Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86194

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Please report issues with details and RPT/Crash Dump files where applicable; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

BI is also looking for feedback about the various memory allocator options; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126493

Improvements;

Edited by Sickboy

Salute to all involved.

for me my AI mates with pistols or no weapons play the binocular animation very often while they dont even have a binocular.

havent tried the betas for a long time so i dont know scince which version this happens but it not happens with 1.59.

edit: looks like they use their NVG as binoculars

Edited by PeterBitt

On the subject of Binoculars and Laser Marker some of the odd effects seem to be reduced but it could be better.

Shouldn't both the Binocular and Laser Marker actions be the same?

As they are now when Binoculars are raised it prevents 3rd person view from working, not the case with Laser Marker raised.

Also I think I mentioned it before and don't know if it's possible but once the riffle has been moved to the shoulder it should remain there until the Binoculars or Laser Marker has been removed from the units hand. It looks really silly watching the riffle jump to the front and back over and over.

Other animations that are still wrong.

Running animation looks like a unit has an injured leg.

Unit going prone half way through reload animation has units head and weapon going into the ground.

Parachute landing where the unit jumps 2meters into the air.

Units exiting trucks from the wrong position and higher than they should do ,the only truck that looks correct seems to be the CDF open URAL.

Also for some reason you can't put units into the rear of the US Support truck even though it has seats, not even moveincargo works.

Edited by F2k Sel

On the subject of Binoculars and Laser Marker some of the odd effects seem to be reduced but it could be better.

Shouldn't both the Binocular and Laser Marker actions be the same?

As they are now when Binoculars are raised it prevents 3rd person view from working, not the case with Laser Marker raised.

Also I think I mentioned it before and don't know if it's possible but once the riffle has been moved to the shoulder it should remain there until the Binoculars or Laser Marker has been removed from the units hand. It looks really silly watching the riffle jump to the front and back over and over.

Other animations that are still wrong.

Running animation looks like a unit has an injured leg.

Unit going prone half way through reload animation has units head and weapon going into the ground.

Parachute landing where the unit jumps 2meters into the air.

Units exiting trucks from the wrong position and higher than they should do ,the only truck that looks correct seems to be the CDF open URAL.

Also for some reason you can't put units into the rear of the US Support truck even though it has seats, not even moveincargo works.

Please report issues with details and RPT/Crash Dump files where applicable; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

BI is also looking for feedback about the various memory allocator options; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126493

It has been so long that i have trouble believing this.

I just placed 2 enemy squads at opposite ends of the Factory in Chernarus at 114-079 in which I've spent many times getting frustrated with the wall passing at the south gate - they both went prone whenever by the hole now and didn't ghost run thru once -I'm astonished!!

Man I didn't even think this was fixable but holy potatoes this is a great fix! Does this mean stances can be fixed for indoor as well?

Good stuff here.

I've tried one of the repro's from #25348 (chernarus repro) and my experience was that 2 of the guys crawled through the hole and the other 2 walked through. With ACE mod they all stop at the fence and move no more.

I've tried one of the repro's from #25348 (chernarus repro) and my experience was that 2 of the guys crawled through the hole and the other 2 walked through. With ACE mod they all stop at the fence and move no more.
Bug in ACE is already solved - fix is attached http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26255#note-12

Awaits (your) confirmation :)

Fix works, I've checked.

Would be nice if you release an update for ACE this week instead of the next since it's quite a gamebreaking bug.

Fix works, I've checked.

Would be nice if you release an update for ACE this week instead of the next since it's quite a gamebreaking bug.

Sure, ok, pushed for hotfix on SU, run "Verify and Repair" to grab.

Friday = Skyrim :)

Thanks Sickboy,

Will that fix work with my current ACE build? Mine is build 515. I don't want to update right now because everybody else that plays with me will need as well.

Anyway you have it fixed and confirmed by someone else.

Thanks Sickboy,

Will that fix work with my current ACE build? Mine is build 515. I don't want to update right now because everybody else that plays with me will need as well.

Anyway you have it fixed and confirmed by someone else.

No idea.

Always play the latest build, with Six Updater at your side that's rather effortless and few seconds jobs.