Sign in to follow this  
delta99

Prevent compass from being used continuously

Is there a way to programmitically via script to block a user from keeping the compass on screen by using the double tap "K" key combo?

And is there a way to only allow the user to use the compass while not moving (walking/running).

I still want the user to have use of the compass but not be able to keep it on screen while running/walking.

An alternative if this is not possible, is there a way to keep track of how much time the compass is on screen? If I can do that then I can make it so that the user has to be very careful how long they keep the compass on screen. If they keep it on screen for a certain time limit I can then remove it from their inventory and they will have zero use of a compass at that point.

All of these are needed for orienteering type missions I am thinking of creating.

How about just removing it when moving and add it back when stopped.

Try placeing a trigger

0,0 size

repeating

Cond

speed player == 0

On Act

player addWeapon "ItemCompass"

On Dea

player removeWeapon "ItemCompass"

Never thought of that. I will give it a try. Seems like this should be a real simple solution if it works.

F2k Sel, that works like a charm. Thanks for that. Sometimes really simple solutions like this don't even come to mind!!!