Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

UH60 Knowledge sharing

Warning this is not a playable addon at this stage unless you know how to build it back up and have Arma1 for textures

In past years i would have soldiered on for many months gathering infos from here there and everywhere until i can finally release some project.

Today i decide to do it differently , here is my knowledge so far wrapped in a 7z, i hope people who have EXPERIENCE can have some time with it and feedback here what they have found and we can all share together our knowledge of creating high quality usermade helicopters for this new game .

what i have learned so far is :

1 it seems each blade is now separate

2 each blade has new animations and these are animated using new engine based sources such as collective and torque with a resulting bend in the blade (see model.cfg)

3 you need the correct axis in the correct position not only for levers but also for the pilot arm movement to work

4 Pip requires a face preforbaly vertical as possible with selection name rendertarget1

this is then texture applied #(argb,256,256,1)r2t(rendertarget1,1.0) and config entry

class RenderTargets

{

class rendertarget1

{

renderTarget = "rendertarget1";

class CameraView

{

pointPosition = "rtd1_pos";

pointDirection = "rtd1_dir";

renderQuality = 0;

renderVisionMode = 0;

fov = 0.7;

};

};

};

for more targets simply change the section names rendertarget1, rendertarget2 , rendertarget3 etc

place a memory point near the screen for good use of this command , i havent had chance to proper see it but i believe you can use this command to attach a screen to the memory point http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_PIP

5 memory points can be added for ropes to be more precisely attached too such as Slingload0,1,2 etc as used in :

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ropeCreate

IN the 7.z :

Contents

========

uh60\UH60_mala_vrtule_blur_proxy.p3d

uh60\UH60_velka_vrtule_blur_proxy.p3d

uh60\uh_60.p3d

uh60\TOHuh_60.p3d (modified by Thromp using information from BIS wiki and Text editor reading of p3d)

uh60\sound\heavy_full_engine3.wss ( named the same this is a file derived from a recording of a larger helo to add some base to the blades )

In essence i have successfully got the old arma1 mlod in as a base and then used the old ways of text editor to read the p3d for clues on new things and tried to apply them , this is evident in the model.cfg and the TOHuh60.p3d (change back to uh60p3d for in game use and rename the other ).

there were no errors with the basic uh60 last time i tried it but theres a lot needs tweaking and adding .

If you are the kind of person who has decided to download this to further this thread with your own knowledge and findings then welcome on board have fun.

the file (no textures you will require A1 disk however i have took a screen shot of the re reuired textures and left the modified rvmats in)

Link is at the bottom of the read me

By downloading this 7zip and extracting you agree to abide by the following :

ArmA - Sample Models

====================

Copyright © 2008 Bohemia Interactive a.s. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictely prohibited.

For more information about ArmA addons modelling visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modelling

This archive contains sample models, configs and model configs to be used in BI Editing Tools to create custom models for ArmA.

To distribute or modify or use the ArmA Sample Models in any way, you must agree to the following license:

THE LICENSE

============

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

2) You acknowledge and agree that you will not commercially exploit any game content you may created using the models without Bohemia Interactive prior written permission.

3) Bohemia Interactive doesn't give you permission to exploit ArmA Sample Models in any other way, especially not to convert them for use in any other game or engine than ArmA or its sequels and expansion.

4) If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.

Contents

========

uh60\UH60_mala_vrtule_blur_proxy.p3d

uh60\UH60_velka_vrtule_blur_proxy.p3d

uh60\uh_60.p3d

uh60\TOHuh_60.p3d (modified by Thromp using information from BIS wiki and Text editor reading of p3d)

uh60\sound\heavy_full_engine3.wss ( named the same this is a file derived from a recording of a larger helo to add some base to the blades )

rvmats \data

rvmts data \maerialy (modified pathed to suite)

http://www.mediafire.com/?pl85utilf4wcxb4

qUJDCNRaDSI

Edited by Thromp

Can anyone start this back up? Arma 2 has blackhawks you would have thought they would be in this game... I have experience working with real UH60s if anyone would like to work this I could help answer some questions maybe.

Just to point out that thanks to the Rearmed patch all helicopters, including the ones who are mods can be inserted in TOH.

The flight dynamics are the difficult ones to handle and sadly nobody seems to have any experience in making them.

I also add, it might be worth waiting till the TOH FM comes out with the Helicopters DLC for Arma3, might have some better possibilities especially regarding MP.