Sign in to follow this  
hon0

(solved for the OP) "The hand that feeds" Stuck

Hello

I'm stuck in this mission. I can't lift the 2nd containers without damage it..

A solution?:confused:

Thanks

Antoine

i too am stuck, i have tryed to get second container from all angles and nothig. damage and start again! (patch required i think)

bit that gets to me was there an open beta :) TUT TUT

and while you are patching can you please patch the merlin so the gear retracts!

You should be able to clear the container by using maximum collective and first going straight up. Don't attach the load and immediately try to fly away. Once you've gained some altitude (and this may be slow), you can start to speed up and fly to the drop-off. Use auto-hover if keeping the bird steady while struggling with the load is a bit too much.

THX for a responce DNA, but as im sure i put in my original post, i have tryed many time and from many angles!

its a bug to be fixed please.

1. as soon as it goes 100% complete the container JUMPS! about 1ft into the air and hitting the container behind. This then counts as damage and fails the mission

2. instead of just posting, could you please check, 3 of us have same problem and your responce is the first thing we all did anyway :)

Regards

A customer

Okay, i managed to do it! what i did was I started the whole mission from the heliport, then when i got to the 2nd container part, i put the direction of the helicopter away from the jumping container, with the tail above it. Plus i was extremly low this time, as soon as it was attatched, the container only moved a little, but not enough to damgaed it. Finally! i can get on with this wonderful game!

i have tryed that, so i was the full lengh to stop the bounce. You must have just been lucky.

is hsould not be so hard to pick up a container. either move the one at the back or up the damage allowed on the one we need to pick up! at least 6 people on forums so far stuck

I fly real RC helicopters even doing stunts with them now... So I try to use what I know there to apply here...

I finished this mission. It is tough to get it moving. I don't think the mission is bugged. You are not supposed to lift it straight up in a hover. It is too heavy and that is what Tom is complaining about.

To get it moving you need to drag the container to the edge of the cargo ship. Then back up and drop into a low hover over the other containers so that the container you are attached to is in front of you and facing out to sea. Then apply full collective and forward cyclic. As the container is jerked up and over the side of the cargo ship, you will have a little more altitude then as you gain speed (which is what you're most after here) you gain more when you get out of your vortex ring.

Climbing is slow and turns should be made with no more than 20 degree banks (if you have plenty of speed).

I will tell you. On expert, you won't get another save until the mission is done. So your landing best be good or you'll damage the cargo (and on desired location). I came in high and then when in hover used full up collective and let it sink (it cannot maintain altitude in a hover with that much weight). Oh yea, there is one more save after you get it set on the ground correctly. But you have one more incident to get over.

Is it normal that the aimed container isn't the top one? I mean the red or blue one.

And yes, even if you can get it it's bugged.. The "ground effect" is fail on the cargo.. it's never the same cause some cargo are "not solide". So it's really hard to keep a nice hover with this.

Check on this video I just recorded. See my altitude an my Collective control. I LOVE hard thing but here.. If it's not bugger. It's a bit hard :p

I just saw your video...

How the hell did you accelerate without dipping your nose down?

You got some kind of magic thrusters mounted on your heli or what?

Wind in back + fail ground effect.. Try to fly over container. It's ok then move over a little hole.. you'll fall.. Big bug I think. I'm not pro

Edited by hon0

I'm having serious problems even with first container. Mainly my problem is if i need a controller, most possibly a joystick with a separate controller for the collective?

Currently i've been playing it with mouse and keyboard and it seems rather futile, the speed at wich i can raise and lower collective makes even the most agile helicoper feel like im flying a oil-tanker

Ewe, I feel for ya.

It's tough enough flying with a joystick with twist action for rudder.

You can map controls for multiple sticks or controllers in this game.

Same problem here. As soon as the container connects the adjacent container jumps up in the air and the mission instantly ends. I've done this at least 15 times from different angles and altitudes with the same result. Too bad you can't just take a financial hit and continue on. Looking forward to a patch.

Yeah this game has more bugs than my next door's cat. I had the same problem, so I gave up and started the task from start this seem to do the trick, as the second time the lifts went without a problem.

When doing tasks like this try auto hover and external view makes it easier.

And omg this must be the shortest game in history??

:D

The containers jump suddenly in the air as soon as I hook up during a solid still hover?!!?! I also do not understand the need for such precision, you seem to need to be way too close to the container for the hooking to begin.

Either case I presume a quick fix would be simply removing the container next to it, is that so hard to do?

Yep, stuck as well. Its nice to know its possible, after 10 attempts of what I would consider an absolutely perfect pick up, I thought it must be a bug. I think it should be patched, if there is some special non-obvious technique then there should be some special instructions so that it doesn't just feel like a bug.

I don't know what you are doing wrong. It's pretty hard but definately doable.

Just make sure you slowly add collective. Also you should move AWAY from the other container.

I don't know what you are doing wrong. It's pretty hard but definately doable.

Just make sure you slowly add collective. Also you should move AWAY from the other container.

I guess that's the problem, I don't know what I am doing wrong. It's not behaving like the other lift missions. I'm in a dead stop perfect hover above the thing (which like you say is hard but do-able)... the moment the attachment is made it gets damaged. There is no opportunity to move or adjust collective or anything - there is less than 1second between finishing attachment and getting the damage, so my technique isn't something I feel I can change very much... its frustrating.

I guess that's the problem, I don't know what I am doing wrong. It's not behaving like the other lift missions. I'm in a dead stop perfect hover above the thing (which like you say is hard but do-able)... the moment the attachment is made it gets damaged. There is no opportunity to move or adjust collective or anything - there is less than 1second between finishing attachment and getting the damage, so my technique isn't something I feel I can change very much... its frustrating.

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. They really need to fix this...

I also hover perfectly still over the container and the moment it gets to 100% the container jumps, literally, and gets damaged. All this happens before I get a chance even to move.

Hello!

Please help me. I have a big problem with the mission "the hand thats feed". I have to save a container in this mission. My best was a approach of 84 percent.

I tried the mission many times, but i didn`t work

What i must do. Is it better to get near the ground or have i go up in the air. The last tries i was about one meter over the sea...

I don`t know what to do... Please help me!!!

Thx

Well I'm having a different problem with this mission.

I have managed to take and deliver the first two containers...

When I leave to go and fetch the 3rd I have to make a emergency auto rotation landing.

I just can't do it, I crash and die.

I've tried landing on a beach, on a road.

I must be missing something.

Help:eek:

Thanks.