Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: BattleField 3

On The End Of A Bottle Of Cider-Somerset - UK
    Latest Back To Karkand

How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Artisanal View Post
    Yet another white-knight who parachuted himself into the thread without using the search function.

The colors!..The colors! What happened to the colors? Why is it so dull?!

"Aww mahn did you see those rad explosions? Explosions are awwsum mahn! I'm so psyched after seeing them, it just makes my blood pump and feel alive mahn! I'm totally going to buy it because it had so many explosions in the video mahn! Rad."

Don't forget about dat EPIC debris falling down!

still, looks very enjoyable
    Last edited by PurePassion; Nov 20 2011 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by NodUnit View Post
    The colors!..The colors! What happened to the colors? Why is it so dull?!

"Aww mahn did you see those rad explosions? Explosions are awwsum mahn! I'm so psyched after seeing them, it just makes my blood pump and feel alive mahn! I'm totally going to buy it because it had so many explosions in the video mahn! Rad."
    stop trolling?

i get it, its not everyones "cup of tea"... but seriously, dont you have something better to do?

oh wait, no ,sorry, its the BI forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TimRiceSE View Post
    stop trolling?

i get it, its not everyones "cup of tea"... but seriously, dont you have something better to do?

oh wait, no ,sorry, its the BI forums.
    There are plenty of threads about the art style on the Battlefield UK forums, even stating that a lot of users have strained eyes.

Super high contrast, lacking colours, blue tint, lensflare all over the place, bloom and flashlights, whose powers are equal to that of the sun.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...y-do-much.html

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-graphics.html

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...r-morning.html

Thumbs down

Great thread reads, especially part two of the "Should look like this" where there is a break down of the graphics used. The graphics themselves really are quite nice, and the textures are wonderful but as LowerContrast pointed out..are washed away by the bloom, flares and color filters, if the game looked like the second picture I would be praising it a great deal..as it stands we are left with the first. http://i.imgur.com/MQcVF.jpg

I think this sums it up very nicely. http://i.imgur.com/Cp4TM.jpg

If you are looking for constructive criticism then okay.. the environments are very nicely put together and richly populated with all sorts of objects that lend to the beauty of the landscape or urban environments, even the construction zones look superb and I loved running through the tunnels but thanks to all of the over dolling it more often than not blends into this flashy blob of miscoloration that detracts from the scene, fancier is not better.

As per the trolling..well hey next time they release a back to karkand video and the focus is that the older map has been faithfully recreated for the new game such as exploring familiar flag sites (the transformer station or mosque for example) rather than EXPLOSIONS IN YOUR FACE ALL THE TIME then I won't be such a prick about it .
    Last edited by NodUnit; Nov 20 2011 at 03:45.

And then you get everyone saying "OMG why doesn't every game look this good"?! It's all about the crappy post-processing.

ST_Dux: "Conspiracy theorists aren't the great skeptics that they envision themselves to be; they are a weak sort who cannot for the life of them accept the fact that some things -- most things, actually -- happen for no reason at all. There is no master plot; there is no system; the only thing consistent in this world is inconsistency.

I personally like the filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox '09 View Post
    Thing is I live outside the US currently, and it tells me it is 50 GBP. I guess ill order it from somewhere else eventually but I really would like to use origin.
    Damn where was that price? I paid £34.99 for it on release day

Quote Originally Posted by PurePassion View Post
    Don't forget about dat EPIC debris falling down!
    At least it actually crushes you if you're under it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    flashlights, whose powers are equal to that of the sun.
    I have a flash light with the power of six million candles, is that close?
    Quote Originally Posted by ***LeGeNDK1LLER*** View Post
    well you are 1 of the greatest examples that pressing the reply button doesn't mean necessarily answering.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast