Sign in to follow this  
lazerath

[Bug Report - Mission Improvement] Career Mode - (Memory: Operation Bullseye)

**Warning** This contains SPOILER information on a mission (mission name in title). Do NOT read if you do NOT want the mission spoiled for yourself and wish to see if it works for you first.

Note: it did finally finish for me but there was a 10-15 minute period that NOTHING happened which led me to believe it was broken (hence me posting my thoughts on it here).

Scenario:

Drop leaflets at drop site one (1): Completed (no problems)

Drop leaflets at drop site two (2): Completed (no problems)

Shot down en-route to Drop leaflets at drop site three (3): Completed (no problems)

Land safely: Completed (no problems)

Reach extract point skipper: Completed (PROBLEM - Contractor helicopter that was supposed to come and pick me took 10-15 minutes to arrive after I made it to the extraction point. Originally I thought the mission was broken and came here to report it. After starting this report I then decided to go back into the game and use FAST TIME to make extra sure it was broken. Thats when the mission finally solved (after another 4 or so minutes on 4x speed the helo finally showed up) so I think it would be wise to add a trigger or something that lets the player know that the helo could take a significant amount of time before it shows up. Also to let the player know that the contractor littlebird that shows up and blows up the enemy patrols that are after you is NOT the bird that picks you up. I sat there for 10 minutes trying to get that littlebird to pick me up (it hovered off in the distance which initially led me to believe the mission was broken as I did NOT know it wasn't the extraction helicopter)).

Hopefully this helps others who may experience this problem

I hope this makes sense.

Strange. I didn't have this Problem ...

After crashing and finally mastering the Autorotations tutorial, I landed savely and the OPFOR forced me to flee towards the coastline. After the CAS arrived there were still OPFOR groups that blocked the way to the extraction point so I moved around them. When I finally reached Point Skipper I had to wait for ~2mins until the PMC Heli arrived.

The last part of that mission was awesome. Running from the enemy with only a small amount of ammo and hearing the supersonic cracks of the bullets passing by reminded me of some epic Arma 2 missions.

Yes I confirm I came here too because I thought there was a problem with the mission. For those who wonder, just turn on time acceleration and wait at "skipper point", but beware of the hostiles that could show up (2 for me).

i have what may be a bug as when i complete this mission i end up back the very first mission almost as if the game has done a time rewind and if any one has a fix i am very keen to try it

Hi,

I have problems with the mission in career mode, where i must carry the Container out of the Water(doesnt know the name). Before Patch all was good, after patch the waypoints are at wrong place, lift of the container is MORE than EASY(with speed in any height wide around it works). Hope the Problem is know and will be terminated!!

Greeetz

I had a similar issue where they took ages.. after landing I broke right and avoided pretty much everybody and just bolted... Battlemage didn't hop on the radio until well into my run and then gave me the extraction point... whereas on other runthroughs I would engage the first group of hostiles then hike up that hill and Battlemage would almost always start talking as I crested it.

The mission is fairly dynamic, meaning that you can

crash land

almost anywhere. This might lead to some unusual waiting times in some cases, but

epic tales of survival in others.

While proceduarlism separates the manly men from the pre-scripted-boys, it's obviously quite a frustration - and indeed happened to myself today. I'll put it up for re-evaluation.

Best,

RiE

I played through the mission twice on Expert, and loved it as is. The waiting is realistic, and can indeed lead to epic quests for survival from roving bands of opfor. This one is classic BIS. I got it that the Little Bird was the CAS (and not the contractor-run evac) because its arrival was announced on radio, and you see it blowing up opfor. It hovers over you to protect you, waiting for opfor. The waiting can be unnerving for sure, but I only had to wait less than 5 miinutes, during which time I lay prone in reverse slope defence, watching upslope for opfor to crest the ridge so I could take them out. But more than one band of them may approach from different directions! Usually the Little Bird took good care of the larger groups with hydras. Whew.

However, the autorotation is very brutal. It is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to crash land alive if no effort is taken to slow down and reduce altitude before the AA shooting starts. Especially brutal is the madly changing wind direction. I'll bet that flying on Trainee with autotrim makes it much easier.

Compared to the flawed CAS task in Op. Arrowhead memory mission, Bullseye hardly needs fixing.

Edited by OMAC

The mission is fairly dynamic, meaning that you can

crash land

almost anywhere. This might lead to some unusual waiting times in some cases, but

epic tales of survival in others.

While proceduarlism separates the manly men from the pre-scripted-boys, it's obviously quite a frustration - and indeed happened to myself today. I'll put it up for re-evaluation.

Best,

RiE

I try to avoid those enemys but i keep getting shot ... anyone can give some help with this?

Tijgerkuh,

RUN, RUN, RUN! Run away from the opfor, who are clustered together at start, crouching as necessary, using trees (if any) and terrain for cover. Do not engage them unless absolutely necessary. Use reverse slope defense if possible if opfor are on to your location. Do not stop running until you are clear and the CAS has arrived and tells you to keep your head down.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

...almost anywhere. This might lead to some unusual waiting times in some cases,

... I'll put it up for re-evaluation.

Best,

RiE

The key issue is what caused the delay in the arrival of the extraction for lazerath (and RiE). Is it possible for the extraction to be delayed by ground fire or excessive winds? Other than reducing the possibility of such delays as those, I don't see what other mission tweaking could be done to reduce the delays, as the extraction always heads for a fixed point (Skipper).

Although I don't think it is necessary, one way to alleviate the confusion (on lower difficulty settings perhaps?) would be to have periodic radio messages from the contractors and/or Battlemage that give estimated ETA to chopper arrival.

I think the confusion. doubt, fear, and even danger caused by the waiting are vital for the realism of the mission. ToH ain't no scripted COD Black Ops.

Edited by OMAC

Hi,

Well I can't even get that far :mad:

I played through the first part of the mission without any issues (did the two leaflet drops), and as expected came under enemy fire on the way to the third.

At first I tried evasive flying to avoid the incoming rounds, and this allowed me to stay alive for a bit longer. But, as had been mentioned earlier in this post, surviving the auto-rotation is tough. So I figured I'd head over to the water and land there.

Did so successfully, but here's the catch. No matter how much running around I do the rescue helicopter does not turn up. In fact, the waypoint for the pickup doesn't even activate.

I have tried time compression, and even ran all the way down to the friendly base, where I found the rescue chopper sitting on the helipad!

I ideas how to get round this?

Do I need to hit a specific location on the map to trigger the rescue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Boneman

Edited by Boneman66

Perhaps landing in some (too distant or remote?) locations prevents the extraction from locating you? Were enemy following you after you landed? Did you get the radio comm that your CAS has arrived to cover you, and to keep your head down? You shouldn't have to run all the way back to base.

Hi,

Well I can't even get that far :mad:

I played through the first part of the mission without any issues (did the two leaflet drops), and as expected came under enemy fire on the way to the third.

At first I tried evasive flying to avoid the incoming rounds, and this allowed me to stay alive for a bit longer. But, as had been mentioned earlier in this post, surviving the auto-rotation is tough. So I figured I'd head over to the water and land there.

Did so successfully, but here's the catch. No matter how much running around I do the rescue helicopter does not turn up. In fact, the waypoint for the pickup doesn't even activate.

I have tried time compression, and even ran all the way down to the friendly base, where I found the rescue chopper sitting on the helipad!

I ideas how to get round this?

Do I need to hit a specific location on the map to trigger the rescue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Boneman

Yeah i have the same problem. I dont know what to do, i m just running to nowhere, no target, no chopper, nothing to help me!

Hi,

I got the message saying they were on their way, but there is no sign of the enemy.

Can anyone who has completed this mission successfully confirm whether or not they landed on the ground or in the water?

Cheers,

Boneman

I landed on land the three times I have completed the mission successfully.

Hi,

Can anyone who has completed this mission successfully confirm whether or not they landed on the ground or in the water?

Cheers,

Boneman

When you are auto-rotating to the ground, 'landing' on the water currently breaks the mission-flow.

Mission logic currently depends upon detecting the player landing on the 'real' ground surface type.

The issue is being resolved for an upcoming patch.

Best,

RiE

I know this is an old thread, but I'm only just starting to go through career mode. I've just spent a fun 5-10 mins dodging the patrols (I've played Arma 1 & 2 so it feels right,hehe), was heading for Skipper, then I heard the cockpit warning beeps for a chopper, and the CAS Littlebird had been shot down just above me!! I assume it was an IGLA seeing as some of the OPFOR soldiers were carrying them.

I managed to get to Skipper using the hills for cover, but like other posts , expected it to 'trigger' and get some sign of incoming rescue. After a couple of minutes taking out 6 OPFOR's, I got up and started moving to see if it would trigger anything,... and got shot :(

What I would like to report is that one time the evac chopper did indeed land in the water in this mission. It was really crazy and I was like "what?" but that wasn't the only problem. I had reached that point after killing at least a dozen OPFOR's by taking the AK-47's from the dead enemy soldiers. The initial ammo had depleted. And although the enemies that I had managed to eliminate there were more coming.

So I thought OK I will just go towards the river and they will be forced to find another route in order to catch me. But those guys had no problem literally walking on water!?!? I thought that I could, OK it is a bug that helped me reach the chopper, but come on......

I started walking and shooting at the same time and it was really exciting with the adrenaline, the bullets, the shells from my weapon and all but it would be a lot more sensible if something similar would happen on land?!?!

wmplayer201304012208349.jpg

wmplayer201304012208454.jpg

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast