Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's Autopilot

Do You Own a Struggling Helicopter Charter Company ?

Are you tired of aviation authority reports stamped with CFIT* pilot reading map ?

Have you or are you thinking of updating your fleet with Six Updater Industries CBA technology ?

Then you need the new Blake 1000 Helicopter Autopilot!

Easily fitted using a CBA EXT-H port, the autopilot is easily installed** and fully integrates with the helicopters current systems.

Only available online!

apscreenie.jpg

OjoU-URNDZc

kH334o1xot0

Blake's TOH Autopilot Version v1.1

Requirements:

TOH version of CBA.

Introduction:

With the bigger distances, and the newer more complex flight model, doing things like looking at the map or flying long distances has become much harder in TOH.

This addon is a step towards making things like above easier.

History:

Version1.1

• Added: NAV Computer to dynamically add waypoints.
  • Added: Course mode (CRS) to alter the heading value to point to the current waypoint.
  • Added: Clear all waypoints menu item. Hold zoomout to make visible in the menu.
  • Fixed: Autopilot menu item duplication issue in multiplayer.

Version 1.0

• Added autopilot panel dialog
  • Removed action menu items
  • Removed hover hold
  • Increased autopilot power to hold desired attitude
  • Added AP master button

v0.1.1a

• Fixed incorrectly named action keys to the new names for TOH.
  • Fixed alt hold where once converted to feet (to match the altimeter) the initial height was not being correctly set.

v0.1

• Initial release

Limitations/Bugs:

Important, if flying before you even open the autopilot dialog ensure you have trimmed the helicopter. Take on Helicopters disables the controls when a dialog is open. Because of this when the dialog is open, the autopilot will go into attitude hold if no other mode is active. This allows the pilot to use the dialog without losing control of the helicopter. If you haven't trimmed the helicopter the autopilot will not be strong enough to hold it and will eventually lose control.

Installation:

*IMPORTANT*

If you are new to the Arma / Take On Helicopter games, please ensure you no how to correctly add mods before proceeding.

*DO NOT* add these files into the folders that contain the default TOH files. They are in the addons folder which is located in the TOH games main subdirectory.

Install as you would any other addon. (Check the BIS forums if unsure!).

Try here for a good post by Günter Severloh on adding mods.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1908141&postcount=2

Features:

1.1 Additions

Course Mode Button (CRS): Select this to have either the heading or terrain modes update to direct towards the current waypoint.

Clear waypoint data action menu item. Requires zoom out to be held for it to be visible. I removes all the current waypoints.

NAV Computer: Use this to create a new or alter and existing set of waypoints.

Markers - Red current editing position. Blue current waypoint for the group.

Shift Left Click - Add a new waypoint at that position. The last waypoint created is always a Cycle waypoint.

Left Click - Select the current editing point. Current point id highlighted with the red marker. Added waypoints are inserted after this point.

Alt Left Click - If near enough to a waypoint position it will delete that waypoint. The last point cannot be deleted.

The addon creates Three atupilot modes for the helicopters.

Important Ensure the helicopter is fully trimmed first otherwise the autopilot will be fighting for control.

Autopilot Master Mode (AP):

The autopilot will only work if the master button is on (green). This also allows pilots to pre set a desired setup before engaging the autopilot.

E.g. Whilst the master mode is off, select heading hold, dial in the desired heading and altitude, when you want to engage the autopilot it will try to follow the preset values.

The addon creates three autopilot modes for the helicopters.

Modes can be changed without needing to cancel the previous mode.

When the map is selected, if no autopilot mode is enabled then the autopilot will engage Attitude hold while the map is open. If another mode is selected it will remain in that mode.

If the cyclic is moved far enough the autopilot mode is disengaged.

Attitude Hold (ATT):

Holds the current attitude of the helicopter in both pitch and bank.

Bank and pitch can be altered by moving the joystick beyond the 0.2 threshold in that direction. When you release the joystick the autopilot will maintain the new attitude.

This mode can be toggled on and off with each press of the button.

Heading Hold (HDG):

When engaged the helicopters current altitude and heading are the initial settings. Settings can be pre selected, and once required engaged by turning on the master mode button (AP).

Heading changes are in 10 degree increments.

Altitude changes are in 250ft increments.

Attitude/Altitude (ATT ALT):

Will hold altitude as per above, whilst holding attitude for the roll component. Minor attitude changes are possible by slightly moving the joystick in the desired direction for the roll.

Download:

Added to Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

https://rapidshare.com/files/554842572/Blakes_TOH_autopilot_v_1_1.rar

Footnotes

*Controlled flight into terrain

** Use of a non qualified installer could lead to adverse problems within the TOH software. Qualification is generally acquired by searching first, then if no result posing the question in the BIS forums.

Edited by blakeace

And so it begins! Downloading now. We need Armaholic to get a TOH section though!

Will give some feedback tomorrow when I have had a play.

Update:

New version uploaded.

Tried on a hunch using HelicyclicForward and HeliCyclicBack to read the joystick values. These worked so first post has been updated with a link to version 0.1.1a.

Updated Dev-Heaven with the findings.

Will give some feedback tomorrow when I have had a play.

Thanks, just remember to grab the new version :)

Cheers Blake.

Good to see that the TOH addons have started flowing :)

good job with an addon already! keep it coming. maybe you can make some multiplayer coop missions? like use a tack board at the larkin base and you can pick up multiple reflyable missions that randomly generates objectives in the seattle area like in the single player mode? maybe even make it so that multiple helicopters can participate etc.

I haven't tried the new version yet, but what I did notice in the quick play I had last night is that when you set the altitude, the value it says it is setting it to differs from the altitude of the altimeter. Is this something to do with altitude at sea level versus altitude relative to the ground?

I haven't tried the new version yet, but what I did notice in the quick play I had last night is that when you set the altitude, the value it says it is setting it to differs from the altitude of the altimeter. Is this something to do with altitude at sea level versus altitude relative to the ground?

That's fixed in the new version, execept the menu labels. When I converted to using feet, to match the altimeter, I didn't update the current height. That should be fine in new version. Sorry thought I had updated the first post, but I had only stated the menu labels. Add a history list to first post.

Try the latest version, that should correctly match the altitude as read in the altimeter.

Nice work here, but....Simply enabling 'Auto Trim' in the difficulty settings seems to fix this problem sufficiently. It's a bit like switching on or off S.A.S (stability augmentation system in a real helicopter).

Hahah, I love the 'sales' pitch! :D

Cheers I figured a two minute video of a helicopter flying level or on a particular heading would be a bit bland, glad you enjoyed the alternative.

Nice work here, but....Simply enabling 'Auto Trim' in the difficulty settings seems to fix this problem sufficiently. It's a bit like switching on or off S.A.S (stability augmentation system in a real helicopter).

Thanks, and good to know, I just prefer to use manual trim :)

Added to Six Updater Network.

As always thanks :)

I have added the files into my game folder but i get a error when i start the game anyone know how to add the addon properly.

Cheers

I have added the files into my game folder but i get a error when i start the game anyone know how to add the addon properly.

Cheers

I strongly recommend the Six Updater. Although developed for Arma2, it also works for ToH and will manage your mods for you. It will save you messing about with command line options and will update the mods automatically when the auther publishes updates.

Updated to Version 1.0

Download available from the first page.

Version 1.0

• Added autopilot panel dialog
  • Removed action menu items
  • Removed hover hold
  • Increased autopilot power to hold desired attitude
  • Added AP master button

OjoU-URNDZc

Updated on SU. few notes:

- Could you please use the latest 2.5.1 or newer BI tools for V2 bisigns, as the bisigns are currently v1 (~260 bytes, instead of ~500 bytes)

- There's the wrong .bisigin included for non _ee pbo

Updated on SU. few notes:

- Could you please use the latest 2.5.1 or newer BI tools for V2 bisigns, as the bisigns are currently v1 (~260 bytes, instead of ~500 bytes)

- There's the wrong .bisigin included for non _ee pbo

Sorry about that, grabbed the wrong one. Updated with the correct one, which is the _ee version with V2 tools.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2304492762/Blakes_TOH_autopilot_v_1_0.rar

First page is also updated with the correct bisign.

Cheers Sickboy for picking that up :)

Blake

Thanks for the prompt reaction! Updated on SU :)

Updated Version 1.1

Available on the first post.

V1.1

• Added: NAV Computer to dynamically add waypoints.
  • Added: Course mode (CRS) to alter the heading value to point to the current waypoint.
  • Added: Clear all waypoints menu item. Hold zoomout to make visible in the menu.
  • Fixed: Autopilot menu item duplication issue in multiplayer.

1.1 Additions

Course Mode Button (CRS): Select this to have either the heading or terrain modes update to direct towards the current waypoint.

Clear waypoint data action menu item. Requires zoom out to be held for it to be visible. I removes all the current waypoints.

NAV Computer: Use this to create a new or alter and existing set of waypoints.

Markers - Red current editing position. Blue current waypoint for the group.

Shift Left Click - Add a new waypoint at that position. The last waypoint created is always a Cycle waypoint.

Left Click - Select the current editing point. Current point id highlighted with the red marker. Added waypoints are inserted after this point.

Alt Left Click - If near enough to a waypoint position it will delete that waypoint. The last point cannot be deleted.

kH334o1xot0

Documentation Omission

Sorry I forgot to document on the video (now fixed) and in the download how to set which waypoint you want as the current waypoint.

Shift + Alt + Click - on a waypoint sets it as the current waypoint. The blue marker denotes the current waypoint.

@Sickboy - Thanks mate :)

Is there a working link for the autopilot anywhere? I can't seem to find the TOH working link..?

Regards,

BeachAV8R