Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Mission 10 - The Take Down

Mission 10 - The Take Down

Spoilers...

Spoiler:

I'm in expert mode by the way if that makes any difference.

2.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #2
    Fly close to him for a while. (50-70m) He should get scarred and will stop.

yeh i was in about 20 m away, right under him in fact trying not to flare up into him. Would have been better above him, I guess in real life if you could match and fly directly above another chopper you would disrupt it's lift but possibly your own as well. I remember reading a book by a Royal Navy Lynx pilot that said occasionally the Seaking SAR bird would pass above them and cause a momentary loss of lift whilst trying to land back on a carrier.

I'm having problems here too. As soon as i deploy the rope to insert the team my helicopter immediately crashes down on ground?

Well got this problem solved. Need to use mouse to deploy robe but when you not hit ALT too it fucks up your helicopter. Nice game design, really. Would prefer a simple kb key for special actions.

But now i'm really stuck, Hayden got away, have to reload and after reloading my toon hangs in the main rotor and can't move anymore. Really all these bugs and shortcommings in mission design render the game slowly useless for me. Hope there is some patch incomming that fixes a couple of these annoyances.
    Last edited by DocMoriarty; Nov 12 2011 at 23:19.

5.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #5
    Well got this problem solved. Need to use mouse to deploy robe but when you not hit ALT too it fucks up your helicopter. Nice game design, really. Would prefer a simple kb key for special actions.
    That is why this keyboard shortcut exists (2xR - default Rope Interaction)

But now i'm really stuck, Hayden got away, have to reload and after reloading my toon hangs in the main rotor and can't move anymore.
    We hope to address auto-saving in a future patch.
    Bohemia Interactive
    Arma 3 - Project Lead
    Watch us, tweet us, poke us

Take On Helicopters - Project Lead
    Take On Noisecontrollers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
    Spoilers...

Spoiler:

I'm in expert mode by the way if that makes any difference.
    There is a subtle detail, I've found with this mission.

Spoiler:

In my earlier try, I was taking way too much time at the container compound to succeed. You have to achieve the last requirement "Ground Haydon" or you can't proceed.