Dear ArmA: Cold War Assault veterans,
Since the very beginning, the team behind OFP(r).info / armedassault.info has been running one of the leading websites covering BIS games, keeping you up to date concerning Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Resistance, later renamed to ArmA: Cold War Assault.
For over 10 years the site has offered news, downloads, support, means of communication and sometimes even opinions that influenced official policy for BIS' games to tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of players on a daily basis. After 10 years, the game is still alive and kicking, being played and modded on a level that is quite unique for a game that old. To keep the level of service at the high standard set before, I've decided to help out by posting news and providing mirrors for new files as well as files that were previously missed.
I plan to post news exclusively during the weekends unless there is an urgent reason, by which I mean an addon release including providing a mirror. The site has had a policy against posting about missions to ease the workload for staff members, however as I don't expect to be flooded with quite as many messages as years ago, it should prove to be possible to gather several and put them in a newspost.
If you are a modder looking to get news about your work posted or your release hosted, or a player that has an addon that is missing from our download server, then please tell me about it in this topic, or by contacting me via a personal message. I do keep track of the ArmA:CWA forum section on the BIS and OFPr.info forums, but even I can miss things
Standards for content you want to have posted:
- At least one image of a good size displaying the addon or mission must be provided (the only exception are sound or scripting addons), editing of the image(s) is allowed, but the addon must be clearly shown;
- Images must all be of roughly the same size (pixels);
- Images must be from ArmA:CWA, Bulldozer, O2 or other BIS tools, no pictures from third party programs (like renders) are allowed;
- To download the file(s) to my computer so I can upload them to our servers, there must not be any registration proces required of me;
- Files must be properly packaged up for release, I don't want to do Ikea-like projects to post people's news;
- File archives may not be password protected and must be in a common format (zip, rar or 7z);
- If other addons are required, they must be clearly listed and links must be provided from the OFPr.info server.
A tip for those that are having problems downloading from "dead" OFPr.info links.
Look at the link. If it says "www.ofpr.info" change this to "ftp.ofpr.info". For example:
And it will work again.