Sign in to follow this  
Alderman

"Band of Brothers" Battle at Brecourt Manor documentary showing

This video is a recap of one of the more recent events we held to show "The Battle at Brecourt Manor" Documentary. Those here who are not aware of the project, I served as the Promotional Manager for the team, and during production was the Graphic Design Manager and Technical & Military Adviser.

This video created by one of my editors is a recap of the event. It was the last major event with my friends and Easy Company veterans Buck Compton and Don Malarkey together. We only have one more major event with Malarkey in St. Louis. Due to health Donald is no longer appearing at major public events and traveling around the country. It was definitely a blessing for me to have the opportunities over the last 8 years with Don and other members of Easy Company.

For those who are very interested in Band of Brothers you can check our our Facebook page (does require a facebook account) at www.facebook.com/brecourtmanor. This has been a not-for-profit education project.

Here is the video.

Thanks for posting this. I watched Band of Brothers inumerous times, then bought the book . . . I've read and seen everything I could about Easy Company.

Kind regards

Did you ever read Don's book Easy Company soldier, or Bucks titled Call of Duty?

No . . . for being honest not. Seems maybe a bit crazy but staying here in Italy I have to order every book in an American bookstore never bought a book online. In any case I was not aware that they wrote and published their books, thanks for telling me.

Jim Alley of Easy Company built the lumber yard my family has owned for a generation now. He wasn't a main character in the show, but whenever they mention the mortar section in the series his name pops up. Wish I was old enough to remember meeting him, I'm sure I could find a picture of me as a kid with him. That's my connection to Easy Company, from what I've heard he was a great man. Will check it out.

There are a lot of men who served in Easy who are not well known. Another who lives in Oregon, actually the same town Malarkey and I live is Bill Winget who also served in Easy Company. For the men who are well known, there is really only Don, Buck, Babe Heffron and Wild Bill Guarnere(hes a character ha)

Thanks for sharing the story hammer. If you find a picture feel free to contact us at support@brecourtmanor.net if you wish to share it.

I visit France regularly and something I have always wanted to do is find the field where that happened. I have looked it up on google earth and the hedge row positions have not changed and you can still see marks in the ground where they dug the positions for the artillery. I would like to visit the a few of the cemeteries to show respect as well. Will have to sneak it past the wife lol - my morbid curiosity with history etc always gets the thumbs down!