Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: [SP] Close Air Support (A Random AH-6 Assault Mission)

Here's my effort...

Here if the embed doesn't work!
    Last edited by Jedra; Nov 10 2011 at 06:35.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

nearestLocation [(getPos player), "nameCity"];
    Author of the Thread
    Nice!

I see you guys are constantly moving, which is generally a good thing.

My style is a bit different though, i usually go into hover (preferably behind a hill or something) and observe the area. Once i spotted something i go for an attack run, then back to cover, hover and repeat. (Maybe i'll make a video too)

More easy to evaluate the situation and spot targets that way, especially infantry groups are hard to see while moving and focusing on the heli controls.

On the down side i'm an easy target while hovering and there is not always good cover present in the AO. (Like in your video - all flatland).

Just used to that style from countless hours of Apache/Viper/Cobra flying in ArmA...

I tried the hover approach, but in the terrain I got it was suicide! The friendly helo didn't last very long - and it didn't succumb to friendly fire like some ;-)

EDIT ----> sxp2High, I keep meaning to ask what you use for recording radio communications. I have tried a few (admittedly free) voice to text apps and they don't sound as good as the ones that you produce even with editing in sounjd software.
    Last edited by Jedra; Nov 10 2011 at 07:18.

video removed due to copyright, did you use some music? Any chance or a new upload.

edit: 20 seconds later it works. Ty.
    Last edited by Orford; Nov 10 2011 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Orford View Post
    video removed due to copyright, did you use some music? Any chance or a new upload.

edit: 20 seconds later it works. Ty.
    Yeah - I forgot my in game music would breach copyright somewhere. I got an email about it from youtube, but they seem to still be allowing it. Perhaps EMI think Meatloaf needs the publicity! They advertise the album on iTunes next to it so I guess that's fair!

nearestLocation [(getPos player), "nameCity"];
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    what you use for recording radio communications
    The sounds in CAS are from ArmA 2 OA. In the "dubbingradio_e" is a ton of radio sounds.

I just merged them together and slightly edited them... I'm using Magix Video deluxe MX, which has an preset radio audio effect, to make voices sound more radio like.

Two other tts sites i now of:
    http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
    http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php

Hope that helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    Yeah - I forgot my in game music would breach copyright somewhere. I got an email about it from youtube, but they seem to still be allowing it. Perhaps EMI think Meatloaf needs the publicity! They advertise the album on iTunes next to it so I guess that's fair!
    yeah here in germany almost every video including some music isn't available. No problem for me though - I just use a proxy^^

Quote Originally Posted by sxp2high View Post
    The sounds in CAS are from ArmA 2 OA. In the "dubbingradio_e" is a ton of radio sounds.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Yeah that's great thanks. I'm using Logic Pro and Soundbooth so I now have all the tools needed without having to buy a licence for a 'good voice'. Cheers.

Second Lieutenant
    Oh I hate Meatloaf! Deep Purple would be better choose IMO
    I don't use a pump to scare somebody. I use a pump to shoot somebody.
    -Travis Haley - Magpul Dynamics - Art of the Dynamic Shotgun

1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon magazine... OH! There it is!
    -Christ Costa - Art of the Art of the Tactical Carbine 1

Quote Originally Posted by 4 IN 1 View Post
    Oh I hate Meatloaf! Deep Purple would be better choose IMO
    I'm not a big fan, I just thought that Bat out of Hell would be appropriate for my first helicopter attack mission!! It seemed to work as previous attempts ended in disaster! Perhaps something for the Army Air Corps to think about!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast