CameronMcDonald

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

I have little hope for a good Elder Scrolls, considering Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas.

I'll stick to Morrowind.

Hehehehehehheheheheyipee!

Now don't fuck up and turn this into Viking fan service or I'll spit in the empty grave of your creativity that Oblivion dug. *glares*

What I never lieked about the Elder Scrolls games is that you end up beeing a spell casting magic sword wielding paladin berserk thief orc. In Gothic it was either sword or magic but you could never master alll skills like in elder scrolls....and money was always rare in Gothic. Is there still world leveling accordign to player level in Skyrim so that you never encounter unvincible oponents.

Edited by Beagle

I forgot what I was talking about. Oh yeah, finding Angi's Camp, buffooning my way up to High Throbber the hard way, general game awesomeness.

Has anyone stumbled upon a book store yet? I've found a tailor in Solitude, but that's the only store that no other town has (I think..)

Has anyone stumbled upon a book store yet? I've found a tailor in Solitude, but that's the only store that no other town has (I think..)

Try the college in the north ;) Urag has a lot of books

Try the college in the north ;) Urag has a lot of books

It's not the same.. :p

I guess that will do for the moment, but I certainly hope someone adds a proper book store to Skyrim sooner or later. Where else is the fair maids of Skyrim going to get a copy of 'The Lusty Argonian Maid' without risking death from bears and ancient Draugrs; and I the 'Brief History of the Empire, v1'? My character is not a thief, that's all.. :p

Hi.

Could anyone enlighten me about the PS3 version?

Mainly that does it have the same enemy scaling annoyance as in Oblivion?

I did have that on pc as well and used the mods to eliminate that but this time I'm going for the console version. (My pc ain't working properly and no money for upgrades)

Hi.

Could anyone enlighten me about the PS3 version?

Mainly that does it have the same enemy scaling annoyance as in Oblivion?

I did have that on pc as well and used the mods to eliminate that but this time I'm going for the console version. (My pc ain't working properly and no money for upgrades)

From what I read on the forums the scaling is vastly improved (as in reduced), I think it's limited to certain entities like dragons. My gaming style is very slow (I'm still less than level 10) and I try to not know too much about game mechanics (after knowing too much in Oblivion ;)) so I can see if I enjoy the gameplay on it's own merits. So far it's been a good game.

Well at long last I find the reclusive Angi. Boy did I save that game :) spent so long finding her I'm a-gonna ask her to marry me.

God I need a life :D

Call me stupid, I've yet to find any magic scholar, reseller, or whatever, and I'm stuck with the basic heal and fire attack thing, and I'd really like to tailor my character differently.

yay! prob wasnt worth all the effort DM, but credit due for persistance :p

Currently trying to work out whats going on...

A drunken bender with some guy i met in a bar took me across the map and resulted in me passing out in a temple after wrecking the place apparently... the women who kicked me awake didnt seem too happy :o

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

When I play ArmA 2 and my laptop overheats, I Alt-Tab until it cools down. Can you minimize Skyrim without crashing it?

Yes it's very alt+tab friendly, just needs to be alt+tabbed twice to get back into it for some reason.

Edit: Have you thought about getting one of those laptop cooling stands? There's loads about and pretty cheap like 20-30 Euros

Edited by Placebo

Yes it's very alt+tab friendly, just needs to be alt+tabbed twice to get back into it for some reason.

Edit: Have you thought about getting one of those laptop cooling stands? There's loads about and pretty cheap like 20-30 Euros

I bought a 20 euro pad on sale and it isn't enough to keep ArmA 2 from throttling. I'm more optimistic about Skyrim, though, as the minimum reqs are lower.

This guy made what I dreamed of since I got in this city :

. Down with annoying people!

I have literally no idea what my ingame face looks like. It's whatever default face you get as a Nord. I don't have too much interest in the Barbie dress-me-up part of this game :)