I'm looking at trying to add something like the AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector. However, I'm absolute shit at modeling and wouldn't even wanna touch on attempting to animate said object/character if I even got a working representation in-game. It makes my head hurt thinking about it. ;)

As for the Hurl Locker... I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. It's utter nonsense mate, plain and simple.

On that note - Just finished up something I think you guys might find interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdfPUYnzjP0

I'm looking at trying to add something like the AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector. However, I'm absolute shit at modeling and wouldn't even wanna touch on attempting to animate said object/character if I even got a working representation in-game. It makes my head hurt thinking about it. ;)

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/1551378

ACE has an AN/PSS-14, if it helps you at all, it currently detects mines, I haven't tried it on the ingame IEDs.

ACE has an AN/PSS-14, if it helps you at all, it currently detects mines, I haven't tried it on the ingame IEDs.

Hey can you please tell me how this works. Been annoying me for a while. havent found any info on it.

Sorry for the offtopic.. You can write me a PM :)

Hey can you please tell me how this works. Been annoying me for a while. havent found any info on it.

Sorry for the offtopic.. You can write me a PM :)

Might as well help everyone else out too.

First, put a mine on the map, either using the editor, or do it yourself.

Then grab the AN/PSS-14 from the box, and turn it on with the self interaction key.

When the detector part is right over a mine, it will beep. It must be either on or extremely close to the mine.

Edited by JDMT
Added a video.

Might as well help everyone else out too.

First, put a mine on the map, either using the editor, or do it yourself.

Then grab the AN/PSS-14 from the box, and turn it on with the self interaction key.

When the detector part is right over a mine, it will beep. It must be either on or extremely close to the mine.

Thanks for putting that up. I use ACE and didn't even know that was part of it... ahem.

Let the testing begin.