Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: BattleField 3

canals and kharg island

love all the complaints against the recoil on the various forums..youd swear they never shot a gun before
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Slatts_modding
    PhotoBucket album: http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/use...o-man/library/

Slatts & HydroPump - Brothers in ArmA since 2002

R.I.P Oxygen 2..Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    canals and kharg island

love all the complaints against the recoil on the various forums..youd swear they never shot a gun before
    You can bget that most of them didn´t because, you know, its hard to get a gun when you are under 18
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

Quote Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
    You can bget that most of them didn´t because, you know, its hard to get a gun when you are under 18
    let alone a 7.62 GPMG on full auto while standing and walking
    o...k i didnt do the walking bit and was burst firing

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    let alone a 7.62 GPMG on full auto while standing and walking
    o...k i didnt do the walking bit and was burst firing
    Not like they understand the concept of burst fire anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead3yez View Post
    And, you don't need unlocks to enjoy te game, either you're a noob or you're not. ....

Everyone starts the game as a noob.
    You, me, everyone.

As a noob you will be dying a lot.
    People will consistently kill you, even when you thought you had the drop on them.

So when I have a guy bang in my sights at optimum range, he's not even looking at me, but I can't kill him before he kills me...
    It's obviously not a very rewarding experience.

After I die I get to see this bloke and he has a load of guns that I can't have and I'm thinking.. hmmm..

Now intellectually, one has to think, this game is well balanced, the reason I am dying and my enemies are not is clearly becuase I am doing something wrong.
    But emotionally, my response is more likely to be "I can't compete with these guys because they have better guns than me".

And then you read the comms chatter about cheats on the server.. and so on and your willingness to be canonfodder for someone elses fun is much reduced.

Truthfully, unlocks suck on a competative multiplayer game.
    Even if they were perfectly balanced, and if they were, then there would be as many people not using them as there are using them...
    Even if they were perfectly balanced, they create the feeling of an unfair playing field.
    Last edited by Baff1; Apr 4 2012 at 09:44.

^ I agree Baff1 seeing that im now level 15. Now starting to unlock things it was very frusterating at the beginning when all I had was a shitty gun and no defibrillator, no AT mines, no claymores no c4 no nothing.
    *HAF 922 Cooler Master case
    *ASUS Maximus VI Gene Republic of Gamers Motherboard
    *Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell @3.8ghz
    *Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 @1600mhz
    *EVGA GTX560 Ti 2048MB DDR5 memory Factory clocked
    *Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD
    *Hannspree 22" Widescreen Monitor 1680x1050 @60hz

The C4, Defib and AT mines can be unlocked in like 2 or 3 games of playing that class. :| 1 if you're good enough.
    Check out my music on SoundCloud. Thank you.
    - ArmA 2 Optimisation tips, FPS Helper v1.21, ArmA2 chat

AT Mine - 7000 Class Score required. (Impossible to get that much unless on high ticket servers, at least it is with hardcore).

Defib - 4000 Class Score required. (Possible to get in one match if you dish out the medpack alot, best used on maps like metro).

C4 - 4000 Class Score required. (Same as above just with ammobox).

It took me a while to earn the mines and C4, but that was only because I played solely as engineer, also n00bs only play regular, hardcore is where da shits at yo.

Saying all that though, I never use AT mines (thermals on vehicles make them pointless), I hardly use C4, same with claymores, defib I obviously use when permitted. All those unlocks dont make a player any better, it just takes the player out of the occasion and requires no skill on their behalf (C4 permiited).
    Last edited by VIPER[CWW]; Apr 4 2012 at 12:36.

My Releases:
    ArmA 2 CO: Jackal Two Nine || US Army '09 Replacements || Marsoc Marines Replacement Coming Soon...
    Skyrim: Jormungandr || Poison Blade (HD) || Poison Blade (Lighter Blade - HD)
    ArmA 3: VIPRR A-TACS

Quote Originally Posted by VIPER[CWW] View Post
    n00bs only play regular, hardcore is where da shits at yo.
    lol no.

Hardcore sucks for not having any HUD for firemode/ammo count.

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast