Sign in to follow this  
dammond

Bizzare Texture Issue

Hello!

I've been making custom textures for the lawlz for a while now, and I recently upgraded to Windows 7. But now it doesn't work. So how did I do it before?

I simply unpacked the PBO, took the .paa, made em TGA went to photoshop, did my magic and then put em back as .paa, just using a texture command in the ini line of the unit I wanted!

But.. doing the IDENTICLE process on Windows 7 yields the following results, when I try to open any texture with TexView2:

ERROR LOADING FILE: (File name and location)

This happens for every single texture. Any ideas on this? (And yeah.. this is sort of in the wrong section but I didn't see a texture section. Mods feel free to move this if I am wrong).

Thanks in Advance

It seems like the path you're working in now must be different than the old path you used to work in.

It is also possible that the program you're using requires administrative rights to see the path you're working in OR cannot see the path you're working in because it HAS administrative rights, but the path does not exist for the administrator's account.

Edited by Max Power

try right mouse click on Texview, run as admin.(i always turn UAC off to get around my own computer asking me every few minutes if i am sure about the action i want to take)...

if that doesn't work try to reinstall BI Tools (2.0 or 2.5)

Alright, I have run as admin.. with no success, the error persists. Looking to see if updating to 2.51 tools will change.

EDIT: WINNING! I updated to 2.51, and it works like a charm. Thanks for your help gentlemen.

Good day!

Edited by dammond