Thread: converting helis from arma 2

converting helis from arma 2

hi would it be possible to convert the heli's from Arma 2 to TKoH
    would love to see the Mi-17 or the Mi-24

This question belongs in this thread : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126485

... But in that case it can be done, but we need proper tools etc to convert them and not forgetting the addon makers permission.

Follow konyo.webs On Twitter : https://twitter.com/konyoWebs

"In truth, these men never let anyone down, which is why they are no longer here today." - R.I.P

In terms of the Mi-17 and Mi-24 I'm not sure we could anyway..BI have a rather strict policy on their asset..unless perhaps they release some of the Arma2 helo's as example p3d's.

There are always the ArmA 1 MLODs.

Second Lieutenant
    Yeah, Arma 1 MLOD should be good enough as a starting point
    I don't use a pump to scare somebody. I use a pump to shoot somebody.
    -Travis Haley - Magpul Dynamics - Art of the Dynamic Shotgun

1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon magazine... OH! There it is!
    -Christ Costa - Art of the Art of the Tactical Carbine 1

a good starting point would be proper documentation from Bis side regarding the changes neede to the model and configs from a2 to tkoh...
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by PuFu View Post
    a good starting point would be proper documentation from Bis side regarding the changes neede to the model and configs from a2 to tkoh...
    A2/OA content works basically out of the box in TKOH as long as required addons are available, so there's isn't much that is really different, other than the extra Flight Model config properties / xml etc.
    Perhaps there are some more extras but they should not be important for basic operation of an addon in TKOH.

You can easily diff between OA and TKOH classes to get the differences just for config properties.
    CfgVehicles>Air class
    CfgVehicles>Helicopter class

But yes, hopefully some more technical info becomes available ;P

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NodUnit View Post
    In terms of the Mi-17 and Mi-24 I'm not sure we could anyway..BI have a rather strict policy on their asset..unless perhaps they release some of the Arma2 helo's as example p3d's.
    To my knowledge; All assets from previous games can be freely used in the next game, as long as you own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    A2/OA content works basically out of the box in TKOH as long as required addons are available, so there's isn't much that is really different, other than the extra Flight Model config properties / xml etc.
    Perhaps there are some more extras but they should not be important for basic operation of an addon in TKOH.

You can easily diff between OA and TKOH classes to get the differences just for config properties.
    CfgVehicles>Air class
    CfgVehicles>Helicopter class

But yes, hopefully some more technical info becomes available ;P
    What about the PIP implementation, or the animated switches, and new overall IK animations for the pilot (which as far as i heard is not placed as a proxy anymore like it is with A2...)? (talking about model.cfg here over config.hpp)

Things like that should be available and documented from the get go, especially for BIS games where longevity is in direct relation with the community content and scenarios...
    Last edited by PuFu; Nov 24 2011 at 15:13.

External 3d model is separate from internal one, isn't it? Therefore how about simply putting external 3d model from arma 2 (solution for owners of arma 2 obviously)? For example we could put Bell UH-1Y Venom on medium helicopter...
    SamB

"They came in low and hot, close to the trees and dropped their tail in a flare, rocked forward and we raced for the open doorways (...)"
    Mike Ryerson: The Man in the Doorway

That is not possible as it would require the mlods from take on's helicopter models.

My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.