making island, depbo/extractpbo not working
Im getting set up to make an island but when i was doing the tutorial - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...rrain_Tutorial - it gets to a point where depbo/extractpbo wont work to extract the plants.pbo
Extract BI addons to P:
# 1: Go to P:\CA\ and create a new folder called plants2.
# 2: Browse to your ArmA2 main directory/Addons folder and unpack the plants2_bush, plants2_clutter, plants2_misc, plants2_tree .pbo's
* How to Extract Pbo files?
* Download the latest Versions of ExtractPbo and DePbo by Mikero at DevHeaven
* Extract them right into our Tutorial partition O:\ComTools\ExtractPbo.....(xp home users extract tools to a manual folder called Com Tools in the P partition.)
* Move the DePbo.dll from the downloaded DePbo into the ..Windows\System32 folder (as explained in the readme.DePbo.txt)
* Rightclick on a *.pbo and choose Open with, then point to the ExtractPbo\ExtractPbo.exe and mark the checkbox to always open this filetype with ExtractPbo.exe.
* Now each time you unpack a *.pbo by doubleclick you'll receive a clean unpacked file with *.p3ds, config.cpp and all other stuff from the pbo.
* There are of course much further ways to extract pbos and unrap config.bin's but this is a very conformable one.
So i did all that but when I right click a pbo and open with extractpbo it says "the application has failed to start because DePbo.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix it."
I tried re-installing it and i get the same problem. If anyone has any info i would greatly appreciate it, Im having a hard time getting rolling here.
if you're using a 64bit version of windows, put the dll in windows\wow64 NOT system32. I will update the readme accordingly.
ok thanks i'll try that.
I ended up downloading eliteness and it worked for de-pbo'ing things, but at a certain point the tutorial says
once you have everything in your P:/Ca drive it should look like this
but mine actually doesnt have those files, its missing roads2 and config.cpp. Mine has
buildings2, Data, plants2, Roads, and 2 text documents named $PBOPREFIX$, and config.bin
is this because im on steam? Im not sure if i should just proceed following the tutorial or stop since i have different files than it speaks of..
Any help would be great man!
"Roads2" is an important folder - it contains special mlod road sections for use with the Visitor road tool... It's installed along with Visitor when you install the BIS Tools package... If it's missing you should reinstall the latest tools package to get it back.
You also have to be careful not to overwrite those special mlod-format models when you unpack the rest of the game into your P:\CA\folders...
Actually - the initial setup instructions in Sgt Ace's tutorial are now a little out of date... the tutorial itself is still by far the best all-round beginners tutorial, but nowadays we have a Mikero tool which will do all that tedious game pbo unpacking for you completely automatically...
Take a look at the beginners install section of this guide... it talks you thru the tools install, unpacking the game and getting Visitor ready, then points you back to Sgt Ace's tutorial just after his out-of-date bit, so you'll still be doing the same tutorial...
hey guys do you know how to use ExtractPbo? because I really don't get where I have to put "-thing" or "-r" etc
You need to run it from command line or with a batch file.
If you are not familiar with that, you could try Eliteness instead.
after I installed mikero tools, I can not open individually a file.pbo and
I can not include the extractpbo, exe in the list of "open with"...
(sry bad english)