Sign in to follow this  
TechnoBillyD

My own music?

I see this came up in a discussion forum, but no definate answer was given.

Can I create a folder and put my own music in there to be played in game?

Some of these missions take me a long time (real newbie) and I would love to use that time listening to my favourite chill music :yay:.

Bill D

Can I create a folder and put my own music in there to be played in game?

This functionality does not currently exist in the game. You'd either have to just run a music player in the background, or make an add-on to add new tracks (not very flexible).

You're aware of the various genres that come with the game? I like to chill out to the jazz music :cool:, and then switch to rock or electronic for the action segments.

I had this request at first aswell but now that I heard the music, I dont need it anymore :D

Its awesome! :)

However I would still highly appreciate this feature!

Could propably get achieved with the usual scripts. MP3 files would be converted to WSS and renamed to 001, 002 etc

Edited by PurePassion

switch to freelook ( double tap ALT) move the cursor towards the music icon ( light=central pannel (actual iPod), medium and heavy= behind you in central) and click with the mousewheel or the button you mapped for this action and you will change the music genre. Action menu to turn the music off

... or make an add-on to add new tracks (not very flexible)..

Perhaps not. But I'd like to try since it seems a good idea to learn how to create addons/pack pbo's - total noob as I am.

I've been looking at Mondkalb's Addon Tutorial which perhaps contains a little to much info for what I want to do. I'm not doing any graphical work obviously. I simply want to pack some ogg-files of my own into a pbo or preferably replace the original music_h-folder. Since I could extract the content of that folder with Elitness I first thought I could just simply replace the these ogg-files with my own, following the same structure, and repack them again - not so! Well, reading further, you apparently need to edit/create a new ".bisign" file with it too. Or do I? And do I need to create a modfolder for this?

Been looking into following tools:

Eliteness2.95 + DePbo4.06

unassoc_1_4

BinPBOPE_ReleaseCandidate

DSUtils

Do I need more tools? Any further help on this is appreciated.

Welcome to the the forums for instance.:cool:

What I would like to report so as to kind of help you is that in some custom missions the songs that are being played, when you open the battery of your chopper, are different from the ones that usually play in the career. So I believe that there must be a way of changing things.

Hope success follows for your mod...

So you can add costum music to custom missions? Well, it's a start isn't it? Nevertheless, If possible, I'd prefer changing the main music_h folder.

I'm still quite uncertain of how this modsystem works but, for intance in X-Plane, even though you have a dedicated modfolder, your mod replaces (or rather "silence", take prescense over) the default scenaries/objects. But in this case, do I add to main folder or i.e "@MyMods"?

Most likely this seems to be config.bin thing, though. You've probably need to edit it, but not sure how that is done - or wether you do it in the same way as with other addons/pbo.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Zolitnitsky

I'm thinking maybe like this?

Or if I could implement this car radio in any way, perhaps?

The closest I seem to get where I want is here? Still this is ARMA2 and not TKOH so I'm still uncertain how much that applies. The music_h config.bin looks a bit different too..

http://cdn.imghack.se/images/e44ab545457df5ded6d119c51e09ef4b.jpg (139 kB)

..as it has a number after the ogg-file (same on all files). Otherwise, the only changes I've made is the duration of the file to correspond to the new tracks length (bigger pbo-file in total). It's also the same amount of tracks in each folder as in default.