Sign in to follow this  
Assassin_Actual

HELP! I am majorly stuck on Arma 2 Campaign

I am completely new to Arma 2 and as warned in all guides it is nothing like other fps games I have played (in a good way).

Unfortunately I seem to have hit a dead end while playing the Red Harvest campaign: I have completed all missions bar finding the main insurgent base and also the insurgent leader. I have got to a part on the map near "Oreshka" right at the South of the map and despite approaching the issue from every angle I am either getting shot from someone who I cannot see (despite scanning the whole area before moving forward) or if in a vehicle or heli of any type getting blown up. I have noticed when looking at the map this is outside of the AO and wondered is this the fact that I simply suck at the game or do you die if you venture too far outside of the AO (kind of like what happens on battlefield 2 if you venture too far out of the maps gaming area)?

Please help me as I have spent hours at this part so far and am getting nowhere.

Thanks

Ive heard about problems like this before if you venture too far out of the AO then you get shot like in Battlefield. That could be the problem or youre just not finding the guy shooting you.

** Moved to the official missions section.

Yes, as posted above I too heard of this a few times before. You do seem to get shot if you wander of too far.

Maybe turn around and try a different area to search for your objective?

I have completed all missions bar finding the main insurgent base and also the insurgent leader. I have got to a part on the map near "Oreshka" right at the South of the map.

Yes everyone answering before me are right. That happens by script and you should not just go there.

Looks like you are talking about Harvest Red campaing Manhattan mission and using word missions when talking about objectives/tasks.

In Manhattan south and extreme northeast is limited by "automatic killzone" to keep you from not going there. But you can go exceptionally far away to east and northwest especially if you are looking for Smugglers that is where they sometimes drive all they way to northwest of Vybor airport.

Some men in Novy Sobor will give a hint where enemy main camp and insurgent leader is. There are 2 variable places where it can be. Click spoiler if you want to know:

Main base is located at GPS COORDS 100021 or 088048

To complete manhattan you can use my own Walkthrough-page which is a little bit non-updated mess, but it will give you a lot of detail just search word "Manhattan" on this page.

Edited by Hanzu