Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1443/patrolheader.png (264 kB)

Hi Everyone,

Inspired by Takistan Force, Patrol Ops is a 32 Player dynamic, random mission series that is great for both Mass Public Play and Clan Tactical Gaming.

Missions are randomly dynamic, with enemy force strength scaled to match the number of players connected so as to challenge players appropriately.

To play Patrol Ops all you need is: ARMA 2 Vanilla Combined Operations

The same mission pbo also supports ACE and ACRE and will adapt the gameplay and equipment to match the servers settings.

Player Class types denote access to specific gear and vehicles to strengthen the realism.

A focus on co-operative team based gameplay is the principle of Patrol Ops

On behalf of the Online Combat Battalion Australia, we hope you enjoy this mission style and please visit us at http://www.ocb.net.au

Patrol Ops Project files:DEV-Heaven Files

Armaholic mirror:Patrol Operations 2

OCB Forum:OCB Patrol Ops

Features are outlined below:

Mission Types

Capture:

- Officer

- Town

- Vehicle

Locate and Capture:

- Officer

RTF Tasks:

- Deliver Supply Containers

- Construct Comms Tower

Search and Destroy:

- Weapons Cache

- Insurgent Camps

- Chemical Facility

- Supply Convoy

- Supply Depot

- UAV (Time Sensitive)

- Radar

- Scud (Time Sensitive)

- Comms Tower

Search and Recover:

- Crashed Blackhawk

- Downed Pilot

- P.O.Ws

Mission Features

- Auto Detect ACE to add ACE weapons to weapons box

- Auto Detect ACRE to add radios to weapons box

- Mission adjustable Start Time

- Cursor Target Nametags

- Depolyable Mobile HQ

- Player Battlespace hud

- Player Team Hud

- Players can respawn at Base on Death

- Players can respawn at Deployed MHQ on Death

- Players can move to Deployed MHQ on JIP

- Players can field repair vehicles

- Players keep gear after respawn

- Players get notified of a new task

- 3rd person is restricted for players not in a vehicle

- OA backpacks

- Loadable Ammoboxes

- Ace weapon boxes

- Helicopters can perform Airdrops

- Rank System

- Working as a team gets you points

- Class based gear restriction

- ACE wounds can be turned on/off

- Alternate Wounding System to ACE

- First Aid for all players

- Ability to apply First Aid to Self between certain thresholds

- Ambient IEDs

- AI recruitment

- Intro/Outro sequence

- Liftchoppers can lift vehicles

- Demolition targets by C4 only

- Vehicles can be repaired and rearmed

- Added extra Logistics for Static Weapons, Defences and ammoboxes

- Added ability to question civillians for intel on current mission

Server Startup Options

- Mission: Operation Time

- Mission: Number of Operations

- Player: Limitation of Class

- Player: Injury Tolerance

- Player: Use ACE Wounds

- Player: Restrict 3rd Person

- Player: Rank System

- Gear: Restrict by Rank

- MISSION: Enemy Difficulty

- MISSION: Enable Player Airdrop Ability

- MISSION: Enable Lift Chopper

- MISSION: Enable Recruitable AI

- Ambient: Roadside IED Potential

- Ambient: Civilians

Special Thanks:

- BIS for Arma Series

- BON_Inf for alot of Code, Support and Inspiration from Taksitan Force

- XENO for Code and Inspiration from Domination 2

- Kochleffel for Vehicle And Squad Team Hud

- Code34 for Advanced Hint System and adaption of Vehicle/squad Hud

- [OCB]Kev for his knowledge and code examples

- Shuko for Task System and Position

- R3F for Respawn GUI and Logistics Code

- Ei8ght and Mike-USA for Sampled Base Layouts

- ArmA 2 Community for support and solutions

Note to mission makers:

Patrol Ops is designed to be as easy as possible to modify and port to different maps and mods.

I'll be posting up instructions and all our variants of Patrol Ops in the Dev-Heaven Project Space

Edited by roy86
Updated Title and Release Details

WOW this sounds great can't wait to load it up!

Edit: I see you have I44 in the config area, can it be converted or is that future?

Edited by vengeance1

I see you have I44 in the config area, can it be converted or is that future?

;) thats the plan.

Mods that are supported so far are AAW, I44, Duala and more to come. I'll post up those versions once i've worked out the base layouts properly.

I'll have instructions for modders and mission makers to convert Patrol Ops to include their own mods and maps as they wish.

Nice work but (..)

As some parts of WIT (war in takistan) were used and refactored, i appreciated that you ask me before publish the mission, if you can use the code (like other developpers did) ;) or at least mention it into your credits.

Edited by code34

I apologise code34. I have used your advanced hint code and parts of your adaption of kochleffels team hud in the original version of patrol ops which was private use and written a long time ago. I had forgot about its usage in the sequel. i have complete respect for the ArmA community and all the support and assistance it has for mission makers. I'll update all credits to include your name as a reference.

Edited by roy86

I hope i can also borrow some piece of your code because i like the code that do it well in the simplest and clearest way :D

Your more than welcome to mate. This mission was made with the help of the community so it belongs to the community.

I tried to right it as functions so others could adapt it in their missions. I'm writing some notes for developers on all the files to explain their usage and how to modify. I hope to have these done soon.

Edited by roy86

Quick question as I play on LAN with one other player. How can I recruit AI in the game, is there a building or menu? Also by turning off the class/rank system does that mean I can recruit from the start?

Thanks, mission looks great. Sink some hours into this w/e!

Quick question as I play on LAN with one other player. How can I recruit AI in the game, is there a building or menu? Also by turning off the class/rank system does that mean I can recruit from the start?

There is a barracks at base that has the option to recruit units to your squad. It is marked on the map as a black rectangle with an "X" through it.

This is BONs recruit units code he shared with the community. Squad limits are set at 10 (players + AI). I plan to make this limit a variable at a later date.

Edited by roy86
limit add

roy86 you may have already run into this but I ran into this error with Recruit, I changed it and now seems to work fine.

//[_unit] execVM (mps_path+"recruit\recruit_unit_init.sqf");

[_unit] execVM (mps_path+"mps_func_recruit_unit_init.sqf");

Thanks for the heads up. Got a fix in place and will update the pbos tonight.

Sweet, I love stuff like this. I just need to find the right people to play with--haha. Keep up the great work. :D

Great work...seems just what would be good for a small server..really like the options for missions and being able to have them random..a great mix..thanks for the hard work and the release!

JC

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Included are updated credits in game, a couple of code fixes and updated the comments in the sqf files as well so you know where they were sourced and to explain some stuff for mission makers.

PATROL OPS UPDATED TO 2.01

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/patrol-ops/files

Also a 2 new missions including AAW Units and Vehicles

Chernarus and Takistan

Hope you enjoy,

just tried it with ace/acre.

- the default radio isn't working for acre and ingame radio commands.

- backbag (and its content) isn't saved on respawn.

- mission capture Sadat Noori is an error in the taskdescription, says "somewhere in Location NameVillage"

couldn't test it further due to server problems :butbut:

Edited by Noricum

hmm we played it yesterday with acre, no problems.

Roy86,

Not sure if you ran across this but in v2.01 you added this comment before the If statement for Recruit, I remove it and it now works fine.

// Target not pick up if ({_cursTarget isKindOf _x} count ["Base_WarfareBBarracks"] > 0) then { _recruit_units = _cursTarget addaction ["<t color=""#FFc600"">Recruit Unit</t>",(mps_path+"action\mps_recruit_dialog.sqf"),[],-1,true,true,"",""]; };

Vengeance

just tried it with ace/acre.

- the default radio isn't working for acre and ingame radio commands.

- backbag (and its content) isn't saved on respawn.

couldn't test it further due to server problems :butbut:

Try any other radio other than the one ACRE equips you with at start. found in a number of other missions that the default doesn't work. Not sure if its ACRE or mission code.

ACRE is an awesome addition, at OCB we run with the 148 UHF with the 117 for long range comms.

Roy86,

Not sure if you ran across this but in v2.01 you added this comment before the If statement for Recruit, I remove it and it now works fine.

// Target not pick up if ({_cursTarget isKindOf _x} count ["Base_WarfareBBarracks"] > 0) then { _recruit_units = _cursTarget addaction ["<t color=""#FFc600"">Recruit Unit</t>",(mps_path+"action\mps_recruit_dialog.sqf"),[],-1,true,true,"",""]; };

Vengeance

Hey, added the // as i added the action directly to the barracks but taking it off will just give you the same action so either way is fine.

just updated my post above, just to let you know.

Btw nice job, we played (and i changed some things) your Quom version.

Ok Roy86 just figured that out thanks, was looking for the Yellow "Recruit" like before.

Thanks

Hey I found this error when I tried to Pack Tower

[nil, _tower, "per", rADDACTION, "Pack Tower", (mps_path+"moveable\action\mps_tower_pack.sqf"), [], 1, true, true, "", ""] call RE;

Not sure if "moveable" should be there as I don't see that directory.

Edited by vengeance1

Ok Roy86 just figured that out thanks, was looking for the Yellow "Recruit" like before.

Thanks

Hey I found this error when I tried to Pack Tower

[nil, _tower, "per", rADDACTION, "Pack Tower", (mps_path+"moveable\action\mps_tower_pack.sqf"), [], 1, true, true, "", ""] call RE;

Not sure if "moveable" should be there as I don't see that directory.

Ah yeah :p changed the folder structure of patrol and no one ever packed the tower before. I'll ammend that for the next version. In the meantime, just don't deploy the tower until you reach the objective summit.

So we (8 ppl) finally had a chance to give the mission a shot the other night. Had a great time and are looking forward to play it again - I am sure we only saw the tip of the iceberg yet.

Two things that were a little confusing, though:

1. We played three missions, and neither was challenging. In the first mission we encountered two infantry squads, a UAZ and a BMP. The BMP was the most dangerous unit we encountered, but wasn't really a threat to us. In the second mission, which was located somewhere at the other end of the map, we encountered only 2 infantry squads in total. So it took us about 40 minutes to regroup and move to the new location where our two snipers could easily take out all the resistance to succeed in the task.
  2. What, however, was really challenging, was the air patrols. Two to three Su-25 were circling around the map, gave our transport pilot a hell of a day. Their AA missiles are so damn overpowered, the pilot actually never brought his aircraft back to base, was always shot down. So maybe here it would be better to decrease the number enemy aircrafts, change the aircraft type or remove their AA arms. Or rename the parameter from "Air patrols" to "Make your pilot's day a nightmare".

In the third mission we had to gather intel about a weapons cache that was located somewhere in Takistan. So some packed their helicopters to reckon the area for enemies, while others organized an ATV race around the home base - nice job with the base, btw. So much love for the detail, very impressive. And I won the race!!!

The enemy spotted in certain villages were no threat at all, but their corpses disappeared before we were able to search them for information. So we could hardly succeed in this mission.

All in all very nice job, and thanks for all the credits you gave me, though I don't really see why I deserve them after all :)

The rest probably is just fine tuning, take your time and test, test, test. This mission definitely will become a standard for our spontaneous friday ArmA sessions.

Thanks a lot.

hf.

P.S.: Oh, and my nick actually is Bon_Inf, with an "n". :p

Thank you for the feedback Bon_InF.

Credit must go where its due. I learnt the basis of my knowledge of SQF programming from you and TFOR is a great mission. Patrol Ops would never have existed without your examples and coding style.

The specifics on the feedback help greatly with tailoring the missions and ambience to better suit the community and i'm glad you and others so far are enjoying it.

I am including a new feature to question civilians for intel on any mission in the next release to involve more interaction with the environment.

Cheers and keep the feedback coming,

Guys, what were your server fps during tryouts?

I've tried a mission with only one player joined, but my server fps were about minimal barrier of 15-18.

Rechecked with other usual missions (incl. TFOR) - and server has shown usual performance within 30-40 fps.

Tried to disable ambient civilians for 'Patrol Ops' - but server fps has gone up just a little, hitting 20fps.

--

Mission's content & capabilities sounds great from the description, btw :)

can't take another radio, because there's only one in the box (acre param disabled).

- sometimes we need to restart the mission, because we don't get a task.

- ACE WOUNDS isn't working (no option to examine/heal others).

1nsider, we have also low fps on our server (about 9-12).

Edited by Noricum