shay_gman

MCC Sandbox - The Mod

Mission Control Center Sandbox (MCC Sandbox). MOD Version (SP/MP Vanila/ACE)

So what is MCC Sandbox exactly?

It is freedom. In this 2MB addon you'll find the power to create, control, alter and spice your missions on the run. You'll have the power to change and surprise your friends every time you'll play. You can use it a mainframe for mission making, as a strain test tool for mission making or even as a cheat tool for SP.

You'll get a 3D editor, box generator, time control, weather control, fog control, you'll spawn enemy or friendly units asking them to patrol a zone or ambush the players, you'll call for paratroops, create IED, suicide bombers, hostile civilians, place ambushes, call a UAV, a ULB, place a hostage, call for more then 10 types of artillery and CAS missions to aid your friend or to harm them, create triggers, play music or sound, create briefings, tasks, markers, spawn an LHD , spawn some vehicles on it, call for evac, start a HALO and much much much more. You'll be able to save it and load it on later on the run.

As Spirit put it in his own words:

MCC is a dynamic, real time, in-game mission-creation tool. It enables people to build missions on-the-fly whilst in game and change mission parameters to match the reactions of progress of the players.

MCC is capable of "saving" a mission and load it up on the server without using any FTP but by simple use of the clipboard. This means missions can be created out of the dedicated server and loaded up to play.

From inside the mission, you can open a mission making interface that allows you place units on the map, create waypoints and briefing markers, call in CAS missions, artillery, support or whatever you feel like, the possibilities are endless.

MCC is used to create both Coop and PVP missions. Its capable of using respawn on and off, including providing a spectator script.

MCC makes use of a mission maker. Only one person at a time is capable of creating or interfering with the mission by login in to the mission making tool. That person is also capable of logging out again and giving somebody else a go on mission making. That way you don't need to distribute admin access for players to make or manage their missions.

Did you guys make all of this yourself?

No, by all means we would be totally grey an bold. We used, with permission, a lot of good content from the community. We also used a lot of work from our self of course. Initially this project was started by Spirit and slowly went into combined effort with me. As said before I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.

So thanks:

1. Spirit for creating it and guiding me through.

2. Monsada, for his UPSMON script.

3. Mandoble, for his heliroute script.

4. Tuskan Raider, for his Arresting gear script.

5. Bon for his Advanced Artillery Request script.

6. DTM2801 for his Convoy Control Script.

7. TiGGA for his ILS Pro II.

8. iOnOs for his RTE.

9. Sickboy, Vking without them there was no MCC.

10. BIS

11. Ollem for helping developing and expanding MCC.

11. An endless list of people we forgot

Instructions:

Basically all you have to do is run the mod and you'll get a "mission generator" action in the action menu on every single or multiplayer mission.

If you want to confine which players or roles can access MCC you can do it by placing the MCC sandbox module in the 2d editor.

Then you can either sync units to it, only those units will have the MCC access, or you can set a variable to the module with the name of the players which have access to the module.

this setvariable ["names",["shay_gman","Spirit"]];

If you want to let anyone access to MCC just don't put the module.

How do I install this?

MCC is a mod, it's required CBA for it to work. Just drop the @mcc_sandbox folder in the ArmA folder and use a launcher or the BIS addon selecting tool to run it. Place the bikey file in the keys folder.

ACE is strongly recommended as some features are exclusive to ACE, but MCC will work without it.

How do I use this?

Well once you'll start a mission, any mission you'll have mission generator action in the action menu. Just click it.

You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3370000/manual-mcc-pdf-december-20-2011-8-06-pm-4-5-meg?da=y

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kar8h9e4dmu6ik8/%40mcc_sandbox.rar - Dropbox mirror

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15546&a=dl -Armaholic Mirror

Some Media:

Dva1gtmNLJU

cEVa-51N-00

ZSefB9YpaHw

wfe3Juv3lzA

Tutorial video links:

- Tutorial by Zdiddy

- Tutorial part 1

- Tutorial part 2

- Tutorial part 3

- Tutorial part 4

- IED module tutorial

- Constuction module tutorial

- High Command tutorial

- Some features

- Som more features

Old MCC mission thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112854&highlight=mcc

change log:

MCC mod r.10 change log:

Group Generator:

- Mission maker stuck on Group's Generator screen sometimes.

- Markers are no longer visible for others then the mission maker.

HALO & Paratroop:

- Players will no longer stuck on parachuting animation once on the ground.

- Player will no longer take damage on SF HALO once teleported to the plane.

Artillery:

- Added to Mission maker console DPICM and Laser guided bombs.

- Fixed Bon artillery from MCC handheld console wasn't working on dedicated servers.

Convoy:

- Fixed spawning convoy with an HVT wasn't working.

- Optimized the convoy script to have much higher success rate.

ULB:

- Fixed spawning Hellfire AH-64 instead of the Sidewinders version.

General:

- Fixed the error appear once a zone was created or updated in any other menu then the first.

MCC mod r.9 change log:

- Fixed concoy won't shoot

- Convoy behavior changed, less failure chance

- Added: support for RH M4 weapons in silencer script

MCC mod r.8 change log:

- Fixed Evac not landing on smoke

- Fixed Evac not returning to LHD

- Fixed Evac will land on the LHD start position and not in the middle of the runway

- Added: LHD elevator inspired by Charles Darwin

- Added: LHD start position for players

- Added: LHD markers when spawned

- Added: Rotate zone - By Ollem

- Added: Patrol zones - By Ollem - AI will patrol randomly between the WP in this zone

- Added: Respawn zones - By Ollem - AI will keep respawning in the zone after they have died constatly or for limted times

- Removed: LHD teleport to sea level and back, use the eleveator to get down to the sea level.

MCC mod r.7 change log:

- Fixed CAS plane tend to stay after the CAS mission

- Garrison - force units to stand up in the buildings.

- Enabled ACE AI wounds.

- Added IED can be detonated by ACE C4, satchel charge or M109 Anti-material rife.

- Added Waypoints and group generator.

- Added unit managment para jump or HALO based on the idea of realistic paradrop by DAP.

- Added placing the MCC access module will disable access to MCC for all players but: Admins, unit synced and player's name list.

- Added MCC Console (classname MCC_Console) buy picking this item the player will have limit access to CAS,Airdrops, Evac chopper, artillery and UAV - all depends on the mission maker will.

Updated the PDF manual.

- Added silencer script for BAF/UKF weapons

Updated Manual.

MCC mod r.6 change log:

- Fixed CAS plane tend to stay after the CAS mission

- Garrison - force units to stand up in the buildings.

- Enabled ACE AI wounds.

- Added IED can be detonated by ACE C4, satchel charge or M109 Anti-material rife.

- Added Waypoints and group generator.

- Added unit managment para jump or HALO based on the idea of realistic paradrop by DAP.

- Added placing the MCC access module will disable access to MCC for all players but: Admins, unit synced and player's name list.

- Added MCC Console (classname MCC_Console) buy picking this item the player will have limit access to CAS,Airdrops, Evac chopper, artillery and UAV - all depends on the mission maker will.

Updated the PDF manual.

- Added silencer script for BAF/UKF weapons

MCC mod r.6 change log:

-Fixed saving

-Added evac option for free landing (AI will land on empty space next to the LZ)

-Added evac smoke landing. Mark your LZ with smoke for precise landing.

MCC mod r.3 change log:

CAS:

-Fixed ACE cas wasn't working.

-Added Helicopters as CAS.

-A-10 gun run stoped working, replaced with Seek And Destroy command. The aircraft will engage any hostile unit for a short period of time

before exfiling.

-Aircraft crew are now reltive to the vehicle and not civilians.

-Each CAS will spawn two aircraft in formation instead of one (thought it will be more realistic).

-New UI for calling CAS. Drag and hold left mouse button across the map to paint the CAS area and approach.

IED:

-Fix disabling IED to work with or without ACE.

- Disabling IED will disable vehicles and also cause infantry to black out

Unit Managment Fixed Wing Transpot:

-Made the transaction to HALO jump or regular jump more smooth.

EASA:

-Added ACE EASA to the 3D editor.

Modules:

-Added game logic "mcc SF" syncronize unit to it to add the "attach/detach weapon's silencer" action to the synced units.

-Added game logic "mcc UC" syncronize unit to it to mark the synced units as undercover agents.

----------- Reserved for further info --------MCC mod r.11 change log:

MCC Changelog:

- Load/save mission config changed to allow restore in latest 1.62 beta's

(To Do: writing config to arma logfile in case dedicated server config should be saved)

- automatic Suunto open/close for both HALO paradrops if AceEnabled

- automatic viewdistance increase/reduction during HALO jump

- old mcc config (based on mod) should load successfully too

- HALO parastart -> up to 18 SF should fit in C130 now

- jumpmaster for HALO Parastart

- Gunrun improved - should work in most cases now

- Gunrun works for nearly all CAS planes/choppers now

- 2 new 'logic modules':

1st module: allows to disable Teleport at start: if placed units will not be auto teleported to start location - which is usefull in case of combination of pre-edited mission file which e.g. places sniper team already at right location.

2nd module: when placed will always enable Teleport To Team - usefull for training missions

- modified the SF dependent code to be more flexible: any unit who's name starts with sf.. is considered SF (so now even SF20 is considered SF. (and same for UnderCover: any unit who's name starts with UC..)

- included option to have HALO start location based on sync to MCC SF module rather then being dependent on only name.

- Headless Client support: zones, UPSMON, 3d editor, FPS display

- Finally found a way to completely get rid of nearly all the STR_DOC error messages in the rpt

- MCC GUI shows feedback current mission date and time

- MCC GUI shows feedback current viewdstance

Edited by shay_gman
  • Like 1

Oh, this is WAY too cool! You just made ALL of my mission-making (read- fussing about in the editor) a LOT easier! Good on you!

However, I have one concern- You don't seem to have added the kitchen sink. Considering the wide range of porcelain and plumbing-based functionalities it adds, this is an outright travesty.

/badjokes

But, yeah. Soon as I can, I'll give this a go. Day = Made.

Removed F2 and ACE dependency

SUPERB ! Thanks guys ! .... gonna get this NOW. Hopefully I'll be a total MCC convert now and won't have to rely on VTS. Keep up the good work!

Edit: You'll have to put the files into an 'addons' subfolder within the mod (for those that don't know how to make addons work)

Edited by Kremator

Yeh removing those dependancies is a good move.

I was quite taken with what you accomplished with previous versions and look forward to giving this a spin later, thanks.

Great News, cant wait to test it.

I have only one question.

In the script version there was a bug which set an hijaked ki to player, even after returning back to player unit the hijaked ki was listed as player, so an second hijak of this unit was impossible.

Did you get fixed that?

greetings

Why go the addon route?

Why not keep both mission and addon version?

I myself had some serious thought about it. I decided to convert it into an addon because:

1. The procedure to add addons and keep them up to date is simplified (thanks BIS and Sickboy) you can now use addon and keep them up to date more easily.

2. Some players and especially communities like to make their own unit structures and gear layout MCC as a mission forced them to use my unit structure and gear layouts. So now they can make their own tamplate (F2 or not) and still have MCC in it.

3. Those that use MCC as a framework for 2D editor missions. Will have much easier life now, they won't need to merge files anymore as MCC will work for them in any mission.

4. This will also save time for those who use MCC as a strain test tool.

The mission version will still be supported but the addon is one step forward.

Great News, cant wait to test it.

I have only one question.

In the script version there was a bug which set an hijaked ki to player, even after returning back to player unit the hijaked ki was listed as player, so an second hijak of this unit was impossible.

Did you get fixed that?

greetings

Mmm I think it still there, I don't know if that can be fixed and I would gladly take any advice regarding it. As I disclaimed before: "Hijack option is not native to MP environment and may cause some to allot bugs and strange behavior, use with caution"

There is also the problem of some Air Dropped ammo boxes never making it to the ground with betas, only without does it work, which i find odd, and with the -massive- list of -major- improvements, it's really hard to justify playing without the betas atm.

Thx for the good works mates.

I m wondering about using this version (the MOD version) on a dedicated server.

Still have access DENIED when i try to build a unit.

Of course i m the only player in the map and logged in as ADMIN

I can only make and update some zone. All others features return "ACCES DENIED"

Any idea ?

UPDATE : Finding a solution : pressLOGIN button before create a zone... Works great... well done !

Edited by GToF

This looks like a really nice sandbox tool :) just my thing. Will try this out definitely tonight.

I myself had some serious thought about it. I decided to convert it into an addon because:

1. The procedure to add addons and keep them up to date is simplified (thanks BIS and Sickboy) you can now use addon and keep them up to date more easily.

2. Some players and especially communities like to make their own unit structures and gear layout MCC as a mission forced them to use my unit structure and gear layouts. So now they can make their own tamplate (F2 or not) and still have MCC in it.

3. Those that use MCC as a framework for 2D editor missions. Will have much easier life now, they won't need to merge files anymore as MCC will work for them in any mission.

4. This will also save time for those who use MCC as a strain test tool.

The mission version will still be supported but the addon is one step forward.

Thanks for the clarification.

I wish you good luck in your new endeavor.

Is the addon required both client side and server side?

Thanks for the clarification.

I wish you good luck in your new endeavor.

Is the addon required both client side and server side?

Yes this addon required server side.

MCC Has some respawn functions and what not, if I remember it correctly.

Will this interfere with whatever settings the mission allready is using? (MSO, ACE revives etc)

MCC Has some respawn functions and what not, if I remember it correctly.

Will this interfere with whatever settings the mission allready is using? (MSO, ACE revives etc)

Well in the mission's setting inside MCC you can define the paramters for respawn on/off or ACE revive if ACE is enabled but it required the respwan will be on (in description.ext).

Anyway, if you won't mess with it during the game it won't overide the mission 2d respawn.

Go get them Shay and dont be modest. I am already long forgotten history:D. Its you who made possible diamant shine so you take that credits.

Go for it Shay!

This sounds like a fantastic addon. Wish I had tried the mission version now!

Just to make sure that I am reading this right. I can have this tool running when I am making a mission with the editor and use the 3D mode to place objects? That I can also change MP missions I play with friends on the fly?

If so, absolutely fantastic work sir!

This sounds like a fantastic addon. Wish I had tried the mission version now!

Just to make sure that I am reading this right. I can have this tool running when I am making a mission with the editor and use the 3D mode to place objects? That I can also change MP missions I play with friends on the fly?

If so, absolutely fantastic work sir!

Yup you are reading just fine mate. :rolleyes:

Hey, don't know if this is a known issue or not, but group selection for non-vanilla factions seems to be a little off. Some user-made factions' groups just don't show up in the spawn menu, even if they're present in the regular editor. It seems like this may have something to do with how groups are created in an addon's config file, but as I'm not terribly code-savvy, I can't be sure of that.

Beyond that, though, I'm having a BLAST with this mod. Just spent enough time NOT killing people with flying trucks in the 3D editor to learn how to add units to my squad, so my possibilities have seriously opened up. Hellooooo massive joint-ops missions!

So when I click save, do I just paste that into a mission.sqm file? Still trying to learn here, some of the interface is hard to understand.

NO

when you klick save you can paste it into a document (ie *.txt)

to load it you have to copy the content of the file and press then LOAD in MCC

when you want use it as a 3d editor (paste into a mission.sqm) you have to use the RTE addon

Hey shay awesome work again! But just to clear something up.. The server needs the mod and the person making the mission. But does every player need the mod too? cheers

Hey shay awesome work again! But just to clear something up.. The server needs the mod and the person making the mission. But does every player need the mod too? cheers

Yes every client need that mod. I should PM Sickboy and ask him to add it into SU.

Hey, don't know if this is a known issue or not, but group selection for non-vanilla factions seems to be a little off. Some user-made factions' groups just don't show up in the spawn menu, even if they're present in the regular editor. It seems like this may have something to do with how groups are created in an addon's config file, but as I'm not terribly code-savvy, I can't be sure of that.

MCC read configs if you can provide a mod that the groups appear in 2D and not in MCC I would look into the configs and see if I can improve the code for that.

So when I click save, do I just paste that into a mission.sqm file? Still trying to learn here, some of the interface is hard to understand.

I strongly suggest reading the PDF tutorial there are lots of functions hidden in the 4 menus there. I'll try to support as best as I can through the forum.

Edited by shay_gman

MCC read configs if you can provide a mod that the groups appear in 2D and not in MCC I would look into the configs and see if I can improve the code for that.

Certainly; as of my most recent testing, I can verify this problem with both Vilas' Polish forces addon and his weaponholders pack. I don't think the issue is relegated to just Vilas' work, mind you, but those are the only ones I can confirm off of the top of my head. Hope it helps.