Sign in to follow this  
Robster

Black ceilings on building model

Good morning mates!

As some of you might know, I usually make terrains and related stuff, but lately I've been flirting with modelling basics, so I don't get too bored while awaiting for a new map release, i mean, while other guys plant objects over those maps...

And I have some questions, regarding my own first model building which counts 2111 polys in 0 resLOD...

1.- How can I fix these black ceilings, at bottom plane of horizontal meshes... ?

PIC1:

n6zudc.jpg

PIC2:

2ymsqj6.jpg

Do I have to config some special property on ShadowVolume 0.0 or remaining LODs????

Or do I have to adjust ShadowVolume0.0 behind 0.resolution LOD, I mean to match not same position as 0.resLOD nor being coplanar ??

2.- Can I use double faced property on ShadowVolume0.0 ?

3. Can I use double faced polys when reducing resLODs? It's good for FPS ? I am thinking of inner walls that you may see from distance, not those walls which wont'be seen at all which I just delete completely...

4. Which is the best size for diffuse map??? 2048x2048px ? This building has 4/5 floors?? Is it wise to use some 4096x4096 diffuse map???

5. Which LODs must enable shadows or enable merging textures properties...??? I am leaving these ones just for 0.resLOD and ShadowVolume0.0 ... It's ok... ?

BTW I still have no clue about rvmats , just coping and pasting another's ones and trying to reach a good looking one by trial...

Once I fix this I will go for my working doors and some windows

:yay:

Edited by Robster

Thanks, I will try that.

Also, I've noticed that many other buildings objects have the same problem on ceiling... they look all black as if they had no texture defined or something like that, so this is related with the amount of light that this plane receive but I haven't found a method to solve this ...