Sign in to follow this  
IvanDrago

Dedicated Server RPG

HI....

A few days ago, I'm trying to mount an RPG server for Armed Assault 2 Free, but not e CONSEG the script to mount it, please someone save me how to get it could Paser.

I would greatly appreciate - Greetings

PD: If this is not the correct section to post this, sorry do not know much Forums

There must be some translation error here because I have no clue what you are trying to say in this post lol

If I understand correctly, he is asking for the server side addons required to run one of those "Life" RP servers. I believe this forum is the wrong place to ask that. Those mods have their own forums.

If I understand correctly, he is asking for the server side addons required to run one of those "Life" RP servers. I believe this forum is the wrong place to ask that. Those mods have their own forums.

Technically, most of them aren't mods but rather just missions. The problem is there are certain people in the ArmA RP community that take things that others have worked hard on, and try to claim it's their own.

OP, I don't think I have the Chernarus Life files anymore (but I'll take a look). Either way, you should be able to join any Chernarus Life server and the PBO will be downloaded. I'm not exactly sure where the PBO will be for A2F, but it should be something like this:

C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Server-side files will be another concern. This is another thing that I used to have, but I don't think I do anymore (we stopped running CL a long time ago). Without it, some functionality like bank robbing won't work. You may be able to obtain them by joining another CL server and running Wireshark. I'll also look/ask around and see if any of our guys still have them (and if I find them I'll post them here in this thread).

If you can't find the server-side files anywhere, I can send you our Zargabad Life PBO which has those server-side files included. However, they are not the exact same and some scripting will be required to make them work.

On another note, this "proprietary server-side files" bullshit with the life missions needs to stop. I'd love to see BI disable loadFile file downloads and instead require the file to be present in the PBO. This has been a security issue in the past anyways.

I suggest you should try to get one of the older Zargabad Life Mission. This is a version of the original script without serverfiles so it should run on your server.

Server Files for other/newer missions are hard to get.

@eddieck

I know that a lot of people in this forum dislike the idea of protecting a mission with serversided scripts, but in my eyes its the right of the scripter/modder to protect his work against people who want to scamp in their work. (Just for example the development of NL/SL/SLU/CLU started more then 5 years ago. Thats a long time and a lot of work people spend in this mission.)

Disableing the loadFile will be no way to avoid serversided functions the Clipboard Functions, mulit Folder Structures, using of linux platfroms and auto encryption programms have added a lot more abilitys for scripter to protect their work in the last 1-2 years.

So or so in the moment when BIS tries to force scripters to publish any of their serversided scripts i will just take my scripts and say goodbye to the Arma Series, but thats only my opinion.

I suggest you should try to get one of the older Zargabad Life Mission. This is a version of the original script without serverfiles so it should run on your server.

The ZL mission we run is based off one of the recent versions and includes the server-side files. Also, the OP is talking about A2F.

I know that a lot of people in this forum dislike the idea of protecting a mission with serversided scripts, but in my eyes its the right of the scripter/modder to protect his work against people who want to scamp in their work. (Just for example the development of NL/SL/SLU/CLU started more then 5 years ago. Thats a long time and a lot of work people spend in this mission.)

So if someone likes your work (and in this case, it's not even all your work) enough that they want to run it themselves, and credit you, that's a problem?

I was not talking about your mission in know that there were Zargabad missions without any serverfiles. If you know how to script then the rest is copy and paste.

I am not sure but i think that the HGs Revo mission is the only RPG in A2F and i can promise you that the files for this mission wont be published.

Problem is they will not credit me. If you dont believe it ask the ServerOperator of all this X-Life Mission who Issetea or better who Fewo is/was. They are using their work but have no clue, who wrote it.

Why very simply: Group 1 take the mission chnages 0.5 - 1% of the script and change the credits (this group will give the right credits). Then group 2 take this mission and will change 1% of the scripts again. (Of course they will change the credits too and now you could be happy if you are still in the credits. Sorry to destroy your dream but thats how it works.)

Here you go. (This is the Chernarus Life server-side file "test.sqf".)

[b][color=red]removed[/b][/color]

Edited by Foxhound

I didnt thought that i would the see the 2nd generation of my serversided scripts in this Forum.

If this would be ********* i would understand this, but we are in the officcial Arma Forum here.

So can i ask you how you got this version of the scripts and if you didnt use a hacking who gave it to?

Since the Server is located in Germany this is the right link: http://wirtschaftslexikon.gabler.de/Definition/ausspaehen-von-daten.html?referenceKeywordName=Datendiebstahl

Everyfeel free to tranlate it for yourself.

I request that this code is removed here ASAP!!

So can i ask you how you got this version of the scripts and if you didnt use a hacking who gave it to?

It was provided to us by an individual I'm not going to name. I can't say for sure how they obtained it but my guess would be by using a packet sniffer.

I request that this code is removed here ASAP!!

It appears your request has been granted.

Edited by Max Power

What thats a Joke? The Code get removed by moderators and you are still offering to publish it. Can i remind you to the point that this code has been stolen direct from our servers.

What is this here a kindergarden?

(Others can feel free to PM me for the script.)

eddieck

The unauthorized distribution of materials owned by other parties is not permitted on this forum in any form.

Publishing the content of others, including code snippets, without permission, is punishable by a permanent ban. Given that we wish to foster creativity and innovation in the community, we take these matters very seriously.

DO NOT continue to distribute this material, or it will be the last thing that you do on these forums. Anyone who trades in such suspiciously obtained information may well be permanently banned, and anyone offered such information should contact their nearest moderator immediately.

User permanently suspended pending an explanation of his actions.

§20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Edited by Max Power

So Tee time, you're saying that no one gives you credit, I say that if you had released server sided files with your name on them this wouldn't even be a problem. No, it's not your name you worry about, its sever donation. Be honest. You think there will be profit here, there wont. Does any one wonder who created Benny CTI? Nope. You also said that if you cant protect your scripts you will leave Arma, I say that if Arma backs you on this I will leave Arma. OFP, OFP resitence and Arma 1 and 2 are not great games out of the box, I buy them because of the talented user community.

Because of various measures you and you freinds have taken server crashing has become all the rage, I am not accusing you directly, but c'mon- you know what Im talking about huh?

So how many scripts were altered by that 5% and recredited came from OFP life missions like Nogova crimes, coppers and the others? I know better. I have read the scripts. I dont know who we think were trying to fool here, but it aint me.

Funny, this wasn't ever a problem until life missions actually got popular in Arma 2 and donations from lifer clans started rolling in. Why the break with tradition. Traditionally (10+ years) This was a very freindly enviorment for the novice programmer to learn from others work, now it threatens BIs very existance. Now BI may think Im getting ahead of myself, but if they were to pay attention to server popultion, they would see a massive drop off because of all the griefing and crashing not because of game age. Some of this is due to fights over who can and can't host missions. If the server health of Arma 3 is going to be anything like Arma 2, Im already out. I will save myself the greif.

So here is the low down. The more you try to protect (your) scripting, the more people will attempt to get their hands on it. Your attitude is the the wrong one for this community.

If I've said it once I will probably have to repeat myself. A quick study of available mission and user created mods reveal thousands of outstanding works, that these Frankenstien rip off missions can't even begin to compare to, and if you examine life missions in the past you will see clearly the hypocracy that is your claim. NO ONE ELSE ACTS LIKE YOU GUYS ABOUT THIS!!

So if the only place you can control what code is posted is here, why even try? If BI cant control anything outside this forum, then why did you ban Eddie when I have collected hundreds of other code examples on this forum?

Can Tee Time even prove that's his script? Who did he pay, and why should you care?

There are lots of game engines and modleing tools out there, If you want to protect your work, then work in a place where YOU have the right to copywrite and protect work. That's why video game companies sell software with USER LICENCE agreement. This provides legal remedy against backward engineering. There is no such animal here, so BIs reaction to Eddie is unfair, and to Tee Time weak pacification.

Arma is a very niche game, and I have always respected CM and BI for keeping it user tweakable. If thats a problem, there are many other very good games out there without the greif load you jerks are causing.

In the event that BI takes measures to protect you, users will just take measures to defeat it, that will create more greifing, more hacking and less fun.

You're fighting a losing battle and looking terrible doing it.

Please keep it open, if you do, the 5% who pay attention will honor you and protect your name, if you hide it though, how will we ever know who wrote what?

With this precedent set, I could pour through BI forums and claim all kinds of snippet without name, and have them removed, right? Wrong. So why here? why now.

Im getting sicker of this by the day.

Soon I will be releasing a life mission of sorts. I will only be writting a hand full of the scripts. All the others I will modify and copy. I will leave what credits I can find, but if you think that someone like you can come and greif me claiming a function without a name, I will laugh in your face. I for one don't care where I find functions, my only concern is if they work. If i am ever caught changing names, It will show and I will be a tool. Thats the only recourse you have so drop it.

My 0.02$ American.

To bad that i cant find a karma button. I would give you +1 karma for the length of your post.

Send me a PM when you managed it to write a working script with the same length. Maybe then you will release that people have the right to decide what should happen to their work and that this contains the right to claim scripts private.

And so long i prefer to pay my bills in € so keep your 2 Cents.

btw banana: :yay:

I believe the reason why everyone is pooping themselves here over encrypted files is that people are used to taking the work of others to learn from it. Not to steal. This is how it always was.

And I bet everyone had a look at some point at someone else's work to see how stuff was done. I know for sure that I did it this way and that any other modder in this forum did so, too. Be it from missions, script packs or simply the wiki.

The fact that .sqs and .sqf was always plain text and thus openly readable is the very garden Eden that everyone in this community still nourishes from.

Don't forget that back in ye olden days, 2001, when the only official means of learning to script was by using the comref BIS provided or by ripping apart the campaigns and missions that came with the game to see how they, the developers at that time, made a script work.

And now someone comes along and wants to put an end to this circle. That's why people are - understandably - upset.

Edited by Mondkalb
Fixing typo.

And now someone comes along and wants to put an end to this circle. That's why people are - understandably - upset.

And soon you have to pay a fee, to use server side scripts on your own server or you have to get a server-membership with costs, to play on a certain server.

(e.g. compare ArmAcommunity with communities like FSX or minecraft)

Edited by NeoArmageddon

@Mondkalb

WoW....When did BIS hired you? Glückwunsch und alles Gute !!!! Good luck

@Mondkalb: Glückwunsch. Ich hoffe mal dein neuer Status wirkt sich positiv auf die Gebäude in Arma 3 aus. :D

@Topic: I dont car if people are upset or not. The Point of the whole discussion about encrypting and serversided scripts is (and thats something most people here seem not to see/ to understand) that EVERYONE has to accept and respect some rules, rights and opinions.

The only reason why we have this discussion here is that some people gave a shit on the opinions and rights of some scripters.

Same for eddieck he got punished ,because he broke the forum Rules.

Dont believe that i am happy about the point that i am forced to protect my work, but i am just sick! Sick of all this idiots who think that it would be mutch better to transform the RPG mission into a GTA Deathmatch Map, sick of all this kiddies who think that changing a few names and a few Arrays give them the right to call themself a Developer and to change the whole credits, sick of all this Idiots you can find in the ********* Forum who are using every unencoded script to create a new cheating functions to destroy the Balance ,the Gameplay and the fun of all other Player on the server!

This guys and their behavior are the real problem of Arma and not some encoded scripts!

Guarantee me that i wont see a RPG mission with a new name and new credits where 90% of the scripts are just a copy of our mission and i will remove all encoding and all serversided files!

And whats the problem in seeing a RPG mission based on your code? Id be happy to see people having fun through the work ive done!

And whats the problem in seeing a RPG mission based on your code? Id be happy to see people having fun through the work ive done!

Most, if not all, of it isn't even his code. (I'm saying "most" because I don't know if he contributed a script or two at one point.) That's the funny thing.

The CLR we know of is based on Issetea's version of Chernarus Life (or Sahrani Life), CLR was created long before Teetime came in charge of CL development. I believe what Teetime is worrying about is that his current version of CL, which he invested a lot of time in, may see the same fate - renamed and changed in a disrespectfull to initial creators way.

Edited by mir00

1st, I don't play RPG's...but I ponder back on MFCTI, look where it is today.

If Mr Mike Melvin can share, I would think any one would. Look where it got him..aka ARMA Credits!

1st, I don't play RPG's...but I ponder back on MFCTI, look where it is today.

If Mr Mike Melvin can share, I would think any one would. Look where it got him..aka ARMA Credits!

Please dont mixe up two different kinds of shoes. I dont know how much you know about scripting, but after your post i became interrested and took a look into the MFCTI mission. I havnt played it but out of the code i can tell you that you tried to compare not only to different kinds of missions you addional tried to compare two total different kinds of code quality. I have no idea if a "goto" was the only way to execute somethig in OFP, but normaly this command is a no go, because it mads the code easy accesable for mistakes and hard to understand and to check for others. Just to mention it i am not saying that the mission is/was bad i am only talking about the quality of the code!

Even if i only compare the size of the sqs/sqf files can tell you that our current mission has 3-4 times the size of the MFCTI. The Mission i am talking about has more then 30.000 - 40.000 lines of code and more then 6000 variables (private Variables not included!).

So on the whole the MFCTI isnt really an argument for me to change my mind.

Edited by TeeTime

Just to mention it i am not saying that the mission is/was bad i am only talking about the quality of the code!

That's funny, because I wouldn't call the current life mission scripts the highest quality code either. Look at the file structure for one - there are 200+ scripts in one folder.

Your response will probably be to "write your own life mission from scratch," and that is my plan. And when it is finished, it will be completely open and made available to everyone to run on their own server without code obfuscation or server-hosted scripts.

Even if i only compare the size of the sqs/sqf files can tell you that our current mission has 3-4 times the size of the MFCTI. The Mission i am talking about has more then 30.000 - 40.000 lines of code and more then 6000 variables (private Variables not included!).

Look at other popular missions like Warfare BE, Domination, MSO, etc. Those missions are probably just as complex, if not more so.

The "chain of developers" of the life missions is so complex simply because of the efforts of you, and some others like you, to obfuscate the code and hide certain functions through the use of server-side loadFile. If the life missions were made available in the same fashion as the missions I mentioned, there wouldn't be a question of who actually developed them. (Does anyone here wonder who created Warfare BE, Domination, MSO, Insurgency, Patrol Ops, or pretty much any other popular mission or mod? No.)

I was not in any way comparing apples vs oranges.

It doesn't matter (to me) if it's a 1kb or 100gb file of "scripting".

My point was that he created the concept of CTI for this game and earned the credit that has been given to him from BI.

If you wish to keep yours private, that is your choice.