Thread: HeadTracking settings

HeadTracking settings

Here are some screenshots as requested. I thought I'd start a new thread so others could post their settings for trackIR which I don't have. Sensitivities had to be cut quite a lot to find a sweet spot. You might want to up the X sensitivity a bit, but this is how I've set it up. Actually zoom is the critical one I think, x and y not so much in this sim.
    EDIT: For those who can't find the analogue zoom, It can be found in the All controls category and is labeled Zoom in continuous.

Last edited by BadWeather; Oct 28 2011 at 12:20.

Thanks mate!

I'll test those settings later today, hope it will be a good starting point for me to tweak everything

Good Job...

So it Seems that Freetrack Supports TOH?
    But How will it work? I have my baseballcap. I Start Freetrack 2.2 and Press "Start". The Head will turn like my Head turn. OK. I Start the Game, but nothing happens..
    I Try to Configure the Controller-Options and Change the "TrackIR" Configurations (like "Head Turn (Analog)") but nothing will be "Input"..
    How can i support Freetrak in TOH?

Go to Options > Controls > Controllers, there you'll find your joystick and freetrack. Click freetrack and activate it below. That should be enough.

Just finished the whale mission with this settings and it works perfect. Its still a little hard to look around and keep the bird steady, but at the end of the mission it got better.

Don't forget about FaceTrackNoIR: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

Similar to fretrack, but no need for a modded camera or LED cap.

That looks interesting.. But..
    Can anyone Explain, how it (really) works?

I have download the Programm and the Patch to 1.5. After this i became an Error Message, that an dll is missin. After some Search in the web I know that I have to install "FaceTrackingAPI". So I do and after that the Programm works.
    So I "Play with the Settings" - Take the ARMA Profile, Set the "Game Protocol" to "FreeTrack" and the "Tracker Source" to "FaceAPI". After I Press the "Start" Button an s/w Picture of me appears. After some Seconds the Face-Tracker works and I can see an yellow Wireframe "on my Face", that will follow my Eyes (and Nose).

In Take On Helicopters (TOH) i set the Controller "FreeTrack" to "enabled". But in the Game the Sight will do "anything" but not what "I Do". So i can see only my Knee's of my Charakter. After some Seconds I see Straight forward. Every Move of my Head do nothing in Game. Sometimes, I look Straight right or Down. But never "real looking" like the Head.

Can anyone Explain, How i configure the programm?

I am having no luck getting FaceTrackNoIR working within ToH. I have it enabled, and it is assigned to the controls, but does nothing in game. Any ideas?