Sign in to follow this  
hon0

(solved for the OP) "The hand that feeds" Stuck

Retried this mission (rather than revert I went from the start where you fly towards the airshow). Same thing again... although this time, the autosave kicks in so I can't reload as it instant fails.

Will be skipping this mission which makes me sad :(

I've just found I have the same issue with the jumping crate. I've tried every angle, tried nudging the jumping crate out of the way and even planting the nose wheel on it while attaching - nothing works! I'll park this game until a patch fixes the bug. Back to dodosim for me :(

i am so frustrated.

i always stuck in this mission.

i tried so many things.

new install, with 1.02 and 1.03, nothing happens.

is bohemia not able to fix this problem?

i think, its better to send the dvd s back to them.

maybe, there after they will do their job!!!!!!

fox

What's your bug? Is it when the 2nd cargo loading reach 100% or something else..?

Sorry to see this topic as "solved" - since patch doesn't help and I get nothing when holding L-shift and keypad - except that view zooms out a little...

I recommended this game for a friend - and I've had to say "sorry" to him.

I've now warned on Facebook against this game....

Now this topic is "solved" - Don't buy game

To clarify, this topic was 'solved' because the person who opened the thread with the problem he described had his problem solved.

I realise other people are encountering some problems, too - it's not ignored, it's still a known issue, the Community Issue Tracker is best used to monitor the status of such problems - one that only a small number of people seem to be encountering, the product of a special set of circumstances, which we've struggled to reproduce internally.

I can understand your frustration in wanting to complete this mission; however, if you would like to progress:

You may use an ENDMISSION cheat. No, it's not ideal, but it's an option you have.

Aside from that, the best advice currently is to ensure that you restart the mission after applying the patch (fixed the issue for the OP), and try a different approach for the cargo container (a higher, more vertical hover and descent). ;)

I've now warned on Facebook against this game....

Hardly the most productive way to express your feedback, whereas posting here gives you the support of both this community (which is a big part of buying and enjoying BI games in the long run) and the developers when they have time to respond directly. :)

Future patches are already announced, as well as some more cool community downloads in the future - certainly not something for your friend to miss out on ;)

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
took the bait; om nom nom

Hello

I'm stuck in this mission. I can't lift the 2nd containers without damage it..

A solution?:confused:

Thanks

Antoine

Hallo.

How do you managed that problem with the second Container?

Greetings from Foxtrot747

Well. As RoyaltyinExile suggest I restarted the mission after patching my game and everything worked fine. I think it was after the first patch.

Please let us know if today's patch fixes this problem for you.

Best,

RiE

Edited by hon0

I tried so many things, always the same.

How does the endmission cheat work?

Where can i get it?

And to hono.

I asked you, how did you managed this problem?

I would like to read, the direction of approach, the height and so on.

Not "I restarted the mission after patching my game and everything worked fine. I think it was after the first patch"

This was not very helpfull.

Foxtrot747

The offending container has been completely removed in the forthcoming patch, because we simply were not able to reproduce the conditions that several users have reported.

Unfortunately, the designer responsible for this, Mr Gaia 'Tricky' Moricky did not find within himself the technical aptitude to roll out the fix in the beta. :581: Oh, snap!

Therefore, we wait with baited breath for Patch Cougar's release, so we can at last lay this issue to rest. :)

Best,

RiE

Well I'm having a different problem with this mission.

I have managed to take and deliver the first two containers...

When I leave to go and fetch the 3rd I have to make a emergency auto rotation landing.

I just can't do it, I crash and die.

I've tried landing on a beach, on a road.

I must be missing something.

Help:eek:

Thanks.

I am having the same problems with this No matter how I land I still crash and burn I have done the mission autorotation in trainings And do not know what he mean when he say flair to slow down airspeed if anyone has done this mission please could you post a video so I can see where I am going wrong

thanks

DeanO

It appears they've changed the location of the second container a bit with the 1.04 patch, but it still gets damaged. Previously there were 2 containers on top of all the rest and the one you'd lift is below them, hence the container gets damaged. Now there is only one container above the rest, but it still seems like you're trying to lift a container from below. I suggest making it be the top container or else make it another container in the water.

I'd like to continue with the rest of the campaign but cant as it is. I might resort to skipping the mission, but would prefer not to. I'll just do time trials or whatever till this is fixed or someone has a solution, other than a fluke.

Cheers,

TRON

Patch 1.5 and still broken. Other people can get past this mission without damaging container #2?

I'll try reinstalling later.

Tron

Are you continuing the contract from a savegame made in a previous version? Please try restarting this contract (not the Career, just this contract).

After installing each patch, it would make you begin that contract over. This gave me hope that it had been fixed. Should I reinstall the game? I haven't tried that because it'll take me some time to get through the contracts again. But I will reinstall if I have to. Are others able to get through this contract? If so, is it a fluke or is there a procedure to it Im missing?

Thanks,

Tron

A full reinstall should not be necessary, but I've seen it solve random issues before. We are still unable to reproduce this particular one on our development setups, so we've been trying to fix it blindly :( One thing we know about is slightly less lift while sling loading with auto-hover enabled. Can you try it without auto-hover?

I tried it without auto-hover and it made no difference. But Im happy to have tried that, because thats the first time I tried a lift without auto-hover. Way more fun! :)

I made it to 100% but again the container is damaged. I did notice something else. On container 1, its waypooint/marker is right on the container. For the second container, its waypoint/marker is actually beneath one of the top containers on the ship. My guess is that it's set one level too low. When you run this contract, is the marker on a top container, or below a level like mine?

Thanks,

Tron

Ok, I finally got this. But only by accident. I had switched my anti-virus software and then gave it a try again. It worked. I know some games do run better with it off, I just never thought of it before. But, now Im unsure if it's because of that or a fluke. I might try it a couple more times to be sure.

It seems like the real 'weight' indeed is lifted up into the top container, but if done slightly off gets damaged. It was very surprising when it worked! Thanks for the time! I didn't make it to the 3rd container before my engine trouble. Is there a 3rd container to be done? If so, do I need to do the first 2 containers faster?

Thanks for the help, and I do notice now that on auto-hover, the chopper definately has decreased lift. Good to know.

Tron

Ok, I finally got this. But only by accident. I had switched my anti-virus software and then gave it a try again. It worked. I know some games do run better with it off, I just never thought of it before. But, now Im unsure if it's because of that or a fluke. I might try it a couple more times to be sure.

Good to hear it worked at least once so far :) Perhaps the real-time virus scanner caused the rope simulation to slow down just enough so that it became imprecise. This gives us a theory to work on improvements.

You cannot ever get the third container; the engine trouble and following auto-rotation are part of the scenario ;)

I'm running Steam version 1.05.90506. I've tried 50+ times to get the 2nd container in all different varieties and none of these tricks are working. The only thing I've noticed is that the container at hand seems to be slightly buried in the containers it's resting on. Then when the rope attaches, it suddenly becomes un-buried and jerks up to be sitting normally on the containers. Could that be what's causing it to become damaged every time? See pics....

http://imageshack.us/f/804/2012062800001.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/525/2012062800004.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/824/2012062800003.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/100/2012062800002.jpg/

This is awfully frustrating...

I still got the same problem with 2nd container in patch 1.06. After more than a year and so many patches still not fixed, what does the TOH developers do? I want my money back!!!

Okay, i managed to do it! what i did was I started the whole mission from the heliport, then when i got to the 2nd container part, i put the direction of the helicopter away from the jumping container, with the tail above it. Plus i was extremly low this time, as soon as it was attatched, the container only moved a little, but not enough to damgaed it. Finally! i can get on with this wonderful game!

I tred what you recommended with no improvement. As soon as the lift % reaches 100 it fails. Please advise/.