Sign in to follow this  
Bothersome

Mission 10 - The Take Down

Spoilers...

OK I could use a little help here.

In this mission, I am to stop the CEO from escaping.

HOW?

What am I supposed to do with an un-armed helicopter other than crash into him?

I'm in expert mode by the way if that makes any difference.

yeh i was in about 20 m away, right under him in fact trying not to flare up into him. Would have been better above him, I guess in real life if you could match and fly directly above another chopper you would disrupt it's lift but possibly your own as well. I remember reading a book by a Royal Navy Lynx pilot that said occasionally the Seaking SAR bird would pass above them and cause a momentary loss of lift whilst trying to land back on a carrier.

I'm having problems here too. As soon as i deploy the rope to insert the team my helicopter immediately crashes down on ground?

Well got this problem solved. Need to use mouse to deploy robe but when you not hit ALT too it fucks up your helicopter. Nice game design, really. Would prefer a simple kb key for special actions.

But now i'm really stuck, Hayden got away, have to reload and after reloading my toon hangs in the main rotor and can't move anymore. Really all these bugs and shortcommings in mission design render the game slowly useless for me. Hope there is some patch incomming that fixes a couple of these annoyances.

Edited by DocMoriarty

Well got this problem solved. Need to use mouse to deploy robe but when you not hit ALT too it fucks up your helicopter. Nice game design, really. Would prefer a simple kb key for special actions.

That is why this keyboard shortcut exists (2xR - default Rope Interaction) :)

But now i'm really stuck, Hayden got away, have to reload and after reloading my toon hangs in the main rotor and can't move anymore.

We hope to address auto-saving in a future patch.

Spoilers...

OK I could use a little help here.

In this mission, I am to stop the CEO from escaping.

HOW?

What am I supposed to do with an un-armed helicopter other than crash into him?

I'm in expert mode by the way if that makes any difference.

There is a subtle detail, I've found with this mission.

You get told just before you land at the container compound that Haydon is leaving. At that time he seems to get in a helicopter Northwest of Seattle and proceed Southeast.

If you save just after you land at the container compound, then hunt around for the location of the container, then, if it takes you too long (Haydon is proceeding towards the airport while you run around) just revert to the save. Eventually the player will find the container in question, just keep running around looking for it. You can reload the checkpoint and run right to it. Then, there's some dialogue but you can run immediately to the heavy and get it started as soon as you find the container.

At this point, if you're early enough Haydon will still be proceeding obliquely towards you instead of almost directly away. If you get over to him it's quite possible to intercept his flightpath well before he overflies the centre of Seattle. You then have plenty of time to play dodge-em choppers with him until he relinquishes.

In my earlier try, I was taking way too much time at the container compound to succeed. You have to achieve the last requirement "Ground Haydon" or you can't proceed.