Sign in to follow this  
roy86

Patrol Operations 2

I've got a problem (I think) with POv2.05 Takistan CO ACE_USMC+Wounds. The AT guy and I'm guessing other special classes too don't get the weapon selection they should from the ammobox e.g. only the M72 shows and not the Javelin or anything else that should be available to that class. Is there a problem with it?

Edited by clydefrog

I've got a problem (I think) with POv2.05 Takistan CO ACE_USMC+Wounds. The AT guy and I'm guessing other special classes too don't get the weapon selection they should from the ammobox e.g. only the M72 shows and not the Javelin or anything else that should be available to that class. Is there a problem with it?

I think I've pretty much fixed the above problem. This version of Patrol Ops for some reason does not have ACE USMC Desert set as the faction and there is no config for it even though this is the default faction used for the player side, so I have had to copy it over from the 2.04 version to the 2.05 version.

Now I've noticed another problem with it, all SO (soldier) and NA (default) class units are seeing the weapons for the SN (sniper) class in the ammobox, any ideas as to why this is happening?

There seems to be many problems with this version, also now I have noticed that the ACE wounds items are not showing up in the ammo box and when I add them to the pool that has stuff available for everybody I got an error message about "ACE_Bandage" and none of the wounds stuff I added shows up.

Edited by clydefrog

Hey,

Will patrol Ops still be updated or is this the final release? Because MSO contains several new PO tasks that arent included in 2.05, for example the Air missions or alternate and improved target capture. I tried to extract these and make them compatible to POv2.05 but hell, these are MSO-adapted and use a whole bunch of new variables and I am far from being a skilled scripter so... I couldnt get it to work even after days of trying.

I dont want to use this with MSO because it is just... too much of addons and scripts sometimes and I have some serious issues with that package. I like a more slim script package where I cant see through, so patrol ops is just perfect. But over time you want more so I wondered if the MSO PO tasks could be converted to POv2.05.

Will these be added in the future? Is there a way to add them to POv2.05 or maybe has somebody already done it?

Edited by Dar

Hi Dar,

I'm focused on developing PO3 at this time and hope to make it available soon. Many new tasks and features which will be available for A2 and A3.

Cheers,

That sounds awesome.

Will it be easy to add to the old one or a complete new structure? Because I spend a significant amount of time in creating numerous PO missions for me and my guys on different maps. So it would be nice to know if it will be simple to add the new stuff to old PO based scenarios or having to start from the scratch again. Because I am still busy making these missions and would stop and wait for PO3 if it is a complete new thing.

Anyway, great work. Keep it up.

Its a whole new framework, basically a full rebuild of PO, but rebuilding your custom tasks shouldn't take long though. Same theory, simpler syntax.

Keep an eye on progress through the ocb website. new set of testing nights will be scheduled soon.

Hey there!

I love PO2, it makes nice, balanced games for me and my friends!

Only thing tough is that i've seen on DevHeaven that you "released" a few BAF versions of the maps.

I love BAF, and i would really love being able to play PO as BAF soldiers and all their cool stuff, but i've searched everywhere on the internet and i cant find the missions anywhere!

Did you actually upload them anywhere? If so, where can i get them?

Thank you!

Salutation from Canada...

I love PO2, it makes nice, balanced games for me and my friends!

Only thing tough is that i've seen on DevHeaven that you "released" a few BAF versions of the maps.

I love BAF, and i would really love being able to play PO as BAF soldiers and all their cool stuff, but i've searched everywhere on the internet and i cant find the missions anywhere!

Did you actually upload them anywhere? If so, where can i get them?

Hi Jimmilesith,

Thanks for the positive feedback, i'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.

The BAF editions were 2.04 and removed when updating to 2.05. I just didn't have the time to get it done for that faction.

PO3 is well on its way to be nearly completed and I'll make a note to ensure that I have a release available for each faction in A2CO.

In the meantime, its not too had to port PO2 yourself, if your up for it, by changing the default configs to BAF and replacing the units/vehicles in the editor.

Cheers,

Thanks for the quick answer! Its my pleasure to provide feedback.

Just one last question, do you plan on sometime making a multi-faction version? Like BAF and USMC/US Army combined? Just curious.

And im glad to hear that PO3 is almost done! Im eager to test it out on A3!

Just one last question, do you plan on sometime making a multi-faction version? Like BAF and USMC/US Army combined?

Cannot promise anything at this point. If there is enough interest in a faction(s)/map, i'll release a version for it.

Cheers,

Cannot promise anything at this point. If there is enough interest in a faction(s)/map, i'll release a version for it.

Cheers,

USMC + US Army would be pretty sweet, if you did USMC though make sure the ACE version is the ACE desert MARPAT marines:D! Something MSO failed at :(

Also a logistics demand like in MSO would be cool.

Edited by Zaksle75

Noted. Cheers for the feedback.

For the group size, in "mps\init_mps.sqf" search for "mps_group_maxsize = 10" and increase that number.

Cheers,

I'm currently using a script which makes civilians have a chance to have a weapon, to add to the hostile environment, and I have had problems of civis coming onto the base, and players cannot defend themselves due to the base protection, so I was wondering if you guys could tell me how I could disable it, or reduce the area of land which is protected, I've looked in many of the unpbo'd files but can't find anything on it. Thanks in advance

Hi Xanthior,

The code your looking for is located at the bottom of mps\func\mps_func_teamkiller_h.sqf

Comment out or delete

player addEventHandler ["Fired",{
if(player distance getMarkerPos format["respawn_%1",SIDE_A select 0] < 200 ) then { deleteVehicle (_this select 6); };
}];

Hi Dar,

I'm focused on developing PO3 at this time and hope to make it available soon. Many new tasks and features which will be available for A2 and A3.

Cheers,

Can't wait for A3 PO3! ;)

Can't wait for A3 PO3! ;)
:D Cheers mate. We have the first A3 release candidate test coming up this week. Release to follow that if all goes well. Watch the A3 Forums for the post ;)

:D Cheers mate. We have the first A3 release candidate test coming up this week. Release to follow that if all goes well. Watch the A3 Forums for the post ;)

Video courtesy of [OCB]Lyndiman

Let me try it!;) POs and MSO are the best missions for arma! will PO3 be in ALIVE?And will PO3 be single player too?

How was performance on PO3rc tests?

Edited by Grillob3

I'm running this awesome mission in my dedi server(A2CO) and having few problems. First even though I disable all the gear and class restrictions all the gear isn't available for all different classes. Eg. sniper can't have mg and etc... I've tried enable/disable but same results. Other problem is that civvies aren't spawning, not a big deal in fact but would be lot for immersion. Also M1911 don't have any clips...

Sorry if these were answered earlier in the thread.

edit. ok found the answer from earlier posts... have to agree with earlier poster, it's a bit misguiding to give option to enable/disable ranking or gear restrictions if it's still enabled in low-level... :)

Edited by Kuunmies

Sorry to bring this back up, although it's a great mission...

But would any of you still have a Lingor version of Patrol Ops? I can't find it anywhere to download... If a kind sould could help me, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you very much!

Rick

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately I did not retain a copy of the lingor version. Maybe someone who has a copy or their own port would be kind enough to share?

Cheers,

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately I did not retain a copy of the lingor version. Maybe someone who has a copy or their own port would be kind enough to share?

Cheers,

Noooooooooooooooooooo......... You were my best shot... I really hope someone has kept it...

Thank you anyway...

Rick

Does anyone know where rADDACTION is in the mission file? I want to know what it specifically does. Also, I would like to know the same information for RE.

Example of these in Patrol Ops...

[nil, _tower, "per", rADDACTION, "Pack Tower", (mps_path+"action\mps_tower_pack.sqf"), [], 1, true, true, "", ""] call RE;

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Oh I just figured it out wow nevermind.

I'd like to change how quickly vehicles respawn after they are destroyed or abandoned. I've tried tweaking values in vehicle_respawn.sqf, but they seem to be ignored by the game.

Also, what is "player airdrop?" This is a parameter that shows up before you start the mission. Is it a way to get a supply drop? How I access this out in the field?

Fantastic mission, by the way. It is very popular with my friends.

Make sure the script is being executed on all the vehicles in the init. If it is not, try

null = [this] execVM "path\vehicle_respawn.sqf";