Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Flight dynamics (important issues)

Quote Originally Posted by heli_flying View Post
    you can change it yourself :

1.backup the original file first!!

2.unpack the air_us_h.pbo file located in the folder addons with Extractpbo (put dpbo.dll in the same folder)

3.in the extracted folder go to air_us_h > h_sim > air_us_h the last sub-folder is the folder you need repack to create the new air_us_h.pbo file (i do it with cpbo)

4.in this folder you have the 3 more sub folders medium, heavy and light into each folder you have a .xml file ej: Light-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml this is the config file to the light i edit this file with the notepad

5.repack and test (repack the sulfolder air_us_h> h_sim > air_us_h instead the entire extracted folder)

note: locate the tools folder in the desktop and run as administrator (win 7 and vista)

personally i've found the default ( ib= 1200 ) too low in the medium, with 1800 ~ 2200 improve the control authority and almost cancel the roll tendency with collective input due to the tail rotor high position, set the yaw control damper to 0 ~ 0.5 to get yaw torque effect
    that sounds interesting, can you play on multiplayer without the game noticing you've made changes to the game files? if so can you upload it so we can test it?

Quote Originally Posted by Panther353 View Post
    Patch 1 has nothing to do with the flight modeling. I think that is scheduled for patch 2 depending on the difficulty involved.
    I know that Patch1 has no FM changes. I thought you would hold for the review regardless...
    So will you review current version or waiting for Patch2?
    R22 pilot
    SYSSpecs: IntelC2Q9650|AsusP5QSE|4GB RAM|ZOTAC GX570|Win7 64bit|TrackIR5|TM HOTAS Warthog (04671)/Saitek Pro Pedals

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by heli_flying View Post
    you can change it yourself :

1.backup the original file first!!

2.unpack the air_us_h.pbo file located in the folder addons with Extractpbo (put dpbo.dll in the same folder)

3.in the extracted folder go to air_us_h > h_sim > air_us_h the last sub-folder is the folder you need repack to create the new air_us_h.pbo file (i do it with cpbo)

4.in this folder you have the 3 more sub folders medium, heavy and light into each folder you have a .xml file ej: Light-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml this is the config file to the light i edit this file with the notepad

5.repack and test (repack the sulfolder air_us_h> h_sim > air_us_h instead the entire extracted folder)

note: locate the tools folder in the desktop and run as administrator (win 7 and vista)

personally i've found the default ( ib= 1200 ) too low in the medium, with 1800 ~ 2200 improve the control authority and almost cancel the roll tendency with collective input due to the tail rotor high position, set the yaw control damper to 0 ~ 0.5 to get yaw torque effect
    I have been relatively successful at modding flight dynamics in FSX. I will give this a shot. If I can make the models feel right, I will post them on the net somewhere for other users. The thing I don't understand is... If it's that easy to fix, why has this not been done already?

i could never get the CP to work with moded Light-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml or repacked .pbo etc etc.

But that may just have been the CP, i am still downloading tkoh as just got broadband back today .

Your turn now .. FM test / tweak addon

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(302 of 1000$ per month by 34 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPscene View Post
    Your turn now .. FM test / tweak addon
    Thanks for the link! I will check it out tonight.

hmmm i'm looking at the xml and i have no experience programming stuff. what is the relationship between the numbers that are next to each other?

Code:
    			  <GroundEffect startDistance="1.6" strength="0.0"/>
    			  <LiftCurve>
    				  -1000  0
    				  -180   0
    				  -150   0.61
    				  -140   0.69
    				  -130   0.69
    				  -120   0.61
    				  -110   0.46
    				  -100   0.24
    				  -90    0

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by MD500Enthusiast View Post
    hmmm i'm looking at the xml and i have no experience programming stuff. what is the relationship between the numbers that are next to each other?

Code:
    			  <GroundEffect startDistance="1.6" strength="0.0"/>
    			  <LiftCurve>
    				  -1000  0
    				  -180   0
    				  -150   0.61
    				  -140   0.69
    				  -130   0.69
    				  -120   0.61
    				  -110   0.46
    				  -100   0.24
    				  -90    0
    With this stuff, sometimes the only way to find out is to change some things, then test it to see what changed. I have spent many many hours making .cfg edits in FSX helicopters, then testing it, then making more changes, etc. It can be very time consuming and tedious.

Private First Class
    that is the lift coefficient vs angle of attack and the lower list is drag vs angle of attack , nightsta1ker you are right when you say this is a tedious work

my light.xml file in the spoiler (work in progress):
    Spoiler:

Author of the Thread
    I knew there had to be some meat and potatoes to these profiles somewhere. This is it. Only question... where can I download Extractpbo or a similar extracting/packing program that will work? All the links I click lead me to a page that talks about it, but does not have a download link. Sorry to be a noob, but I have absolutely zero experience with modding BIS programs (can you tell?).

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast