inlesco

New campaign - Spetsnaz Pride!

New campaign - Spetsnaz Pride!

Storyline: After serving lots of years, having survived many crucial moments and being shocked because of cruel views in bloody Chechnya, Spetsnaz team, which always been a part of elite military platoon, has signed a contact for participation in hostile-controlled island of Nogova.

Surely, Spetsnaz have never expected truly simple operations for highly-paid actions and they probably knew what this all will be about! They must start taking part in liberation of Nogova from local murderers, which are mainly supported by NATO forces, holocaust.

Rapid genocide of local nations must be stopped and there's only way to do this - act as fast as imposible and seek for appropiate revenge against joint enemy forces. Althrough, Russias haven't invaded Nogova, but they will in near future - until that, Spetsnaz must operate on their own and survive in horrible conditions.

The question is - will you lead them to success?

Requirements:

Features:

• Intros & Outros
  • Detailed briefing & notes sections for every mission
  • Dynamics to increase overall replayability
  • Realistic mission design
  • Quite complex and thinking-requiring missions, which will test your skills
  • Co-op

*Note that all of the features mentioned here will be only in the playable beta version of whole campaign!

Campaign will also be playable with:

• WW4 2.5 Modpack
  • WGL 5 mod
  • FDF mod

Spetsnaz Pride is a singleplayer & multiplayer coop type campaign.

Currently avaiable missions to download & play:

Plans: Whole campaign, containing all planned missions, should be released this year. More episodes coming soon, but they won't be released in a row.

Stay tuned and provide feedback on currently avaiable parts of Spetsnaz Pride! Keep in mind that every opinion or even constructive explanation of things you've experienced is appreciateable and helps me to improve overall quality.

:)

Edited by Inlesco

Hyperbole aside....

I happen to love Russian missions - especially in English! Top notch. I'm looking forward to the full campaign.

Minor criticism: More Russian weapons in the selection screen. It's not impossible - I guess - for Spetsnaz to have Western weapons. But I think it'd be better if there was a more realistic loadout of GP-25s, PKMs, and Dragunovs.

@Jagermeisters: I'll fix weapon selection "mistake" in the full release. Glad you like Russian-side missions. In my opinion, they add something really great to OFP/ARMA:CWA overall atmosphere. Variety is always good.

@Aldo15: Sure, it's great when you play and provide useful feedback.

Variety is always good.

here is THE ultimate variation: http://www.youtube.com/user/LOLclanOFP

come and play. we are just preparing to open new server with WW2+Nam collection.

nice job Inlesco, ill add to our server if u released fixed version.

:respekt:thankyou.gif

Edited by Incubus

@Jagermeisters: I forgot to mention what kind of an idea I had by letting Spetsnaz team to use NATO weapons without any restrictions - in fact, they're a bit more efficient in the combat, suitable ammo can be found in Nogova (from corpses, crates, vehicles, etc.), if you run out of mags. Also, there might be some unusual tactical decision by special forces unit to fool resistance & NATO infantry when using friendly-side weapons. Well, this idea is quite weird but it's all fine, IMO. As I said, more russian weapons will be added to increase selection.

@Incubus: Thanks, mate. The collection of mods you've showcased is really cool. :)

Yeah, US and Russian weapons together sound best. I have my own custom config going on; Bizons are AS Vals and AK-74s are AKS-74s. I always relish the chance to use them in missions. :D

This is just a suggestion for future missions. Some of the coolest missions I've played allow you to control a vehicle as part of the squad. Sometimes, it's something simple like a Mi-8 to transport you from hotspot to hotspot (so cool). Other times, it's a BMP attached to the squad, and I have to figure out how to use it effectively. I mean, if I send a BMP in alone, it'll be destroyed quite easily. But if my squad goes in first to supress enemy infantry, the BMP can provide fire support from far away (also so cool).

Anyway, just a suggestion. ;)

@Jagermeisters: Good idea, I'll try to find a script or even code my own which lets player to control vehicles by selecting a single point on the map and clicking on it. I've seen such an option in some multiplayer scenarios I've played in the past. Or maybe Drongo's Toolkit would be a great solution! Sometimes it's hard to make a proper choice.

I guess your didn't try to point out that I should only add a couple of pilots sitting in their chopper to Spetsnaz team what would let to control them successfully, but it can break entire immersion of an operation feeling probably.

The progress on the campaign was quite slow lately, but of course I haven't abandoned this project and it's still alive, due to be released "when its done", as add-on makers love to say (no doubt others too :)).

I'm here to present you some of the pictures of the last works.

I'm also surprised that almost nobody is interested in this project. Should I drop it because of low community interest and switch to Arma2+OA completely? :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's the eye-candy stuff:

ofpspetsnazpride1.jpg

ofpspetsnazpride2.jpg

ofpspetsnazpride3.jpg

ofpspetsnazpride4.jpg

ofpspetsnazpride5.jpg

ofpspetsnazpride6.jpg

ofpspetsnazpride7.jpg

Edited by Inlesco

I'm also surprised that almost nobody is interested in this project.

Guess, everybody's playing WW4 in MP. :p

But hey, it's your first news since October! Don't expect people to comment when it's nothing new to show ;) I'm sure that your campaign will get a lot of attention when it'll be out - we don't have too much campaigns which focus on the "bad guys"!

Keep up and good luck!

I'm also surprised that almost nobody is interested in this project. Should I drop it because of low community interest and switch to Arma2+OA completely? :rolleyes:

Well if its fame your looking for you chose the wrong game, I still do addons for it because I enjoy making them, and I love the game.

Haven't had time to try your missions yet but your theme looks interesting.

STGN

Well if its fame your looking for you chose the wrong game

Right game, just 6 years too late.

The idea of the campaign sounds interesting. I've been playing a lot of missions from the Russian/OPFOR side recently so as long as the text is in English, it should be good.

Looks like the level of sarcasm is over 9000 at the moment... What would happen if fame would instantly become the main aspect of an objective to continue this project by time to time? I guess the answer is known to everyone - simply choose other game. Speaking of passion and nostalgia for OFP, it's about "that" hardly explainable love for an old, classic, still technically outstanding game.

Well, the really first projects of mostly everyone are tend to be "too ambitious". I don't intend to blame anyone because there's no point to do so.

More to come this month (I mean, stuff to play, not pictures :D).

Heck, I'll try it out. More missions means more things to shoot, typically. That's how I see it. :D I've been mainly lurking around the addons sections, but I need to check out the missions section a bit too, so...yeah, I'll be sure to try it out. I don't know how much feedback I'll be able to give, so I might sum it up as, "I like it." or something like that. Certainly looks interesting.

I'm interested! The pictures look good. What are the objectives of these missions? I like long missions, in general. Maybe you can add other friendly squads? Like a supporting VDV squad as you attack a joint objective. =) Anyway -- keep up the good work.

Missions will be from "long" (>1h) to "rather long" (~30min) and "kinda short" (<15min). However, time of each's completion mainly depends on player(s)' skill.

In most of the missions Spetsnaz squad is the only one taking part, but sometimes they get proper armor/infantry/air support sent by friendly forces or even convinced locals can join you.

Overall, objectives will be various. In my opinion, variety and freedom should be the key in any campaign, but there might be a lot of exceptions dependant on creation's style.

Armor and air support? Awesome. :D

By the way, lately, I've been using a search-and-replace program to convert the best US missions into Russian ones; SoldierW to SoldierE. Desperate, I know, but it made me realize how good Russian missions can be. I don't know why I'm telling you, but hey, it might give you ideas!

Good luck on the campaign.

i once ran into a russian airborne addon that was really good that id like to play this mission with. ill have to see if i can cook something up...

Below - a little lovely Christmas gift for those who are looking forward to play full campaign...

Spetsnaz Pride 11 is released!

More info in Readme which is inside SP11 archive. I hope beta version of the campaign isn't very far away!

Merry Christmas! ;)

i fail to download the mission,

op need to upload them somewhere else.

All right, I've uploaded latest version of Spetsnaz Pride 11 on Rapidshare.

tiket, did you try using various browsers? Multiupload works perfectly on FF10 beta, FF9, Opera and likely others.

All right, I've uploaded latest version of Spetsnaz Pride 11 on Rapidshare.

tiket, did you try using various browsers? Multiupload works perfectly on FF10 beta, FF9, Opera and likely others.

mega upload work for me,my net is slow.