Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Offshore Landing Platform v1.0

Offshore Landing Platform v1.0 (Take On Helicopters)

This is my first addon for Take on Helicopters. I released it for ArmA 2 last week and now its ready for Take on Helicopters. It has working marker lights at night time :) When spawning a helicopter, you can either place it down. Sometimes sits on top or you might have to use setpos. If you do just type this in the helicopters init line:

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 0];

It can be found under 'Empty' > 'Objects' > '(H) Offshore Landing Platform'

Thanks to the following:

Beton for help with keeping it vertical offshore.

Offshore_Release2.png

Download Mirrors - v1.0

konyo.webs.com

Mediafire

Six Updater

Edited by konyo
Added mediafire mirror.

Thanks. I will try it out ;)

€dit: can you give us better downloadspeed? I'm loading at 3,1kb/s and it's taking forever....

Edited by Derbysieger

€dit: can you give us better download speed? I'm loading at 3,1kb/s and it's taking forever....

Yeah sorry mate. My download sever isant the best mormaly its ok. its only a 2mb file lol but Ill upload to a faster one later.

Edited by konyo
Spelling mistake

Yeah, I had to restart the download^^

Very nice addon btw. One thing though:

When spawning a helicopter, you can either place it down. Sometimes sits on top or you might have to use setpos. If you do just type this in the helicopters init line:

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 2];

this spawns the helicopter 2m above the platform. Either use:

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 2];

Or (works better):

Edited by Derbysieger

Yeah, I head to restard the download^^

Very nice addon btw. One thing though:

this spawns the helicopter 2m above the platform. Either use:

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 2];

Or (works better):

Yeah its my website host, there server is a bit slow today as its not loading pics etc when im in editing mode. Sorry for slow speed hopefully normal speed will be resumed soon :)

Ohhh ok, didnt really fiddle with the setpos. Thanks i will edit first post with your setpos :)

Very nice - works well. It is going to help me with me landing practice as well. Good job!

;2049015']I will give it a shot' date=' looks pretty cool.

I also uploaded it to mediafire, if you cool with that you can add this to your mirrors.

[url']http://www.mediafire.com/?9dh7g8xat7x6469[/url]

Ok thanks mate, will add these mirrors to first post & website :)

Very nice - works well. It is going to help me with me landing practice as well. Good job!

Glad you all like it so far.. & Yeah should improve.. its quiet hard landing the merlin on it lol :rolleyes:

Tip: If you need to host on free hosting sites, best take http://www.multiupload.com/ - it has direct download links + like 8 mirrors.

Please add to download links as well... (thats 15+ mirrors)

Yeah normaly dont upload to hosting sites as do it off website untill Armaholic mirrors it, but since its not Arma yeah mediafire will do.

Also your download link requires six updater?

Funny. I've built one with terrain for my map and then I spot this topic :)

Yeah normaly dont upload to hosting sites as do it off website untill Armaholic mirrors it, but since its not Arma yeah mediafire will do.
multiupload.com > mediafire :))
Also your download link requires six updater?
It does.

i put content of you zip file (kyo_plateforms.pbo)

into my addons directory

and when i open takeon helicoptere editor i couldnt find under object or other way the plateform

so how to do it?

thanks in advance

PS: very cool idea of add on ;)

Very nice, love this little thing. But my own limited understanding of the editor presents me with some difficulties when it comes to placing them in the terrain and get the height appropriate.

I've tried this -> this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 20] <- where the last digit (20) determines the height?

Elevating it to 20 meters was no problem, but getting it to sit nicely in relation to the ground was a bit more frustrating.

I presume the object has a reference point which also determines the default height if you dont use any codes. So when trying to place it on the shore, and if the shoreline/geography under water is very steep (as it is almost everywhere), makes the pad disappear under water.

To the creator, this is an open question/suggestion and hence no critisism as such; wouldnt it be more sensible to move the reference point of the object to the walkway (and not the pad itself) so that it would always rest by default on the ground when placing it on/near the shore?

Either way, very cool addon, thank you so much for your time & work :)

Can't find it either.

But Im not sure how mods work in TOH at the moment, but I installed this using Six updater, and I then enabled it in the expansions menu ingame. Is this right? or do i have to do it in the game shortcut?

You find it in the editor in the "Objects" class on the "None" side It's called "(H) Offshore Landing Platform"

Not sure why it doesn't work for you guys, could be that you need this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126509

Except for the above mentioned, I just put the .pbo file in the addons folder.

Don't do that. Create a mod folder in the same directory as that AddOns folder. Name said folder something like @MiscMods and then inside this place another folder named AddOns. Then inside this place the landing platform .pbo. Next right click on the shortcut, select properties. At the end of the Target line add a space then type -mod=@MiscMod (or whateverfolder name you choose) Hit Apply then OK and fire up the game.

You want to use this "mod folder" method for user made content. The biggestreason is to keep things in order. If you place too many 3rd party mods/addons in the vanilla AddOns folder and you have a conflict it becomes a real pain in the ass to sort thru all the extra content and keep track of vanilla game files. More trouble than it's worth.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

i put content of you zip file (kyo_plateforms.pbo)

into my addons directory

and when i open takeon helicoptere editor i couldnt find under object or other way the plateform

so how to do it?

thanks in advance

PS: very cool idea of add on ;)

This goes for you as well. Use the mod folder method.

Don't do that. Create a mod folder in the same directory as that AddOns folder. Name said folder something like @MiscMods and then inside this place another folder named AddOns. Then inside this place the landing platform .pbo. Next right click on the shortcut, select properties. At the end of the Target line add a space then type -mod=@MiscMod (or whateverfolder name you choose) Hit Apply then OK and fire up the game

Yeah only done it like this atm, because i use a mod launcher for ArmA 2, as there is none for TKOH yet.. I released it for the choice of the user to choose how he uses it. But yes mod folders are very much recommended.

To the creator, this is an open question/suggestion and hence no critisism as such; wouldnt it be more sensible to move the reference point of the object to the walkway (and not the pad itself) so that it would always rest by default on the ground when placing it on/near the shore?

Yes this will be eaiser. I will try placing landcontacts LOD's at begining of the pathway etc :D Well spotted, Ive only testing at heliport.

Yeah only done it like this atm, because i use a mod launcher for ArmA 2, as there is none for TKOH yet.. I released it for the choice of the user to choose how he uses it. But yes mod folders are very much recommended.
Six Updater (includes advanced launcher capabilities incl Presets and Profiles) is already supporting TKOH launching since TKOH release :) And evidently the network also includes TKOH mods since a couple of days.

Additionally there's also the game's built-in mod-manager.

Six Updater (includes advanced launcher capabilities incl Presets and Profiles) is already supporting TKOH launching since TKOH release :) And evidently the network also includes TKOH mods since a couple of days.

Additionally there's also the game's built-in mod-manager.

... Ahhh.. Well there we go.. Thank you :D

EDIT: I think ive solved the issue with keeping it above water on terrain.

Im going to use 2 seperate models, as moving the model back has solved keeping it above water in steep terrain. Where as the one you guys have, if i moved it back and put it on sloped terrain its then sits in mid air.. So.. :)

Picture:

http://konyo.webs.com/Photos/WIP%20Photos/TakeOnH%202011-11-03%2014-48-55-43.bmp < Sorry 800kb picture, darn fraps and its high quality :P

Edited by konyo

Lol, OK, that makes sense, thanx for the tip Manzilla.

Nice, and thank you again Konyo, this is brilliant :)