Sign in to follow this  
ADuke

Partially transparent texture issue

I can't believe this,

I have been working on this bug in my helicopter's cockpit for 6 hours now.

The bug occurs when looking at one of the MFDs from a cargo position, the cargo positions use the Pilot LOD.

When sitting in the pilot's seat, the MFD looks fine, it's just when you sit in the cargo position that this occurs, here's a pic...

omfgpy.jpg

Can anyone help?

-AD

Looks to me like it could be two faces sitting directly on top of each other.

Abs

Looks to me like it could be two faces sitting directly on top of each other.

Abs

Ya, it is, it's an MFD so you have 1 face that disappears when the helo turns on. There are other MFDs in this same helo that do the same thing but work fine, only thing I can think is the face below uses an Alpha channeled texture, but so do most MFDs

Getting frustrated. :mad:

-AD

Try moving the face that disappears ever so slightly forward so that they don't sit directly on top of each other, but only in the cargo lod, and see if that fixes it.

Abs

Try moving the face that disappears ever so slightly forward so that they don't sit directly on top of each other, but only in the cargo lod, and see if that fixes it.

Abs

Ya, I have moved it all over the place for the last six hours with the same effect. Also tried different RVMATs, and then NO RVMATs all with the same result.

Going to try something here, the texture underneath has a _ca suffix so going to try to save it as a _co

EDIT: Well, now that I did that the texture that is supposed to have an alpha channel does not.

BTW, thanks for your replies, just getting frustrated is all.

EDIT 2: So, I changed the texture with the alpha channel back to a _ca suffix and sorted the faces on my Pilot LOD and now it is fixed.

All I had to do was sort the faces.

Where's my screaming face emoticon?

Anyway, hope this helps anyone who ever has a similar problem and they don't have to waste all that time like I did.

-AD

Edited by ADuke

Your reports of problems and their and solutions are quite appreciated!

Oh good, thanks for all the help.

I do seem to be encountering a lot of them recently.

-AD