Sign in to follow this  
batto

Video games industry

Spending nearly the price of a new game just for a bunch of weapon skins?! HAhaha..wow..that..I just..wow..just...wow.

The railworks one was interesting..you could either buy all of that for the price of VBS2, quaint.

One of the latest is a mission segment in Human Revolution..I remember when DLC was in theory supposed to be a digital replacement to expansion packs, expanding the life of the game (like expansions did) not stuff you cut from the game and some silly bullshit reskins.

Edited by NodUnit

"It'd be cheaper to just go travel on the real trains."

That bit cracked me up.

I think my grandfather had that much money tied up in a massive model train set. I can see the appeal.

You buy a game for money, and if you like it you buy more game for more money. Unfortunately the only word in that sentence companies heard was "money" several times and then a bunch of cash register sound effects.

And this is the Problem

And if only mainstream devs/publishers were doing stupid shit like that.

It's really a massive facepalm about how SimBin and Slightly Mad Studios ('will' in case of SMS and their upcoming CARS) milk the community and you'd think hardcore sim developers would at least show some courtesy

Sorry, but the only reason DLC etc has ever been successful is because people buy it.

Everyone complains but the fact that it is still being produced is proof that people are still paying for it.

If the gaming community in general wants it to stop, they need to stop paying for it. Petitions, forums posts etc will never stop these greedy c*cksuckers. The one thing that will stop them, is denying them their revenue streams.

Edited by BangTail

Bang on the money, BangTail. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Abs

Blackshark 2 and Flaming Cliffs 2&3 come to mind...letting people pay for minor updates and new bugs.

Well many people are just a little bit lazy and like the charts/bestsellers/blockbusters/trends & hype etc. Its so much easier to believe in promises + advertisements aka trailers/teasers + self-adulation of publishers/devs. ;)

IMO main factor is:

Son: Mom, buy me teh 4000$ PC with AR...

Mom: 4000$? Nope! :936: :nono:

Son: Mom buy me teh 200$ Xbox with Avatar the Game, Gears of...

Mom: Oh. Avatar is a game? Of course my sweetheart.

IMO main factor is:

I dunno what happened with: mom, would you help/agree with me getting a summer job, i want to buy myself a PC...

Instant gratification FTW

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but the only reason DLC etc has ever been successful is because people buy it.

Everyone complains but the fact that it is still being produced is proof that people are still paying for it.

If the gaming community in general wants it to stop, they need to stop paying for it. Petitions, forums posts etc will never stop these greedy c*cksuckers. The one thing that will stop them, is denying them their revenue streams.

Thats why I havent bought any of the last 3 CoDs, but sadly there are enough people out there that still will regardless (I'm reminded of the Steam "Boycott MW2" groups, that had 40,000+ members, 80% of which were "Currently playing: CoD MW2" on the day of release. People talk big, but rarely act on it)

People can think a hollywood style scripting for a game can be done when he/she is using a toilet. Yet, people have to take several weeks or even months of research (A lot of money as well) to finish the scripting for putting realistic simulation into a game.

IMO main factor is:

1: 4000?? I don't know where you by your PC's man.

2: This is the reason consoles should only have kids games on them.

1: 4000?? I don't know where you by your PC's man.

I heard that if you'll take a mediocre hardware and draw a shiny apple cultist symbol on it the price tag suddenly goes from 3 digits to 4. Must be some dark magic.

I heard that if you'll take a mediocre hardware and draw a shiny apple cultist symbol on it the price tag suddenly goes from 3 digits to 4. Must be some dark magic.

Now now. I refuse to believe you're a stranger to fanboyism :)

Who wants to game on an Apple...?

"If you actually press the green button it sends a natural selection squad to your house."

ROFL

Laughing my ass off even more as I read throught his. :D

Edited by ziiip

4000??

I feel a Dragonball Z reference coming up.

"What does it say about that apple thingy?"

"It's over four THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!"

;)