Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

  Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Storyline?

  1. #11
    I think what he is trying to say is he was exspecting a little more from the story line than the couple of hours gameplay it provided.

    SO bascily what you have purchased is a game with a platform to produce your own missions......HMM, some people just want to fly so they will have to wait for the rest of community to produce the work.

    isnt it the job of the games company who we have supported to produce the mods and not the community..

    i love the game and can see what can be done with it a few months down the road, i hope we can just take off and accept missions in flight and pick what we want to do (old simcop style)

    until then, ill finish the missions and see what mods are about to fill my time
    Regards
    TMTC

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyinExile View Post
    7 (dynamic) faction-based missions


    Best,
    RiE
    Does this mean the contract missions are different every time you play them? Kinda like the Challenges? Cool.

  3. #13
    I'm still in the middle of the campaign and thus cannot comment on its length. But story wise I like it a lot. Meeting the old chaps from BAF and PMC glory again is very nice

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tmtc View Post

    isnt it the job of the games company who we have supported to produce the mods and not the community..
    Uhm, not really Mods/addons are (almost always) created by the community. This is true for any game.

    DLC (free or paid) on the other hand is usually done by the devs.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tmtc View Post
    I think what he is trying to say is he was exspecting a little more from the story line than the couple of hours gameplay it provided.

    SO bascily what you have purchased is a game with a platform to produce your own missions......HMM, some people just want to fly so they will have to wait for the rest of community to produce the work.

    isnt it the job of the games company who we have supported to produce the mods and not the community..

    i love the game and can see what can be done with it a few months down the road, i hope we can just take off and accept missions in flight and pick what we want to do (old simcop style)

    until then, ill finish the missions and see what mods are about to fill my time
    Regards
    TMTC
    yes that's basically what i meant, i'm sure i and quite a few others are more than happy to increase your pool of "resources" by purchasing mission packs that are playable in multiplayer or even just single player. i thought even though the career mode was short it was very enjoyable, i guess it's nostalgia from the old and beloved simcopter game which was the one of the first games on pc i've ever played. then again the game has only been out what a week or two? so i'll just wait and see.

  6. #16
    I'm sure it must be longer than a couple of hours though. I have been playing the main story for more than that and I don't think I am near the end yet. Also, if you have played it through, have you done so on the hardest difficulty? You could consider it complete when you have done this.

    Anyway I guess the problem is that a lot of us come from Arma2 (and OFP) and know what's in store once the community start producing missions. We also know that these games are built with longevity in mind. BI have built a Civil Helecopter Sim system that happens to come with a pre built scenario.

    To be fair to people not from an Arma background, this isn't that obvious and may take a while to get used to. All I can say to those people is that you will eventually appreciate this more than you do now. You have bought a 'keeper' and while it may take a while for the content to be produced, it will be produced and you'll still be playing this game many moons from now.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

  7. #17
    yes it was completed in expert, and now i'm replaying the career mode in trainee with autotrim turned off.

  8. #18
    Warrant Officer dale0404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2 2008
    Location
    You don't want to know.
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    To be fair to people not from an Arma background, this isn't that obvious and may take a while to get used to. All I can say to those people is that you will eventually appreciate this more than you do now. You have bought a 'keeper' and while it may take a while for the content to be produced, it will be produced and you'll still be playing this game many moons from now.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. This is definately a game you will be coming back to time and time again. Quite a few people will be making missions / content as I type this.
    My Arma 3 SP missions:

    Rescue the Doctor - on Stratis

    Rescue the Doctor on Altis

    Raging Ethics - Coming soon! It is here!!

  9. #19
    guys guys guys...dont get me wrong! I actually AM currently learning how to work the editor

    I've never used it in ARMA2 so im quite new to it but getting better day by day.

    I never said the Devs did a half arsed job on the Story they certainly did not I really enjoyed playing it top to end.

    Even tho the Story "feels" short doesnt mean its bad or anything, what I found is that the Gameplay is not repetitive as it is with other games, that alone shows that the fine guys at BI really thought about it as good as they could and I for one absolutley appreciate that.

    Also I fully agree with dale I certainly will enjoy this sim for many moons to come be it with User Created Content or my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •