Take on Helicopters - Linux Standalone Server 1.02
Copyrigt (c) 2011 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.
For more information please visit
1. Following programs must have been installed on your Linux-box:
tar, gcc. Optional: md5sum (for setup integrity check)
1a. On some verions of Linux (this was reported for RedHat 9
and Gentoo linux 2.4.20) the NSCD deamon must be installed to
run TOH server successfully. Caching of DNS would be sufficient.
2. Copy the whole "Take on Helicopters" directory from Windows
to some Linux-directory (takeonh). DON'T DO ANY DATA CONVERSIONS
(even "dos2unix" translation of text files is not necessary).
Example: you can use PKZIP (WinZip, PowerArchiver, etc.) on
Windows and "unzip" on Linux.
Don't use upper case letters in the takeonh directory name
(/home/bob/takeonh will be good, /home/bob/TakeOnH
may cause some troubles).
takeonh directory should contain subdirectories "Addons", "Bin", etc.
3. Copy the "server-x.xx.tar.gz" (x.xx is version number) file into
the takeonh directory. Unpack and install it with commands:
takeonh$ tar -xjf server-x.xx.tar.bz2
Watch the messages - they will inform you whether your installation
4. Dedicated server can be started in foreground:
Or in background:
takeonh$ nohup ./server > out.txt 2> err.txt &
5. Running server can be stopped by executing:
$ kill -s SIGINT <pid>
Where <pid> is process-id of mother server thread (printed out in
6. Take on Helicopters server has a feature: command-line parameter
"-pid=<pid_file>". It causes creation of <pid_file> with
PID of root TOH process. If IP port specified in "-port=<nn>"
parameter is busy (in usage), TOH will terminate immediately
and <pid_file> won't be written..
7. The "tohserver" script is provided for automatic server
start/restart/status query/etc. Please be sure to edit
CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS in lines 12 to 18 !
After this is done, install (hard-link?) the script into
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/tohserver" file. After that it can be managed
by "chkconfig" (see info/man).