Sign in to follow this  
burdy

Super low GPU usage on MP only???

Hmm, my GPU always reaches 100% and haven't had any issue with that, only is the temp.. i usually hit 85'C. But i think that is normally for my GPU.

I just had a odd thing happen, when im in spectator mode (Domination spectator) my usage shoots up and I get perfect FPS... Whaa?

Arma 2 is dead for devs :S

sure and that's why there is slated new OA beta for next week

1:0 for me again :)

Will you guys address this issue?? Its really ruining the game for me =/

Just tested more with beta patch and the more units there are, the more the usage of the GPU goes down... But I have friends with worse PC's that are getting higher FPS, really annoying :mad:

That points to a CPU-limited situation, but even with an extremely high-end (4.0+ GHz) CPU, it seems like the problem still exists.

I said dead because you stopped solving major bugs but just minor ones !

For me an AI that goes prone when trying to go through a fence is just more stress for my CPU,but a tank that doesn't engine on when you move turret is a great improvements that will add a lot to the game play! and still it's an example among a lot. (like this GPU usage issue)

1-1 i always win :D

DayZ is pretty much unplayable when looking at any cities, my HD 7870 is being utilized by 20-30% only.

New beta didnt do anything, still get dots on all the foilage with ATI 7970, horrid FPS. Yippe.

Have viewed that thread many times and always have ATOC off

@Burdy: have you tried increasing the Quality of AF in Cat Control Centre to High Quality.

I have a 7850 (OC to 7870) so my configuration shouldn't be THAT different to your rig.

@Burdy: have you tried increasing the Quality of AF in Cat Control Centre to High Quality.

I have a 7850 (OC to 7870) so my configuration shouldn't be THAT different to your rig.

How do you do that?

How do you do that?

Open the ATi's Catalyst Control Centre (installed by default when you install ATi's video drivers), select the category "Gaming", then "3D Application Settings" and then scroll down to the section entitled "Catalyst AI" and move the slider from right to left (from Quality to High Quality).

Does that help?

I can't imagine increasing GPU load would increase framerate, but I guess it would be worth a try.

Open the ATi's Catalyst Control Centre (installed by default when you install ATi's video drivers), select the category "Gaming", then "3D Application Settings" and then scroll down to the section entitled "Catalyst AI" and move the slider from right to left (from Quality to High Quality).

Does that help?

Nope, Didnt work

Yeah, the other day I was barely breaking 50% of both CPU and GPU usage with most everything on Very High. Issue still exists even in the latest betas it seems.

Hard to diagnose, though, since it's not the same for everyone.

Problem Carries over to Iron Front

I'm running a fairly new pc.

Intel i5 3570k, GF GTX 670, 8gb ram and an SSD. Not overclocked.

Singleplayer runs perfectly, locked at 60 FPS with everything maxed out.

Go into multiplayer (Warfare) I get 45 fps at 1000 view distance (still very much playable), turn it up to 4000 and I get 25fps (playable but far from smooth).

GPU and all 4 CPU cores working at 35%. Que?

Been reading about this on a lot of forums, not one with any ideas?

What seems to help on my fps is:

alt+tab to windows and back to game

or

1) alt+tab to windows

2) start another instance of arma2 wait until it loads to main menu

3) alt+tab back to first instance

4) alt+tab back to 2nd instance and exit it

5) return to the first instance now with better fps (but still depends on server fps, scene complexity)

In mp warfare on Chernorus in late game where client fps drops to unplayable level, this might have to be repeated several times during the game to "clear" the fps back to a higher level.

It seems like the client fps is clogging up with time...dunno if it's some memory leak, engine limitation or "lazy" programming.

I hope this problem is not ported to Arma3...