Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Multiplayer Server

Author of the Thread

Multiplayer Missions

Anyone got any new missions for multiplayer yet that i could use for my server kinda bored only having 3 and not got a clue how to make more atm .
    Andy
    Breakaway UK Server

The only one made so far is this one. BeePee is currently converting his Cowboy mission though and when it's done it should be good!
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    The only one made so far is this one. BeePee is currently converting his Cowboy mission though and when it's done it should be good!
    Only problem i dont have arma to get the addons i need

You can use the cows from Arma2 Free for BeePee's mission. It will probably take a while for missions to start comming through.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    You can use the cows from Arma2 Free for BeePee's mission. It will probably take a while for missions to start comming through.
    Ahh ok got arma 2 free so thats ok. do you just add all the files to addon folder in toh ?
    Last edited by Andy1010uk; Dec 3 2011 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1010uk View Post
    Ahh ok got arma 2 free so thats ok. do you just add all the files to addon folder in toh ?
    No, the only one you need is animals.pbo. You can either drop this into the addons folder in ToH or create a new folder structure in your ToH directory;

Code:
    @animals\addons
    and drop animals.pbo into there.

You then launch ToH with a switch;

Code:

-mod=@animals

Quote Originally Posted by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy- View Post
    I dont think hacks are a problem with this game, that caution is unnecessary.
    That caution would most certainly be necessary, even with this game. The scripting language and functions are the same, so I don't think it'd be difficult to port over OA hacks.

If you're going to have your config in the main game folder, at least name it something unique (e.g. "4j98fw5sfe.cfg").

I am quite aware of how similar the game is to the Arma series, my point was that cheating is unlikely. Lets allow him to get the config working before complicating the process further.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    That caution would most certainly be necessary, even with this game. The scripting language and functions are the same, so I don't think it'd be difficult to port over OA hacks.

If you're going to have your config in the main game folder, at least name it something unique (e.g. "4j98fw5sfe.cfg").
    Quote Originally Posted by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy- View Post
    I am quite aware of how similar the game is to the Arma series, my point was that cheating is unlikely. Lets allow him to get the config working before complicating the process further.
    Both fair points. At this stage of the game it was enough to get his server working. Unfortunately it is inevitable that the script kiddies will hit ToH at some point in the future so a similar level of protection will be needed eventually.

For the moment we can basque in the unusual atmosphere of a hack-free zone!

Author of the Thread
    server cfg file seems to be working ok but still shows up as Andy-pc for some reason, player numbers working when changing cfg. etc etc seem ok, just name of the server not right. very odd. I can move the cfg file if we start running into problems with hackers at a later date. Again thanks to everyone for your help and hope to fly with you peps on my server soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234