Sign in to follow this  
anthonye

Refueling and heliport

I wonder if someone could help me out with this, I don't know if I am doing things correct.

I made a new mission in the editor, just a simple one to find out how it works, but I am not clear if I am doing things correct.

I have got the helo at the correct place I want it, Asia map

1. Is there an item in the editor where I can place the H pad that shows in seattle etc, the yellow helipad graphic if so

does it auto refuel the helo.

2. I have placed a fuel truck went to prevue and noticed from the selections that there is a option "need fuel", I thought the tanker would move

and refuel the helo doing it that way, but it does not move. I have moved nearer to the truck, very close, and it then refuels, so does this mean that

the helo has to be landed near it because it does not move.

3. I placed some ground crew and can't seem to see what they do, they don't do anything, although I can send a command so they move etc.

Am I doing things correct or does it need to be scripts (no good at) to do what I want. I did not compile or what ever you call it, just went to the

prevue from the editor.

If someone could put me right on this please.

Anthony

52 views and no replies, looks like I am not the only one confused.

Anthony

I will answer a couple for you mate.

1. To place an "H" on the ground press F1 in the editor then select Empty from the side dropdown box. Next go to the Class dropdown box and select Objects, next the Unit dropdown box and select Helipad or another variant. Done.

2. Without scripting you wont be able to automatically refuel when on the helipad. There is a very easy way of doing it though but it will not have any immersion elements to it.

3. Easiest thing to do is like you did previously, put a fuel truck close to the helipad, land then move the truck to the heli, jump back in the heli and you will see the heli refuelling.

4. Ground crew once again needs scripting.

5. A really good place to start is the BIKI: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

Do not be put off by different title being in there, Arma 1, Arma 2 etc, most if not all scripting commands work in all the games.

Thanks Dale

I think you answer the lot !

Thanks for the reply, is does work as you said

Thanks again

Anthony

dale0404,

Has anyone ever done a script for A2 that has an animated ground crew? I'd love to use that for a ToH SP mission I'm working on. I've never found one for A2 or even older games. I'm really surprised there isn't one.(Unless it's in one of the example scripts I DL'd an I just haven't seen it.)

Yes mate, the community I play with have created a script exactly like I describe it. You park / land your vehicle and ground crew / mechanics come out and fix the plane / vehicle. Very clever scripting and damn immersive!!

Whoa! Could you post it or help me get in touch with the author?

I have contacted the author and left it down to him mate.

Hi,

The script in question, was initially made by osmo, then rescripted and improved by myself for more efficient coding and better control. Our community uses it in loads of missions, but we never really release them to the public. Only available through playing on our servers, so we have loads of funky stuff like that, just not seen by many :)

I haven't got take on helicopters yet, but you are more than welcome to use the scripts, if the commands have been ported across.

You will have some rejigging to do with variable names and classnames, and some 3D positions, but it shouldn't be that hard. I am guessing you are new to scripting? If so, I can redo it for you, when i get the game, but that will be around a months time. Currently I am engaged in a large project in Arma2 combined ops, that is high priority. I will be getting TOH after that.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not that new to scripting but not that advanced either. I can usually figure stuff out though and if it's just positioning, class names and stuff like that it shouldn't be that hard. If you don't mind I'd be happy to give it a try. I'm just making a few SP missions for now and I'd like to have it for immersion.

Sorry if I am bumbing this thread or whatnot, but Dale, any news on that script you speak of? Has your guys scripting man gave any permissions to wether or not you can post that script(Prefferably in a demo mission)?

Dave,

Hi,

Sorry been busy working and scripting, i don't really read this forum, and forgot about this thread. My appologies.

I will get a copy of the script in question with a demo mission for you, in the next week.

I'm working on a new service scripts for Take On Helicopters (rearm, repair, refuel). They are nearly done, and I'll be releasing them for public when finished.

Edit: I've released it - Helicopter Service

Edited by Osmo