Sign in to follow this  
trinsic

42nd Air Assault Regiment | Community Driven Realism Gaming

The 42nd is not an actual military group but a group of semi-realism gamers. Our 103rd FPS company is a mixed group consisting of actual military personnel served, serving and/or will serve in one or more branches of the military. We also have enlisted non-military civilians that enjoy playing with our group. The 42nd has been involved in the gaming community since September 2009. Our primary focus is to create a unique gaming experience you cannot find anywhere else. As a community of friends we break the stereotypes of typical gaming clans by not taking the normal day to day operation of the unit too seriously while at the same time our events and games are run with a thread of discipline that keeps our in game operations running smoothly. We have inter-unit competitions and AI driven deployments regularly in the world of Arma 2 CO, but we also support a wide variety of game franchises such as Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, Minecraft, and World Of Tanks. Additionally we are always on the look out for new games to add to our gaming unit. We have a friendly attitude in and out of games and our members are always there to help new people get familiar with the elements of of all games especially with the complexities of setting up Arma 2 CO with mods like A.C.E. that we currently use for our deployments. We also use our own pack of mods to make are deployments more realistic. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will be there to help you.

If you would like to see us implement a game you don't see on our website please let us know. The 42nd is a competitive gaming community and are always planning and talking about new events on our 42nd Teamspeak 3 server to communicate with others and help improve our team work. With a roster now in the 55+ range we show no signs of dying out. As we expand and grow we invite you to check us out and become part of the 42nd. Just leave the drama, and apathy at the door.

All of our positions have the possibility for promotion to a leadership position. Promotions are not based status situations like who you know, but based on your team attitude and your ability to take charge in combat situations without losing your cool. Also we look at other factors such as how you treat other members and players outside of games. How you apply yourself in teamspeak as a person that has a can do attitude and willing to make small sacrifices for the good of the unit. Additionally we also understand our members have time constraints so If you cannot be with us in teamspeak on certain days/times we respect that. We only ask that you notify us of your situation so we don't have people that just drop out for weeks or months at a time without notifying someone. If you are getting tired of playing and want to take a break, or you have an issue with something or someone at the 42nd we ask that you let us know. If it is something we can correct we need to have feedback from people on our operations. I myself have put allot of time into make our regiment run more efficiently and our commanders take complaints and feedback very seriously.

We are currently looking for recruits to fill the following roles in the 103rd FPS company. If you don't have skill in an area of expertise you are interested in don't worry about it. Our Military instructors will train you in the role of your choosing:

2 Combat Training Instructors

5 Rifleman

2 Medics

1 Sniper

We look forward to hearing from dedicated, professional and friendly people 18 or older.

CPL S. Larson

Web Developer, Public Relations, Technical Operations.

Edited by trinsic
link fix.

42nd is a great unit. I been a part of it for a little bit now. I like how you not only have to get a rank, but you earn it. I also love the fact of being deployed every week for a Unit wide Operation in ARMA 2. Everyone is realy great here and it dont cost a dime like other high quality units. There is lots of room for you to grow with 42nd. I hope to see some of y'all join up soon. See you on the Battlefield