Sign in to follow this  
eble

Converting addons

Hi,

Finally got a bit of spare time and I'm now looking at TOH :)

Has anyone come across the correct proxy name for the pilots?

Also has anyone down some research into the 'GTin commands, the old ones don't work anymore.

They seem to have changed in this game from Arma2.

Southy

Edited by Eble

TKOH uses a new system for getting into and out of helicopters to show the more detailed animations and opening the doors and such. Which commands specifically are not working? moveIn*** should be working, and assignAs*** + orderGetIn as well :)

TKOH uses a new system for getting into and out of helicopters to show the more detailed animations and opening the doors and such. Which commands specifically are not working? moveIn*** should be working, and assignAs*** + orderGetIn as well :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Could you let me know the name of the pilot proxy, the arma2 ones don't appear to be working in most cases, the character stands striaght up!

I also need to know the new command for pilot position for entry into the helo/Jet.

Previously I've used the following:

Proxies for Helos - 'Pilot' and 'Gunner'

and memory lod entry points - 'pos driver' and 'pos gunner'

For Jets I've used Pilot and gunner.

It's just a few problems stopping me from going further at the moment.

I'll try to explain the major differences between the old getting in and new getting in systems based on my own limited knowledge of it. I'd suggest changing the OP title to something covering this topic better :)

Old system:

• Memory points like pos Cargo are used to position the character while playing the getting in animation.
  • pos Cargo dir points are used to orient the character.
  • The actions for triggering getting in are roughly based on those points.

New system:

• Entries preciseGetInOut (same for gunners in turrets) and cargoPreciseGetInOut define which animation system to use. 0 is default A2-spec. 1 is used in TKOH and it means the animation is centered on the final proxy position of the character in the vehicle.
  • getInAction, getOutAction, gunnerGetInAction, gunnerGetOutAction, cargoGetInAction and cargoGetOutAction (String) entries are used to define the animations used.
  • usePreciseGetInAction (Bool) entry defines whether to use the new precise actions on specific memory points.
  • memoryPointsGetInDriverPrecise, memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise and memoryPointsGetInGunnerPrecise (String) define the memory points used for those precise actions.
  • All driver and gunner entries are singular, but cargo entries are Arrays matching the cargo index (if there are fewer values than indices, the last one is repeated for the remainder).