DanAK47

Guerrilla Pack

20 October Update:

I have updated the control scheme again: now all 2d iron sights are removed, and you press V once to raise the 3d irons, a second time to lower them.

A big performance-sapping bug was fixed. Some other bugs were fixed, including a bug where AI would get stuck after healing/being healed.

A mod config has been included with the pack that replaces default units with units from the pack using 3d sights. When playing the campaign, some missions currently crash with the config enabled.

The update is back compatible with previous versions.

Major changes:

-3d iron sights. I was impressed with the positive feedback Batis received about his 3d iron sight videos, so I decided to dig up the work I had previously done a while ago and re-implement it. I am still not 100% happy with the feel of the sights - they highlight a lot of engine problems. For example, sight wobble is not as smoothly rendered as with the 2d sights and this makes the 3d irons look a little bit jerky sometimes. Pieces of the gun disappear as you zoom in, but this allowed for a nice "rear sight blurring" effect.

-Units are organized by skill level according to a 2-vs-1 paradigm: elite units can defeat 2 veteran units and veteran units can defeat 2 recruit units. This is more pronounced at long ranges, so recruit units can overrun elite units with less odds if they can sneak up close.

-More units and weapons, including some more exotic types. Mercenaries, private contractors, military advisors, and other units are now depicted. I have also added weapons such as the SCAR16, SCAR17, M79 grenade launcher, and SR25. Some weapons have special functions, such as the detonator and M112 charges. You can now assign charges to certain detonator channels, so you don't have to blow them all up at once. In multiplayer, you can assign explosives to "global" channels so your friends can blow them up if you die.

-Added a mission pack.

Readme:

DanAK47's Guerrilla Pack Beta 2

This pack adds unconventional warfare soldiers to the West, East, and Resistance sides. The following units are depicted:

-US Army Special Forces

-US Army Rangers

-US Infantry

-US Navy SEALs

-US Marines

-Russian Spetsnaz

-Russian VDV

-Russian Naval Infantry

-Russian Infantry

-Guerrilla forces

-Mercenaries and private contractors

-Advisor units

Features:

-Units are organized in the editor by skill levels. There are three skill levels: Elite, Veteran, and Recruit. Skill levels are assigned according to a "2 vs 1" odds rule: an elite unit can defeat 2 veteran units, and a veteran unit can defeat 2 recruit units. This is less true at close range: recruit units can surround and destroy elite units if they manage to get in close.

-Special animations for units. The animation scheme a unit uses varies with his weapons: soldiers use different stances when using machineguns or sniper rifles. Stances are not tied to the type of unit, but to the weapon they are currently using. A rifleman that picks up a machinegun will switch to using the machinegun stance and vice versa.

-3d iron sights. Pressing the optics key now activates the 3d iron sights. Zooming in blurs the rear sight. Press the move backward key to lower the sights. AI also use the iron sights, and recruit units are slower to aim.

-Special weapon functions. M112 charges and demo packs can be detonated seperately using the detonator weapon. In multiplayer, charges can be "shared" with your friends: place an explosive, set it on a "global" detonation channel, and a teammate can detonate it using the detonator. The commando mortar can be carried and set up by one soldier. Rucksacks allow soldiers to carry more ammunition. Holdover charts on sniper rifles allow for first-shot hits. Antimaterial rifles can disable light vehicles with a shot to the engine block.

-A unit replacement config.cpp is included with the pack.

Credits:

-Base weapon models for AK, M4, M249, M240 series by Earl

-FAL base from RKI (Inquisitor's?)

-RPG7 models from Kegetys

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wqdpr6ckdckra32

Mission pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?c5j34c3yfwjxoo6

Screenshots:

windrunner1.jpg

merc1.jpg

sights2.jpg

demo1.jpg

More screenshots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/sights3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/sights1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/windrunner2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/sf6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/Rescue1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/interdiction1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/DanM1A/FlashpointAddons/M2491.jpg

Edited by DanAK47
Updated again
  • Like 1

Hey Dan! That's what I'd call comeback! Thanks for your effort put into this and your other addons in the past (especially the M14/M21 pack!).

Great, and with that high dexterity trick, i learned something new about how much impact it makes on the AI willingness to open fire quickly, those troops really do not waste time before shooting.

Will have to seriously try that dexterity change for my mod weapons.

Dexterity is something i don't understand. It is only defined in the O.pbo config for handguns. How on earth can it work on riffles or MG as long as it isn't defined for them :confused:

Probably because there's a default value in the engine itself that manage the weapon speed when moving it with the mouse that is modified by the dexterity line.

So if the dexterity line is not there (like for the main config), it just use the default value (that is in the code)

Anyways, it works, putting a high dexterity makes the weapon nearly as light as air, making them moving around the free aim zone at much higher speed.

Same with low dexterity that makes them very slow to move around.

And it is then influencing the AI aiming speed too

Probably because there's a default value in the engine itself that manage the weapon speed when moving it with the mouse that is modified by the dexterity line.

So if the dexterity line is not there (like for the main config), it just use the default value (that is in the code)

Anyways, it works, putting a high dexterity makes the weapon nearly as light as air, making them moving around the free aim zone at much higher speed.

Same with low dexterity that makes them very slow to move around.

And it is then influencing the AI aiming speed too

Great, that makes sense, ty. What could be guessed as a default value ? 1 ?

It seems logical, but only BIS may know this one for certain.

Lower than 1 i observed weapon being heavy to move on the screen, and around 2 being "light", and at higher values being very very quick to move around

The default value is 1.

The value used for the AI weapons is 6.

This "trick" was present in the old beta, released 5 years ago (!). I'm surprised that no one took notice.

Nice though didn't you have some woodland camo soldiers once?? Would be nice if you could include them!

STGN

There are 15 different camo types: ACU, Black, Desert, Desert Tiger, Flora, Ghillie, Khaki, KLMK, MARPAT, Multicam, OD, Realtree, Sportiger, Tiger stripe, and Woodland.

The SF Soldiers originally wore Woodland, but I changed them to ACU.

If you want to change how the soldiers look, open up the PBO and look at Scripts/uniform.sqs. You can either change the uniforms directly there, or use that script as an example and run your own at the mission level.

If I get some time, I will try to implement in-game uniform customization.

Has anyone tried these in MP yet, particularly the M112s/Demopack and Detonator?

Some updates:

-M112s and Demopacks now have new detonation options: there are six channels to choose from, three local and three global. Place your charges and group them into channels, then use the detonator to detonate each channel separately, or set the charges to a global channel and let your friends detonate them.

-Added HD weapons. Units with low skill are automatically armed with HD weapons.

-Added some new units, including US Woodland camo soldiers.

-New pistol/SMG animations.

-Added Mini Uzi SD and Colt M1911 SD.

-Added V40 Minigrenades, which use a pistol mag slot instead of a rifle mag slot.

-Grenade Launcher rounds now come in packs of 4 and use pistol mag slots. You can now carry 10 rifle mags and 16 grenades.

Planned Updates:

-Add a new skill category between "HD" and "Elite" AI. Currently, vanilla OFP AI will easily defeat "HD" AI, and "Elite" AI will easily defeat vanilla OFP AI (and all of the addon AI I have tested against them).

-Add SCAR 17.

-Add SMGs for East and West sides equivalent to the Mini Uzi and Mini Uzi SD (MP5K?).

-Add generic East soldiers.

I will upload another version once I have finished with the planned updates.

Edited by DanAK47
formatting

Picture of the SCAR 17 so far:

scar1.jpg

One of the Submachinegun anims:

bomber4.jpg

I have also implemented peeking and a "raise up" stance when crouched - useful for shooting over car hoods and other things when you don't want to go into a full stand.

Any chance you could add a Mk 16 SCAR? and possibly and FN FNC?..........

Good work on Guerrilla pack! :thumbsup:

I especially love sniper features like range card on rifle that you can use.

Second very useful feature is the low lying stance. When prone you can shoot at your enemy and instantly flatten yourself to ground, making yourself difficult to find :)

I know I am asking too much, but could you make some low crawl animations for snipers?

Good work, keep it up. :bounce3:

Icarus

P.S. Those SCARS are looking good.

Edited by Icarus

Checked this out tonight and WOW!! Some really "rare" and cool weapons are included. Good work good sir :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I stopped working on these for a while, as it seemed like nobody was using them.

I will try to make some "slow-low" crawl animations. I had thought about doing this before.

Some updates:

-Reorganized the units. There are now three skill classes per side: Elite, Veteran, and Recruit, each identifiable by uniform and loadout. Elite units kill everything, Veteran units are equivalent to default BIS units, and Recruit units have reduced accuracy with all weapons including RPGs.

-Added some "missing" units such as medic

-Added some "missing" weapons such as M4 + ACOG + M203

-Helmets and bandanas no longer look awful.

Still to do:

-Add SCAR16

-Add shotgun as secondary (pistol) weapon

-Add Makarov, SD

-Add JAM magazine support. JAM magazines will turn into the appropriate equivalent magazine when using my weapons (just like if you pick up an M4 magazine while using the M16, etc).

-Fix transitions to some death anims (when using binocular, for example)

I have finished the SCAR16 and added some miscellaneous things, such as shoulder patches (Ranger, VDV, Naval Infantry) and a throwable timebomb.

SF5-1.jpg

Throwable timebombs? Can't wait to try them out :)

By the way is it possible to make AI use weapons with one dexterity setting (the one you chose) and human players use weapons with worse dexterity setting?

Just wondering.

Icarus

By the way is it possible to make AI use weapons with one dexterity setting (the one you chose) and human players use weapons with worse dexterity setting?

Just wondering.

Unfortunately, no. I had to implement a script and different versions of each weapon for players and AI.

Some updates:

-Added M79 grenade launcher. Uses a pistol slot, but I changed the animations so it doesn't look stupid.

-Added RPG7 for east units and a "new" LAW for west units. Some (recruit) guerrillas also use the RPG7.

-Added some "recon" units.

-Added facemasks to some units.

-Optimized a lot of scripts and models.

-Fixed transitions to death animations and some other miscellaneous animation-related things.

I am also working on a mission pack to release alongside the next update.

Screenshots:

recon1.jpg

m79.jpg