This addon provides M134, M240 door guns and the Remote Guardian Interim Defense Weapon System (IDWS).
This version is Multiplayer compatible - all previous MP issues are now fixed.
The manned MV22 Door Gunner versions for USMC, US, and BAF are found under Air > MV22-Door Guns (also under Empty > Air).
The IDWS is a belly-mounted M134 gun system purpose-built for the MV22. The IDWS is similar to a CROWS remote weapon system. The manned MV22-IDWS versions for USMC, US, and BAF are also found under Air > MV22-IDWS (also under Empty > Air).
NEW in version 2.0:
- MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE! All MP issues were corrected. No more duplicate guns in gunner view or when vehicle respawns.
- Gunner Get In/Get Out actions completely redone. You must be inside the vehicle for the Move to / exit from gunner position action to appear! No more trying to climb into the gun from outside the vehicle!
- The rear and door guns are added via a scripted "AttachTo" command at vehicle INIT. No additional work is required. No script or editing is required. Simply drop the vehicle into the editor or via MP spawn scripts.
- You must be in the MV22 cargo position to move into the gunner positions.
- Move from cargo/to guns and to cargo/from guns is now working.
- You can eject from Gunner positions.
- The door guns in this addon use new magazines that place tracers every round. The original BIS magazines are also fully supported.
- This addon could be adapted for use with any vehicle that has a ramp or as an alternative version for any "technical" vehicle. MLODs will be available soon after this version is released.
- The mission profile of these protected MV22s is significant. Protected vehicle towing/insertion is a real option. Protected fastrope insertions is now a possibility with these armed MV22 versions. Therefore a good fastrope addon is strongly recommended to get the most out of this addon. Mission makers should consider something like Norrin's fastrope addon:
Well, he already presented his method. Nothing unusual.
I saw that and I require more information than that. Thank you, Professor.
edit: If his explanation was completely implausible this topic would be locked and he would be post restricted by now. However, the moderating team requires more information and I have been asked to investigate.
Just to clear the air, I am in no way de-compiling or reverse engineering anything. I am using the AttachTo command to "mount" brand-new M134 static "tripod" guns on the MV22. Nothing more. Just like my Camo Nets addon attaches nets to the aircraft.
The new M134 static guns are simply modified from the BIS Sample Models. Just like I did with the M134 version of my BRDM2 Improvements addon... in fact I took the M134 BRDM2IMP model and cut/pasted the turret weapon into a new P3D and used that as my basic rear door gun. The side gun is a modified version of that, with a slightly different mounting bracket.
I scripted the AttachTo commands, so the vehicle must be edited to include the ability to "Mount Door Guns" and "Dismount Door Guns".
I hope this helps dispel any misconceptions about the addon. At its heart it is the same as "AttachingTo" an M2 tripod on the back ramp, but heavily modified.
Edit to add - here's what the "static MG" models look like (300k pics):
---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------
Also wanted to show off the "Remote Guardian" system - basically a CROWS belly-mounted M134. You can search online for "Remote Guardian System" to find more info. Here's a link to a pic of the real thing for comparison: