Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Dedicated Server RPG

Unhappy Dedicated Server RPG

HI....
    A few days ago, I'm trying to mount an RPG server for Armed Assault 2 Free, but not e CONSEG the script to mount it, please someone save me how to get it could Paser.
    I would greatly appreciate - Greetings

PD: If this is not the correct section to post this, sorry do not know much Forums

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    There must be some translation error here because I have no clue what you are trying to say in this post lol

Missions/Gamemodes
    Mods/Addons
    PC - i5 3570K | EVGA GTX 780 ACX | 16GB DDR3

If I understand correctly, he is asking for the server side addons required to run one of those "Life" RP servers. I believe this forum is the wrong place to ask that. Those mods have their own forums.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

LQuest / MercenaryS / Planetside 2

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogX View Post
    If I understand correctly, he is asking for the server side addons required to run one of those "Life" RP servers. I believe this forum is the wrong place to ask that. Those mods have their own forums.
    Technically, most of them aren't mods but rather just missions. The problem is there are certain people in the ArmA RP community that take things that others have worked hard on, and try to claim it's their own.

OP, I don't think I have the Chernarus Life files anymore (but I'll take a look). Either way, you should be able to join any Chernarus Life server and the PBO will be downloaded. I'm not exactly sure where the PBO will be for A2F, but it should be something like this:

C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Server-side files will be another concern. This is another thing that I used to have, but I don't think I do anymore (we stopped running CL a long time ago). Without it, some functionality like bank robbing won't work. You may be able to obtain them by joining another CL server and running Wireshark. I'll also look/ask around and see if any of our guys still have them (and if I find them I'll post them here in this thread).

If you can't find the server-side files anywhere, I can send you our Zargabad Life PBO which has those server-side files included. However, they are not the exact same and some scripting will be required to make them work.

On another note, this "proprietary server-side files" bullshit with the life missions needs to stop. I'd love to see BI disable loadFile file downloads and instead require the file to be present in the PBO. This has been a security issue in the past anyways.

I suggest you should try to get one of the older Zargabad Life Mission. This is a version of the original script without serverfiles so it should run on your server.

Server Files for other/newer missions are hard to get.

@eddieck

I know that a lot of people in this forum dislike the idea of protecting a mission with serversided scripts, but in my eyes its the right of the scripter/modder to protect his work against people who want to scamp in their work. (Just for example the development of NL/SL/SLU/CLU started more then 5 years ago. Thats a long time and a lot of work people spend in this mission.)

Disableing the loadFile will be no way to avoid serversided functions the Clipboard Functions, mulit Folder Structures, using of linux platfroms and auto encryption programms have added a lot more abilitys for scripter to protect their work in the last 1-2 years.

So or so in the moment when BIS tries to force scripters to publish any of their serversided scripts i will just take my scripts and say goodbye to the Arma Series, but thats only my opinion.
    Rähtshriebfäler sind kostenlos

Quote Originally Posted by TeeTime View Post
    I suggest you should try to get one of the older Zargabad Life Mission. This is a version of the original script without serverfiles so it should run on your server.
    The ZL mission we run is based off one of the recent versions and includes the server-side files. Also, the OP is talking about A2F.

I know that a lot of people in this forum dislike the idea of protecting a mission with serversided scripts, but in my eyes its the right of the scripter/modder to protect his work against people who want to scamp in their work. (Just for example the development of NL/SL/SLU/CLU started more then 5 years ago. Thats a long time and a lot of work people spend in this mission.)
    So if someone likes your work (and in this case, it's not even all your work) enough that they want to run it themselves, and credit you, that's a problem?

I was not talking about your mission in know that there were Zargabad missions without any serverfiles. If you know how to script then the rest is copy and paste.
    I am not sure but i think that the HGs Revo mission is the only RPG in A2F and i can promise you that the files for this mission wont be published.

Problem is they will not credit me. If you dont believe it ask the ServerOperator of all this X-Life Mission who Issetea or better who Fewo is/was. They are using their work but have no clue, who wrote it.

Why very simply: Group 1 take the mission chnages 0.5 - 1% of the script and change the credits (this group will give the right credits). Then group 2 take this mission and will change 1% of the scripts again. (Of course they will change the credits too and now you could be happy if you are still in the credits. Sorry to destroy your dream but thats how it works.)

Here you go. (This is the Chernarus Life server-side file "test.sqf".)

Code:
    removed
    Last edited by Foxhound; Dec 12 2011 at 18:40.

I didnt thought that i would the see the 2nd generation of my serversided scripts in this Forum.
    If this would be ********* i would understand this, but we are in the officcial Arma Forum here.

So can i ask you how you got this version of the scripts and if you didnt use a hacking who gave it to?

Since the Server is located in Germany this is the right link: http://wirtschaftslexikon.gabler.de/...Datendiebstahl

Everyfeel free to tranlate it for yourself.

I request that this code is removed here ASAP!!

So can i ask you how you got this version of the scripts and if you didnt use a hacking who gave it to?
    It was provided to us by an individual I'm not going to name. I can't say for sure how they obtained it but my guess would be by using a packet sniffer.

I request that this code is removed here ASAP!!
    It appears your request has been granted.
    Last edited by Max Power; Dec 13 2011 at 11:17.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast