Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Heliport Questions

Been playing in the editor...

How do you get the heliport module to work? If you just place it, it will come up with an error.

Do I need to do something with the "Bis_fnc_heliportAdd" coomand or something different?

Also is this the same sort of thing that you find in the main story / career? Is it a kind of hub where you add interactivity?

Synchronize an empty helicopter to the module.

Helicopter will then be used as a default helicopter (but will be replaced by your helicopter selected in campaign).

More info coming to Biki during this week, stay tuned ;)

Cool thx mate, did that.

But I then end up at the same heliport as in the career. Any way to create a heliport "out in the sticks" as it were?

I will stay tuned but these are burning questions! :p

I'm afraid current technology supports only one heliport per world.

We're planning to add support for multiple ones in one of upcoming patches, after we test all possible compatibility issues and usage in missions ;)

Edited by Moricky

Hi,

I have a further question about using the heliport in a mission.

What I am trying to do is get the ESCAPE/HELICOPTERS menu to work so that in my mission the user can buy, sell and maintain their helicopters. I can see that in the campaign missions, there is a call to BIS_fnc_heliportMenuHeli. However when I make the same call in my mission the list is blank except for the amount of money I currently have which is shown correctly. So, I know my heliport is being initialize correctly.

I have trawled through the campaign code all day (sqf, fsm, exts configs etc) and I cannot see where this is initialized. If I drop a campaign mission into my mission folder, the list does work but I just cannot fathom where abouts in the code it makes it work. I have checked the Biki, but unless I am missing something I am no further enlightened.

Has anybody got any further with this?

Heliport menus (and whole bussiness structure) works only on heliport. You cannot get it working in a mission.

Why do you need it in a mission?

Heliport menus (and whole bussiness structure) works only on heliport. You cannot get it working in a mission.

Why do you need it in a mission?

More of a proof of concept really. In my mission you can earn money by completing tasks and I thought it would be good if you could then spend it on new helicopters rather than having to go back into the campaign to spend it.

Also, I wanted the player to be able to choose any of the helicopters in his hanger. I wanted to be able to get the 'helicopters' menu working in a mission so the player could choose one from their collection.

If this is not possible in a mission structure then fair enough - it seemed like a good plan at the time.

More of a proof of concept really. In my mission you can earn money by completing tasks and I thought it would be good if you could then spend it on new helicopters rather than having to go back into the campaign to spend it.

Also, I wanted the player to be able to choose any of the helicopters in his hanger. I wanted to be able to get the 'helicopters' menu working in a mission so the player could choose one from their collection.

If this is not possible in a mission structure then fair enough - it seemed like a good plan at the time.

... +1 Agreed.. sounds like a very good idea mate.

I am actually trying to do the same. Get the user-made mission into the "career" mode so you can earn extra money. I am currently working on a simple air taxi mission with random location (and in the progress discover how to edit stuff). My next point (i create a simple mission already) is to place my mission into the contract/mission list in the career mode.

If this is not possible then that would be a real shame. I also saw that when you add your heliport in a mission it is the exact same as that of career mode.

Once you have the heliport in your mission, it's easy to add or remove money - that function works fine. It's the nice GUI stuff that doesn't seem to work as it does in the campaign.

I thought it would as BI have built a function to do it (BIS_fnc_heliportMenuHeli), but I can't seem to get it to work. It's quite hard to read the function as it has quite a lot of embedded FSM code in it so I am not quite sure what I am not doing to make it work. I would have thought that all the information is there in the heliport class as I can read and alter the money.

I have had a look at the BI campaigns and they do a fair bit of initialisation in an FSM, but I can't find the bit that will allow this function to work. If you run one of the campaign missions as a single mission in the editor, it does work (almost), so I think that it could be possible with a little help from the devs!

Once you have the heliport in your mission, it's easy to add or remove money - that function works fine. It's the nice GUI stuff that doesn't seem to work as it does in the campaign.

Okay can you point me in the right direction. Still very noobish in the editing department

Okay can you point me in the right direction. Still very noobish in the editing department

You will need to use a function to do this. I have put this in a spoiler as knowing how to do this may seriously compromise some people's motivation to earn money using the traditional methods;

Don't look if you don't want to know!

The following code will add 300,000 to your heliport money;

300000 call bis_fnc_heliportmoneyadd;

Where you put this is up to you, but for testing purposes I put it in the onAct field of a scripted LAND waypoint. So, when I landed the chopper in the designated place I got the reward.

Again this will add money to your campaign account if you don't want this to happen, don't use this function!

Edited by Jedra

You will need to use a function to do this. I have put this in a spoiler as knowing how to do this may seriously compromise some people's motivation to earn money using the traditional methods;

Don't look if you don't want to know!

The following code will add 300,000 to your heliport money;

300000 call bis_fnc_heliportmoneyadd;

Where you put this is up to you, but for testing purposes I put it in the onAct field of a scripted LAND waypoint. So, when I landed the chopper in the designated place I got the reward.

Again this will add money to your campaign account if you don't want this to happen, don't use this function!

Ahhhh I starting to get this editing more =) and I already looked at a reallife helicopter company with those values ....so i go for more realistic options.

BTW found out how you can start a mission where you can select one of your choppers you bought in the heliport ?

BTW found out how you can start a mission where you can select one of your choppers you bought in the heliport ?

No, not yet - I'm hoping Gaia will chip in again.

Completly agree that your idea is great! Another idea that I had which is a "spin off" from your idea is having a "Mercenary helipad" where you could buy and equip your helicopter (with weapons and/or armed versions) buy more helicopters to the "fleet" and do combat missions.

This would be like a dream come true to me :)