Sign in to follow this  
zentaos

mosquito air

Ok...so...this will be a learning experience:)

And now with the help of my beautiful assistant..I will attempt to learn modeling and BIS addons at the same time...

anyways here's a shot of the rough frame...it's only the beginning, this is very addictive.

rough.jpg

Looking forward to seeing new helicopters come to live; keep it up! :)

What is an average poly count for a helicopter model?

Should I be modeling the bolts, or just using textures for them?

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Smaller rivets and bolts can normally be handled in the normal map texture. Since this helicopter has a visible exterior engine, perhaps you'll have face count budget to model some of that nicely detailed (if this is the one you're doing ;)).

HI DnA

This is request to save some insanity for us mere hobby people, in recent times it becomes less of a fun game to seek the holy grail of new tech and implementation of such,

i take 4 hours last evening quick and dirty get old arma1 UH60 MLOD to TOH .

In the past i would now spend 2 weeks finding the fine details Memmory points , new Engine based animation sources , proxy values , section names for special things etc etc, it was like a Game within a game and nice, however today things are so complicated after this ( textures rvmats etc) ,that it can take too much time for hobby person like myself.

So the detail of the question (Beg), please could you give us :

1 Res lod no textures required with all the necessary proxy name and paths for new helo

1(a) 1 Geometry Lod with weight so we can see what weight a medium helo is for TOH

1(b) 1 Memmory lod for obvious reasons ( to see what relative in model.cfg and cpp)

2 model config to suite

this will save maybe 1 - 2 month of guess work and would be much appreciated.

example of what we can do without its ok and its Standalone ( with no a2 /a1 pbo required) but hey its not good enough :)

qUJDCNRaDSI

Many thanks in advannce and if it takes signing of NDA then message me as i am willing to sign it :)

Smaller rivets and bolts can normally be handled in the normal map texture. Since this helicopter has a visible exterior engine, perhaps you'll have face count budget to model some of that nicely detailed (if this is the one you're doing ;)).

Close...

This one HTTP://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/custom/piczoom.asp?pic={9A793314-1FCB-4BE4-AA5C-174AA84322BA}_flight1.jpg&location=0

keep it below 32,000 vertex normals per lod

Well, it may be a good idea to test this, I'm finding the magic number to be more like 25,000 verts, There seems to be some discrepancy between what O2 will swallow and what buldozer and the game (A2 atleast) will display.

By the look of your screens so far (Blender?) it seems your working on your high poly version.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

So the detail of the question (Beg), please could you give us :

1 Res lod no textures required with all the necessary proxy name and paths for new helo

1(a) 1 Geometry Lod with weight so we can see what weight a medium helo is for TOH

1(b) 1 Memmory lod for obvious reasons ( to see what relative in model.cfg and cpp)

2 model config to suite

I hope we can offer something like this yes. At the very least we're documenting the new required selections / systems / memory points / selections (although selection names can usually be defined as anything in configs). You can learn more about weight using the weightRTD scripting command (check debug console script command documentation for the returned values).

I hope we can offer something like this yes

well i look forward to it , i have had fun doing the basic thing but without Model.cfg and memmory lod i really cant continue for now , i have opened p3d in text editor to read mem points but wow , this is different ball game even from OA .

I saw now there are seperate Blade section names and lots of bends collectives and torque association with each one , this is too much to guess even for an old hand lol.

i made sticks work with trial and error but when i place a "stick_pilot_joint" memory point and created anim of rotation, the pilot is nearly hitting himself in head lol, i guess this is because of some other influence from somewhere maybe .

i have had fun tho and thanks for another game , i will play it for a while now until you sort documentation and maybe some nice Model cfg and lod ;)

keep up good work

I hope we can offer something like this yes.

I'm sorry but why is there uncertainty? Is there another (faster) way to provide the willing lads with the information required to get custom content in the game?

At the very least we're documenting the new required selections / systems / memory points / selections (although selection names can usually be defined as anything in configs).

Is that gonna be available in what form and where? On the wiki?

Well, it may be a good idea to test this, I'm finding the magic number to be more like 25,000 verts, There seems to be some discrepancy between what O2 will swallow and what buldozer and the game (A2 atleast) will display.

creating sharp edges in o2 increases the vertex count during binarization, or when the game reads the p3d . so what shows in o2 is not the final count unless all of your edges are smooth

Some news? Work in progres? Good courage !

Still in progress...haven't had a lot of time this week. Don't expect this to be released very soon. Once the first model is finished, I still need to figure out how to animate the rotors and controls, figure out attach points, multiple LOD's, ...probably a whole bunch more stuff I don't know how to do yet...

Even though this is my first modeling experience I refuse to let this project be low quality.

+1 Have fun working on it and thanks for sharing !